Mahoney Says To Start Rex | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney Says To Start Rex

Always hate to show my ignorance, but what does "have a blue checkmark next to their name" mean?

He's verified. Some people, in Mahoney's case, wrongly assume that their ego will now be inflated because social media platforms have deemed them more important than a regular user.

I laughed at some posts here.

Love the hybrid blend of Rex and Tommy. Give us Rex’s quick decision making with Tommy’s actual throwing mechanics.

While we are at it... let’s add in Mahomes’ arm strength, Josh Allen’s size, and Lamar’s legs.

It has been mentioned a couple of times that TD doesn't have the locker room and this points to that being a fact anymore.

I wonder if people resent TD because of the way Dino handled the Dungey situation and benching him for TD?

I listened to DB's Georgia Tech press conference, early on he referenced playing both QBs on Saturday...So unless I misunderstood, expect both.

Georgia Tech is scared going in to Saturday. There’s no way they have enough SU tape on both QB’s starting to put a game plan together. This should be an automatic win.

Unless we also don’t have enough SU game tape to put an offense together...

That's exactly what it's implying. We know he's been working hard. Up until the pandemic hit and threw coverage out of whack, the coverage into his off-season in 2019 was transparent. Devito's undoing was his loyalty to Syracuse during the recruiting process. Babers talked a good game.

huh?

Wish Dungey would chime in IMO. Didn't he like Amie as the successor not Devito? Obviously this is before Amie transferred.

Indeed. He apparently saw enough of TD to render such an opinion. No doubt, it really would be interesting to hear from Dungey and getting his specific assessments, etc.

If if if he is implying that tommy Doesn’t work hard he’s gonna have a problem I don’t have time to listen so I’ll let it go for now . Tommy is the hardest working kid you will find . He doesn’t drink , smoke , or hang out with bad people . He has a list for the week detailed of every meal , workout , rest , classes , he is so thorough.
He worked out twice a day during covid and gained more strength than any player on the team from testing . He is a workaholic so if Zach said that he is dead wrong !
Who cares what a player who has been gone for 2 years thinks anyway ? If his slow footed
Ass played under the duress tommy endures he would be 2 feet under the turf. Rex god love him comes in to try to run and take some reps to help limit Tommy’s hits he is going to take .

If if if he is implying that tommy Doesn’t work hard he’s gonna have a problem I don’t have time to listen so I’ll let it go for now . Tommy is the hardest working kid you will find . He doesn’t drink , smoke , or hang out with bad people . He has a list for the week detailed of every meal , workout , rest , classes , he is so thorough.
He worked out twice a day during covid and gained more strength than any player on the team from testing . He is a workaholic so if Zach said that he is dead wrong !
Who cares what a player who has been gone for 2 years thinks anyway ? If his slow footed
Ass played under the duress tommy endures he would be 2 feet under the turf. Rex god love him comes in to try to run and take some reps to help limit Tommy’s hits he is going to take .
That is the reason Rex came in??? To limit the hits on TD?? wow, it is refreshing to know since I guess he went off script and threw a TD. How about not bashing previous players and putting TD on a pedestal for everyone to see. Be proud, of course, he is your son. Zach earned some respect from these fans as well.

That is the reason Rex came in??? To limit the hits on TD?? wow, it is refreshing to know since I guess he went off script and threw a TD. How about not bashing previous players and putting TD on a pedestal for everyone to see. Be proud, of course, he is your son. Zach earned some respect from these fans as well.
I have no problem with Rex love him
Great throw he made . Obviously Zach is making false comments about my son it’s the polar opposite of what he says so yeah I’m gonna tell a truth about him when he says a total total lie about my son a total lie

I didn't put much stock in the podcast. It was an attempt for clicks, and it worked. If Rex is his boy, he'd be putting a word in for Rex. Past that, I don't see it as much different than fan opinions...

He didn’t say that

I'm OK with the first 75% of his post. I have little to no doubt that TD works very hard. So if Rex was implying that TD doesn't put in the work, TD's Dad has every right to be incensed. And if Tommy really is doing all that Mr. Devito says, then yea...he should be p*ssed.

I do agree though, that he should not knock former players. But if I Iistened to that podcast about my kid and knew it to be the furthest thing from the truth, I'd probably say something worse. :cool:

But if he were my kid, I'd just stay away from it all, because no matter how good or bad your son is, people will complain. I'm sure there are Clemson fans who bemoaned Trevor Lawrence after he lost 1 game in 2 years. It has to be an incredibly difficult spot to be in as a parent. I appreciate any and all inside info, but if it were me, I wouldn't have the skin to read, so I'd just stay away.

I didn’t hear Mahoney say Tommy doesn’t work hard. The commentary was based on the lack of results so far this year.

I'm OK with the first 75% of his post. I have little to no doubt that TD works very hard. So if Rex was implying that TD doesn't put in the work, TD's Dad has every right to be incensed. And if Tommy really is doing all that Mr. Devito says, then yea...he should be p*ssed.

I do agree though, that he should not knock former players. But if I Iistened to that podcast about my kid and knew it to be the furthest thing from the truth, I'd probably say something worse. :cool:

But if he were my kid, I'd just stay away from it all, because no matter how good or bad your son is, people will complain. I'm sure there are Clemson fans who bemoaned Trevor Lawrence after he lost 1 game in 2 years. It has to be an incredibly difficult spot to be in as a parent. I appreciate any and all inside info, but if it were me, I wouldn't have the skin to read, so I'd just stay away.
Completely agree with you and I guess you said it better than I would have.

Both of you should probably just listen to the podcast.

Edit: Apologies to Doc5129.

One of you should probably just listen to the podcast.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom