"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

I will be sourly disappointed no matter what. It's my inner-upstate-ness, syracusian bent.

Now that the cats out of the bag I have to say I felt bad for those who got sucked into the syracuse hype, there isnt any big announcement unfortunately.

I won't be finding the unis at Dick's here in AZ. So does not matter if national. They still carry sports team mostly geographically.

honestly though... getting LSU in the Dome is big news. It just didnt need a dog and pony show.

Sweet fancy Mary folks, I'm amazed people are all sorts of worked up over the fact that in your mind this isn't a "major" announcement. First off the press release was for "SU FOOTBALL MEDIA." This is major news for folks who follow the football team -- new unis and a big time SEC program coming to the dome.

If this were a new stadium, new naming rights, etc... it wouldn't be just for football media, it would be for all media. Those type of announcements effect the whole city, not just the football media. Some of the ideas on the previous nine pages were good ones though, and hopefully some of them will come to pass at some point (especially a train sponsored by Destiny that goes to the dome).

Seriously!? Uniforms and LSU!? Whoaaa, calm down there Syracuse. Dont get too crazy now.

Im going to punch my computer in the face. :bang:

honestly though... getting LSU in the Dome is big news. It just didnt need a dog and pony show.
did we have pressers for tenny, michigan, florida st, nd, psu, auburn, etc when they signed up? not that i recall...and at least not with a spectacle. let's act like we belong there.

New uniforms is press conference worthy, but curious to see the Destiny angle...

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 7s
Matt Park says multiple announcements are coming.

did we have pressers for tenny, michigan, florida st, nd, psu, auburn, etc when they signed up? not that i recall...and at least not with a spectacle. let's act like we belong there.

LSU is bigger than all of them, its not close. But i agree, just announce it and move on.

Geez, they are acting like the Pope is coming to town. LSU is a good team, but in no way deserves this sort of press conference just to announce it.

I do remember complaints last season about SU not promoting the football program enough. So here it is...Big mall in town. Build up hype. Leads to ticket sales, and interest in SU football. If that is all this is about, it is still a step in the right direction.

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 19s
Here is Floyd. pic.twitter.com/guuRFg3ppL

BlXUXYBIQAAe8M3.jpg

LSU is bigger than all of them, its not close. But i agree, just announce it and move on.
bigger than tenny during the manning years? no way. (and as i often mention, i married into lsu so i pump them up more than anybody)

Am I the only one here who is under the assumption that the primary reason for the presser is for the Uni release, not LSU? Maybe since LSU worked itself out around the same time, why not announce it here :noidea:

Fanfare and public relations is better than apathy and lack of communication.

If we beat LSU at home people will be pretty damn happy looking back at this.
If we beat LSU we'll look back at the original announcement at Destiny USA?
No one will remember or care under what form the announcement was made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom