"Major Announcement" tomorrow | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

"Major Announcement" tomorrow

People are going to leave MANHATTAN to shop in Syracuse? In droves? Okay.
world's smallest political quiz could be "Do you like monorails?"

i don't think there is anything with a bigger gap. lots of issues you can at least comprehend the other side even if you agree with them. but monorails are the thing where left and right are completely baffled by each other

Uniforms. Train.

That's gotta be the overwhelming favorite. Not huge news, but the train would bring in substantial revenue for the mall on game days and it would be used by many. I would say a few thousand per game at least.

Could it be unveiling rendering of Dome renovations? I am thinking something at the mall, like a new SU shop but that would be extremely underwhelming IMO.

The more I think about this you might be right. DG has told people about wanting an "Apple Store for SU"- a place where you can get tickets, gear, Steiner items, etc in one stop.

Full_Rebar said:
The more I think about this you might be right. DG has told people about wanting an "Apple Store for SU"- a place where you can get tickets, gear, Steiner items, etc in one stop.

Hardly major, and if it was major, I think news would have slipped out by now.

So I doubt it's "major."

Any chance that Nike has somehow incorporated a train theme/Elmira Express into at least one of the new uniforms to coincide with this announcement?

Sorry if suggested earlier...

SUOrange44
They didn't incorporate it.

The funny thing is ... I believe SU had space in the mall when it first opened in 1990.

A little birdie has told me that the uniform unvieling is 100% one of the announcements. The other I am guessing has to do with opening the "Apple store for SU" like Rebar said. There is a lot of space in that mall to fill. And it only makes sense to be honest. A huge place dedicated to SU and it's athletics would be quite cool and I am guessing pretty popular.

Niko said it would "a fun announcement for SU fans". That doesn't sound like new stadiums or monorails. I agree it would have somehting to do with Destiny, probably a "park and ride" situation.

Or maybe a new way to get to the Dome from Destiny:

OrangeXtreme said:
The funny thing is ... I believe SU had space in the mall when it first opened in 1990.

That place already exists. It's called the Carrier Dome. ;) for now ;)

A little birdie has told me that the uniform unvieling is 100% one of the announcements. The other I am guessing has to do with opening the "Apple store for SU" like Rebar said. There is a lot of space in that mall to fill. And it only makes sense to be honest. A huge place dedicated to SU and it's athletics would be quite cool and I am guessing pretty popular.

If the "major" announcement is that they are opening an SU store in the mall, then I will be very disappointed. And i wont be alone. Thats not even on the low end of major.

If the "major" announcement is that they are opening an SU store in the mall, then I will be very disappointed. And i wont be alone. Thats not even on the low end of major.
Yup... If thats what it is then weaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

so, something like the internet...except slower and more expensive?

New uniforms aaaaand a weekend of Jim Brown movies and highlite clips hosted by Old 44 himself.

lummgr said:
That place already exists. It's called the Carrier Dome. ;) for now ;)

Well that made no sense. Meant to quote the idea of a place where you could get gear, tickets, and Steiner sports items. Oops

let me be clear, there WILL NOT be a train from NYC to Syracuse, for the games.

1. nobody would care.

2. there already is one. and they are not laying down new track to by-pass the old...up to Albany and make a left out to Syracuse...route that is already in place.

3. my guess is the unis, another Giants Stadium game announced and wall to wall Syracuse coverage on MSG.

the destiny thing is setting them up as a partner for future endeavours like the new stadium/arena.

SU never built it up though. This thread and people on twitter turned it into something way over the top.

let me be clear, there WILL NOT be a train from NYC to Syracuse, for the games.

1. nobody would care.

2. there already is one. and they are not laying down new track to by-pass the old...up to Albany and make a left out to Syracuse...route that is already in place.

3. my guess is the unis, another Giants Stadium game announced and wall to wall Syracuse coverage on MSG.

the destiny thing is setting them up as a partner for future endeavours like the new stadium/arena.

Everyone has it backwards.

The train will run FROM Syracuse TO the Meadowlands once a year.

Since we'll be playing NYC games every year for the next 50 years.

@seanfarrell92
According to a source close to SU Athletics, the Syracuse Orange and LSU Tigers have completed an agreement for a home-in-home series.

@seanfarrell92
I'm told the agreement with LSU will be formally announced at Syracuse’s press conference Wednesday afternoon in Destiny USA.

@seanfarrell92
The Orange will host the Tigers in September 2015 in the Carrier Dome. Syracuse will travel to Baton Rouge to take on LSU at a later date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom