making a list of the weird things babers does with clock management | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

making a list of the weird things babers does with clock management

Hindsight’s always 20/20, but it’s kind of baffling how many poor decisions have been made over his tenure. It’s a problem that can be remedied in short order. A P5 program should not struggle in this area.

Especially a program that will have talent mismatches (and especially especially as the season wears on). You should have an X factor of being smarter on the sideline with game management.

We're just compounding the problem.

Remember UVa. Driving inside the 10 late for winning fg; all we need to do is run a play or two to position the ball. Instead drop back pass and sack for loss.
Definitely

The back to back wasted dead ball TOs against VaTech last year was brutal.

And it makes me wonder how many of Dino’s asinine clock management blunders are forgotten because they occurred in victories.

Edit - I forgot to mention the back to back dead ball TOs were followed by a missed 19 yard FG attempt with 3 seconds left in the first half.

Yes, he chose to kick a FG from the 1 on 2nd down knowing we would start the third quarter with the ball.

Last edited:
It’s getting very hard to defend him. And I like the guy. Once in a while sure….but every game it’s several things. Not going for two last night was an amateur move - there’s a damn chart to help you. It’s obvious there. 3 times 8 equals 24. This isn’t complex math. I don’t get it. I’ll do the job for free. I’ll text him from my couch. But not in the dome since my texts don’t work…

We get it kc. Shot after shot after shot. You are better than the condescending adds on.

Dino graduated magma sin laude from the Andy Reid School of Clock Management.
Andy Reid is the Roy Williams of the NFL. Needs a monstrous talent advantage to overcome his coaching foibles.

To the mistake pile please add allowing players on special teams to have numbers that repeat on offense and defense and vice versa. Confusion results. For us, not our opponents. When I saw Dino helping Peña with his jersey vs Fl State I just about lost my mind.

I don’t care about Dino admitting his mistakes, you don’t see a lot of that from any coach. I would like to see that he has learned from his mistakes and I haven’t seen that. It seems like his game management has gotten worse the last couple years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom