Mahoney Says To Start Rex | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mahoney Says To Start Rex

Wasn’t clear

I didn't infer the same thing as Tommy's Dad, but I can kind of see how he would get that as a takeaway. I don't want to get this too off topic, so I'll bring it back around. Let's play whoever gives us the best chance to win! Things have to get better this Saturday, and on nothing more than blind faith, I think they will.

I didn't infer the same thing as Tommy's Dad, but I can kind of see how he would get that as a takeaway. I don't want to get this too off topic, so I'll bring it back around. Let's play whoever gives us the best chance to win! Things have to get better this Saturday, and on nothing more than blind faith, I think they will.
Yes, I think he reacted based on some of the posts here that were garbled or maybe misleading.

If if if he is implying that tommy Doesn’t work hard he’s gonna have a problem I don’t have time to listen so I’ll let it go for now . Tommy is the hardest working kid you will find . He doesn’t drink , smoke , or hang out with bad people . He has a list for the week detailed of every meal , workout , rest , classes , he is so thorough.
He worked out twice a day during covid and gained more strength than any player on the team from testing . He is a workaholic so if Zach said that he is dead wrong !
Who cares what a player who has been gone for 2 years thinks anyway ? If his slow footed
Ass played under the duress tommy endures he would be 2 feet under the turf. Rex god love him comes in to try to run and take some reps to help limit Tommy’s hits he is going to take .

Zach "Slow Feet" Mahoney scored 61 points against PITT in 2016

I'm OK with the first 75% of his post. I have little to no doubt that TD works very hard. So if Rex was implying that TD doesn't put in the work, TD's Dad has every right to be incensed. And if Tommy really is doing all that Mr. Devito says, then yea...he should be p*ssed.

I do agree though, that he should not knock former players. But if I Iistened to that podcast about my kid and knew it to be the furthest thing from the truth, I'd probably say something worse. :cool:

But if he were my kid, I'd just stay away from it all, because no matter how good or bad your son is, people will complain. I'm sure there are Clemson fans who bemoaned Trevor Lawrence after he lost 1 game in 2 years. It has to be an incredibly difficult spot to be in as a parent. I appreciate any and all inside info, but if it were me, I wouldn't have the skin to read, so I'd just stay away.
Well...at least today he is knocking a "former" team mate rather than a "current" team mate like he did weekly when TD was serving his apprenticeship.

If if if he is implying that tommy Doesn’t work hard he’s gonna have a problem I don’t have time to listen so I’ll let it go for now . Tommy is the hardest working kid you will find . He doesn’t drink , smoke , or hang out with bad people . He has a list for the week detailed of every meal , workout , rest , classes , he is so thorough.
He worked out twice a day during covid and gained more strength than any player on the team from testing . He is a workaholic so if Zach said that he is dead wrong !
Who cares what a player who has been gone for 2 years thinks anyway ? If his slow footed
Ass played under the duress tommy endures he would be 2 feet under the turf. Rex god love him comes in to try to run and take some reps to help limit Tommy’s hits he is going to take .
True all that. Saying TD isn’t a hard worker and unbelievably dedicated to his craft is just ignorant of who this young man is.

It was nice to hear a take from someone who has lived it. Thought he was complementary to Devito's talent. Said he has great arm strength and inferred he has the ability to be a big time player.

Zach said based on the games he's seen of Devito, that Devito should sit and Rex should get a shot. He basically said if this wasn't the prize recruit of Dino Babers, he would have already been benched for this week.

He also mentioned the problems with the offense, including coaches and oline. I didn't hear him say that he thought the wr's were the problem.

I would say that the questions were tailored to focus on the qb position though, in fairness to Zach and Tommy.

Every single player on the offense, no exceptions, needs to take a hard look at how they are performing. Pretty sure that is what has been going on this week. This post may come back to haunt me, but I’m predicting a much improved offense this week.

It was nice to hear a take from someone who has lived it. Thought he was complementary to Devito's talent. Said he has great arm strength and inferred he has the ability to be a big time player.

Zach said based on the games he's seen of Devito, that Devito should sit and Rex should get a shot. He basically said if this wasn't the prize recruit of Dino Babers, he would have already been benched for this week.

He also mentioned the problems with the offense, including coaches and oline. I didn't hear him say that he thought the wr's were the problem.

I would say that the questions were tailored to focus on the qb position though, in fairness to Zach and Tommy.
That's why he has no creditability takes pop shots at own players, had low blows to Dungey as well saying he wouldn't run better than a 4.8, 4.9 at the combine he ended running a 4.6.
Ed wasn’t at the combine and I never said what he would run

For the first couple games TD I was the starting QB. Now TD is starting but both QBs will play. Pretty obvious , Dino is not happy and TD is on notice. That’s how I read it. I could be wrong, I was once a long time ago.

Redrum what do you think Tommy needs to improve with this current situation to help the offense get back on track?

I think we give Tommy a week off, Let Rex play the game he is a senior. If he does terrible or no better then let the guy who won the starting job in the pre season take the spot for the rest of the year and hope he stays healthy, god knows the poor kid has taken plenty of punishment! If Rex comes in and plays well, moves the ball and wins the game, well then I think you have to let him play out the rest of the season. In an Ideal world Tommy would be the starter and be lighting up defense, for many reasons probably (most of all the O line is horrid) the offense is strait dumpster juice. If Rex can make Chicken Salad out of Chicken s$%t then give that man the starting job.

This is a must win game. I hope they play whoever they feel gives the team the best chance to win. And if the coaches believe that involves a platoon / splitting time, starting one over the other, or playing one more than the other -- fine. Just win baby.

Zach "Slow Feet" Mahoney scored 61 points against PITT in 2016
Wrong he scored 68 points against Pitt. Don't forget the pick six he threw and also remember that a lot of his passes were of the five and seven yard variety and the receiver took it the other 40,50,60 yards. Mahoney should have just stayed out of this one.

Wrong he scored 68 points against Pitt. Don't forget the pick six he threw and also remember that a lot of his passes were of the five and seven yard variety and the receiver took it the other 40,50,60 yards. Mahoney should have just stayed out of this one.

How many yards does a pass go that you don’t throw because you can’t make a decision and take a 10 yard sack?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom