"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

What the heck are those numbers??? Can we switch with Illinois:
BlWV7U_CUAACJLm.jpg:large
Wow! Swap out the. Block "I" for an "S" and the Illini Unis have my vote hands down.

The problem with this whole take is the assumption that the kids are the reason for the lack of orange.

I think it's much simpler than that:

1. It's our name.
2. Dr.Gross and Nike subscribe to the "make the highlight color" orange. That is a small amount, when surrounded by other colors can be effective as well.

I know you disagree with this take - and that's cool. I just don't think you're directing your ire at the right folks. Players would wear all orange and love it (unless you're a 300+ lb OT, then you'd feel like Otto).
thats not quite my take and i know weve discussed this at length...but i did today use the kids as a reason for less Orange, so lets try this again.

id really like to think that kids have very little say, or if they have a big say...then i want it controlled.

show them 10 options, all being Orange-centric.

you want a little blue in there? fine.

maybe a blue helmet? ugh, but ok if the jersey is Orange. etc...

if the school is giving them an all blue look as an option, one that looks great (i dont think so, but we established im an idiot for this long ago)...and the kids jump all over it...then thats a FAIL.

a Syracuse University FAIL.

then they come out and say 'hey, the kids all love em, so shut up' and to me...thats ANOTHER FAIL.

Orange and gray/chrome can pretty cool.

lets see.....

Last edited:
I wonder what the process is like to get new jerseys. Does SU pay Nike to get them to do it?

I wonder what the process is like to get new jerseys. Does SU pay Nike to get them to do it?

Just the opposite. Nike says "if you want free jerseys, you'll wear what we give you".

If everyone looks at Cordy and Whigham's convo on twitter it doesn't look like those are the actual unis.

No streaming == not a big announcement

why the cheap balloons (which don't even match our branding) and not a professional backdrop?

That's not a backdrop--that's the framework for the new IPF. The two silver SUs are abbreviations for "Shut up!" so everybody can hear the major announcement.

i like the gray/chrome look.

just want them to incorporate as much Orange as possible.

the #s can be as funky as they want.

the seahawks, the broncos, the U, vpi, clemson etc...all these teams/schools find a way to stay true to their colors and make the uni hip, sleek and cool.

not sure why Syracuse always has a problem doing this and comes back to us saying thats what the kids want.

why do we recruit kids who dont like Orange and all the other schools who wear Orange somehow and miraculously find kids who like it???

I don't disagree. I am holding out hope that there is an Orange set though.

Your vote counts as much as a republican in Massachusetts.
Tell that to Scott Brown in January 2010. If Brown didn't beat Martha Coakley in the 2010 MA special election to replace Ted Kennedy the Democrats would have a super-majority/filibuster proof majority from June 2009 thru January 2011, and the ACA would have been passed easier, and other progressive laws would have flown through the Congress especially after the mid-term elections during the lame duck season. Massachusetts of all places is why the Obama presidency hasn't passed a lot of laws due to the results of that election of Scott Brown.

Also, I have heard we have 4 tops in the new uniforms. So people shouldn't be worried about the lack of Orange I think that is the suprise. I heard we have an Orange, Blue, Gray, White top, with the same colors in pants and helmets as well.

Tell that to Scott Brown in January 2010. If Brown didn't beat Martha Coakley in the 2010 MA special election to replace Ted Kennedy the Democrats would have a super-majority/filibuster proof majority from June 2009 thru January 2011, and the ACA would have been passed easier, and other progressive laws would have flown through the Congress especially after the mid-term elections during the lame duck season. Massachusetts of all places is why the Obama presidency hasn't passed a lot of laws due to the results of that election of Scott Brown.

Also, I have heard we have 4 tops in the new uniforms. So people shouldn't be worried about the lack of Orange I think that is the suprise. I heard we have an Orange, Blue, Gray, White top, with the same colors in pants and helmets as well.
Trust me, I voted for Scott Brown, I'm aware. But no chance it happens again.

They don't need to announce new uniforms at Destiny.

1. Mark's train, which might be well educated guess.

2. Buying out Carrier for the naming rights of the Dome, pays for the IPF. Complete WAG.
I would be very surprised if Carrier would ever agree to no. 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom