"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

Another thing to think about as far as whether it not this is the final product...

None of the prior mentioned chrome and gray pants. There does however appear to be gray panels on the shoulders and legs of the blue uni in the pic

I'm not saying that I called the LSU series being finalized as the major announcement, buuuuuut I called it that the LSU series being finalized would be announced.

I'm pumped, I might make the trip to Bato Rouge for that game with a buddy of mine who is an LSU fan.

Only imperial storm troopers are so precise with blast patterns.
yet they couldn't shoot straight during the death star chase scene! and what is their clunky armor good for if it can't actually repel a standard blaster shot?

SU store is interesting. Good use of the thinking cap!!!

orange jersey with white numbers and white pants is the look i am looking for but this look is pretty good. Its more modern to what teams are wearing. The old school three strips down the side was starting to get to me. The new numbers are a little jazzy but like I said i am all for jazzing up the uniforms to get more appeal. But not too jazzy. lol.

exactly. the 3 stripe stuff is 1990's. i wanted to get the look kind of like the Seahawks and these kind of look like them

exactly. the 3 stripe stuff is 1990's. i wanted to get the look kind of like the Seahawks and these kind of look like them
i like the gray/chrome look.

just want them to incorporate as much Orange as possible.

the #s can be as funky as they want.

the seahawks, the broncos, the U, vpi, clemson etc...all these teams/schools find a way to stay true to their colors and make the uni hip, sleek and cool.

not sure why Syracuse always has a problem doing this and comes back to us saying thats what the kids want.

why do we recruit kids who dont like Orange and all the other schools who wear Orange somehow and miraculously find kids who like it???

well, the young kids at Miami are cooler, hipper and better athletes...and they wear ALL ORANGE.

why cant the ORANGE, wear ORANGE???

They have dibs on them being in the ACC longer?

So...is this shindig getting streamed anywhere? SUA?
I was wondering the same.. Was just looking around. Nothing on the cuse.com site or in the videos. Checked some of the TV stations and did not see anything either. If it is that big I would think it would be streamed. Starting to think it is not as big as we think. But...whoever got this idea has certainly built up some hype.

yet they couldn't shoot straight during the death star chase scene! and what is their clunky armor good for if it can't actually repel a standard blaster shot?
Typical thugs who could mercilessly kill tiny Jawas but went yeller against equal foe's.

KaiserUEO said:
i like the gray/chrome look. just want them to incorporate as much Orange as possible. the #s can be as funky as they want. the seahawks, the broncos, the U, vpi, clemson etc...all these teams/schools find a way to stay true to their colors and make the uni hip, sleek and cool. not sure why Syracuse always has a problem doing this and comes back to us saying thats what the kids want. why do we recruit kids who dont like Orange and all the other schools who wear Orange somehow and miraculously find kids who like it???

Perfectly stated.

My concept

nasa-spacesuits-history-04-670x440-130503.jpg

i like the gray/chrome look.

just want them to incorporate as much Orange as possible.

the #s can be as funky as they want.

the seahawks, the broncos, the U, vpi, clemson etc...all these teams/schools find a way to stay true to their colors and make the uni hip, sleek and cool.

not sure why Syracuse always has a problem doing this and comes back to us saying thats what the kids want.

why do we recruit kids who dont like Orange and all the other schools who wear Orange somehow and miraculously find kids who like it???

The problem with this whole take is the assumption that the kids are the reason for the lack of orange.

I think it's much simpler than that:

1. It's our name.
2. Dr.Gross and Nike subscribe to the "make the highlight color" orange. That is a small amount, when surrounded by other colors can be effective as well.

I know you disagree with this take - and that's cool. I just don't think you're directing your ire at the right folks. Players would wear all orange and love it (unless you're a 300+ lb OT, then you'd feel like Otto).

My concept

nasa-spacesuits-history-04-670x440-130503.jpg
I like the all orange, wish the helmet was orange too.

With this setup, we would also have a huge advantage in the event the fans in the Dome malfunctioned and sucked all the oxygen out...

With this setup, we would also have a huge advantage in the event the fans in the Dome malfunctioned and sucked all the oxygen out...

Are you implying that SU fans suck? :cool:

Dislike the numeral font... ugh. And when I say "dislike" I'm being generous.

Hopefully there'll be some Orange pants somewhere.
Agree. Lower stretched numerals look distorted and cartoonish.

TheCusian said:
The problem with this whole take is the assumption that the kids are the reason for the lack of orange. I think it's much simpler than that: 1. It's our name. 2. Dr.Gross and Nike subscribe to the "make the highlight color" orange. That is a small amount, when surrounded by other colors can be effective as well. I know you disagree with this take - and that's cool. I just don't think you're directing your ire at the right folks. Players would wear all orange and love it (unless you're a 300+ lb OT, then you'd feel like Otto).

The argument against this theory is the men's basketball unis, and the men's lacrosse unis. Both of these teams wear an orange uni at times at least with little to no blue on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom