"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

Matt Park ‏@MattPark1 1m
The stage is set for today's 2:45 @Cuse press conference at @destinyusa. Stop by if you're out. #OrangeNation pic.twitter.com/xRe2W0VYxV

BlW616rIQAA99T1.jpg

This is so minor league for a supposed "Big Announcement".

Last edited:
Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 48s
Just spotted SU football head coach Scott Shafer entering Destiny USA for the big announcement.
Fizzle, or sizzle? I am expecting more of the former. If it's anything of less significance than official word that the IPF is ready to go and will be done by so-and-so date, then I want to know whose concept of "major" went into the spin.

This is jokingly horrific for a supposed "Big Announcement".
I feel like im going to be let down either way.

It's a lame announcement which will make these now 8 pages look stupid OR its a huge announcement which will make me wonder why a medium amount of hype was devoted.

Big announcement, party balloons, and no live stream.

I'm not liking this so far. Shocked that there doesn't appear to be a live stream, at least that I've seen. Seems like a no-brainer for cuse.com to be carrying this feed live, unless there are restrictions at Destiny...and I have no doubt that the internet capabilities absolutely exist at Destiny.

This is jokingly horrific for a supposed "Big Announcement".

Is that stage set up directly in front of the Dick's in the expansion section of the mall? Dick's surely has some of the unis in stock...will they (Dick's) have anything to do with the announcement?

Is that stage set up directly in front of the Dick's in the expansion section of the mall? Dick's surely has some of the unis in stock...will they (Dick's) have anything to do with the announcement?

That part never made any sense. Wouldn't SU want to sell the jerseys through the Bookstore, or Manny's, or on line, instead of through outsiders like and the Sports Authority?

ooh, i see the nice backdrop off to the other side. maybe the balloon stage is just for the clowns and jugglers.

It's where the people wearing the new unis will stand.

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 13s
I'm told there could be as many as four different uniform combinations unveiled here today. Including a platinum version. We shall see.

sutomcat said:
Yes, I'm sure is selling uniforms that haven't been seen yet.

That part never made any sense. Wouldn't SU want to sell the jerseys through the Bookstore, or Manny's, or on line, instead of through outsiders like and the Sports Authority?
Dick's is a near national retailer with stores in the following states:

Manny's and the SU bookstores are tiny, no bandwidth to market or move merchandise like a national store.

While on the subject of Dick's, when I was in Greensboro for the ACC tournament, I went into a Dick's down there. There was a big display near the front entrance, set up for the ACC tourney no doubt, that featured three schools.

Duke, UNC and...Syracuse. Couldn't believe it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom