"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

SU never built it up though. This thread and people on twitter turned it into something way over the top.
Aw come on man. In this day in age you make the statement that you will have a major announcement the next day and your not trying to build a twitter blog frenzy ?

@CycloneUniforms
New Syracuse football uniforms. pic.twitter.com/xR6JibWz2n

BlWVNG2CQAAK48a.jpg

@seanfarrell92
According to a source close to SU Athletics, the Syracuse Orange and LSU Tigers have completed an agreement for a home-in-home series.

@seanfarrell92
I'm told the agreement with LSU will be formally announced at Syracuse’s press conference Wednesday afternoon in Destiny USA.

@seanfarrell92
The Orange will host the Tigers in September 2015 in the Carrier Dome. Syracuse will travel to Baton Rouge to take on LSU at a later date.
Nothing new, other than the final signatures... definitely not "Major". A nice add-on to other items.

I suspect it'll be the unis and a new SU shop at Destiny. I'd like to see more, but I'm trying to be realistic.

love those uni's! and the white helmet with jersey is GREAT!

I am wondering where the Orange is as well, there was a report that there would be an all orange uni. Maybe these are purposely leaked and the Orange is the Coup de Grace!

I am wondering where the Orange is as well, there was a report that there would be an all orange uni. Maybe these are purposely leaked and the Orange is the Coup de Grace!
There's not an all orange uni. Those are the 3 tops and there are also orange pants.

SU never built it up though. This thread and people on twitter turned it into something way over the top.

I think you are absolutely right. As far as I can see, SU has not announced a "major announcement" and is not hyping it any way. There is no mention on the SU athletics website. All the hype seems to be coming from local media, message boards, forums etc.
So if it turns out not to be MAJOR, don't see how you can blame SU.

TBCuse11 said:
those uniforms are horrible. wow.
lol troll... Their pretty decent and if we get orange pants I'm good. This is step in right direction when comes to branding and what young kids want to see

Will they stop off at the Dome for football game after shopping? How does a shopping train benefit SU football?
If that is what it is... It would be multi-purpose, and SU would be pairing with Destiny and probably RTS bus service to have a bus from the mall to the Dome on game Days, and the last train of the day/night back to NYC would not be until over an hour after the end of the game so that people can easily get on the train to go home.

That would be my guess as to how it would work.

lol troll... Their pretty decent and if we get orange pants I'm good. This is step in right direction when comes to branding and what young kids want to see
well, the young kids at Miami are cooler, hipper and better athletes...and they wear ALL ORANGE.

why cant the ORANGE, wear ORANGE???

Could it be they are opening some store or fan interaction experience at the mall. I doubt it's going to be one of the bigger things and niko said fun for fans and somebody was quoted as saying the new unis being an understatement so my guess is something in the mall su related.

Given that Destiny has had a difficult time leasing space, that's a real possibility. And since they're also trying to drive more traffic, especially on weekday afternoons, the location for a press conference is a natural.

My money's on this.

I think you are absolutely right. As far as I can see, SU has not announced a "major announcement" and is not hyping it any way. There is no mention on the SU athletics website. All the hype seems to be coming from local media, message boards, forums etc.
So if it turns out not to be MAJOR, don't see how you can blame SU.

I think that the press release from SU to the media said "major announcement"

Man-oh-man, those numbers are something else. Looks like someone tried to photoshop them in and failed miserably.

“@NunesMagician: From what I'm told, that image floating around of new SU uniforms is not 100% what they'll look like. But not far off either...”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom