Malachi One and Done? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Malachi One and Done?

I think he comes back. It would be wise. He's not on anyone's radar right now and another year getting stronger could do wonders.

Much more exposure next year too, given that I think our team is much improved.

PG - Howard/Battle
SG- Richardson
SF- Moyer/Lydon
PF- Roberson
C- Coleman/Chukwu

I don't follow recruiting so I have no idea what position Battle is but I am told he isn't a PG. Again, this position, and center, will be a problem. I think the development of Howard (and I expect it) is crucial. Simply having another big man is Chukwu is going to be huge. We don't need scoring from this position if we have it from the other 4. See 2003. Just need solid defense and rebounding.

I think he comes back. It would be wise. He's not on anyone's radar right now and another year getting stronger could do wonders.

PG - Howard/Battle
SG- Richardson
SF- Moyer/Lydon
PF- Roberson
C- Coleman/Chukwu

I don't follow recruiting so I have no idea what position Battle is but I am told he isn't a PG. Again, this position, and center, will be a problem. I think the development of Howard (and I expect it) is crucial. Simply having another big man is Chukwu is going to be huge. We don't need scoring from this position if we have it from the other 4. See 2003. Just need solid defense and rebounding.

No, it WOULD be wise. He wouldn't get drafted at all this year. Next year he's projected as a borderline lottery pick. This year he doesn't even show up on 2nd round mocks. The shooting guard position is loaded in the draft this year. Next year it's a front court draft.

Needs to work on his handle and finishing strength, along with his consistency. Lots of potential though. One more year and he gone.

I agree. He needs to be much stronger and to a better job driving and finishing at the basket. His outside game is awesome though and that counts for a lot. I'm hoping 2 and done.

I just don't see it yet. Most of his points come off of jump shots and most of those occur only when he is stationary and squared to the basket. He is scoring a lot, but he is also most team's third priority when designing their defense of us. When he starts to show a more consistent ability to get to the basket and score and also a more consistent ability to hit long shots off of curls etc., then I think he will be a draft loss risk....I don't think he's be that interesting to most teams right now.

PG - Howard/Battle
SG- Richardson
SF- Moyer/Lydon
PF- Roberson
C- Coleman/Chukwu

There's something not right about excusing someone over 7 feet tall from having to put a ball in a hole 10 feet off the ground.

He should come back and help the newcomers send JAB off with a title*.

* yes, he said that he wouldn't be back after '17-'18, but... given another title and possibly not wanting a year-long farewell tour, I suspect that he'd call it a day.

hanging around in tavern doesn't help anyone i hope tyler wises up. both robersin anf lydon

hanging around in tavern doesn't help anyone i hope tyler wises up. both robersin anf lydon

images

The fact that people are and aren't showing up on draft projections now may matter very little given that the NCAA will permit prospects to declare for the draft and go to camps/workouts with teams.

Anybody with any ability should be testing the waters.

PG - Howard/Battle
SG- Richardson
SF- Moyer/Lydon
PF- Roberson
C- Coleman/Chukwu

think that is the lineup for next year?
I would go
pg- battle
sg - richardson
sf - lydon
pf - roberson
c - chukwu

bench - moyer, DC, howard...crossing fingers on a 5th year

I would go
pg- battle
sg - richardson
sf - lydon
pf - roberson
c - chukwu

no I don't think that's what it will be but I like starting howard and moyer

I would go
pg- battle
sg - richardson
sf - lydon
pf - roberson
c - chukwu

Throw in another big down low and that team has Final4 potential...

NBA scouts think more marginal players will opt into the draft because there are very few one and dones, which will open up spots in the first round for other players. It's not about being ready, it's about going in the first round.

Hope I'm wrong because we're not a potential FF type of team next year without him imo, but I think he's gone. He's been very impressive in ACC play. Very good shooter with potential to be great. Can't teach his combination of height/athleticism/shooting ability. His weaknesses such as strength can be improved with a little work. I think he'll have ability to put the ball on the floor and finish at an NBA level within a year or two.

He's not on the draft radar where he should be because he had a slow start to the year, attributed to being a freshman adjusting to the speed of the game. He's shown lately to be a great college player already and has a lot of potential to improve further. Should have a successful NBA career in my opinion.

In ACC play his 3 point shooting % is 50%. No ncaa player has ever finished a career shooting 50% from 3, not even Curry. If, a big if, this continues, he gone. Curry's college average was around 40%. What we are seeing from a frosh, no less, is pretty outrageous. I would guess that if he does not fall below 40%, most every team would be glad to take a flyer on Mal, just based on potential. He is still flying under the radar but that can change in a heartbeat.

In ACC play his 3 point shooting % is 50%. No ncaa player has ever finished a career shooting 50% from 3, not even Curry. If, a big if, this continues, he gone. Curry's college average was around 40%. What we are seeing from a frosh, no less, is pretty outrageous. I would guess that if he does not fall below 40%, most every team would be glad to take a flyer on Mal, just based on potential. He is still flying under the radar but that can change in a heartbeat.

This. I based my initial post upon Malachi's impressive shooting ability so far this year. His range has impressed me more than anything. He's already an excellent deep shooter.

He reminds me of a more athletic Quentin Richardson, who had a long NBA career.

http://www.draftexpress.com

latest updates as of yesterday have G going late second round. Lydon as a middle first rounder next year. Lydon is the 17th ranked freshman, Malachi 51st.

Http://www.nbadraft.net

Their updates have Malachi and Lydon are both listed as late first rounders next year, and G unlisted as a second rounder.

http://www.draftexpress.com

latest updates as of yesterday have G going late second round. Lydon as a middle first rounder next year. Lydon is the 17th ranked freshman, Malachi 51st.

Http://www.nbadraft.net

Their updates have Malachi and Lydon are both listed as late first rounders next year, and G unlisted as a second rounder.

What are people seeing in Lydon that they aren't seeing in Mal?

What are people seeing in Lydon that they aren't seeing in Mal?
Right now, Lydon is damn near 6'10", athletic, and can shoot the three. If Mal was 6'10", he'd be a lottery pick this year. I think some posts upthread are accurate: simply that there are a lot more kids built like Mal with his skillset than there are like Lydon. Malachi is either 6'5.5" or 6'3.25" depending who is doing the measuring, but JAB said he was 6'4". There are a ton of 6'3-4" guys who can shoot. If he's 6'6" than I think he's more NBA size and he does have an NBA stroke. If he can put the ball on the deck and drive/finish with either hand, he'd rocket up the list. He's definitely skilled though, just kind of one-dimensional and a bit undersized perhaps. Other than that, I don't know.

Right now, Lydon is damn near 6'10", athletic, and can shoot the three. If Mal was 6'10", he'd be a lottery pick this year. I think some posts upthread are accurate: simply that there are a lot more kids built like Mal with his skillset than there are like Lydon. Malachi is either 6'5.5" or 6'3.25" depending who is doing the measuring, but JAB said he was 6'4". There are a ton of 6'3-4" guys who can shoot. If he's 6'6" than I think he's more NBA size and he does have an NBA stroke. If he can put the ball on the deck and drive/finish with either hand, he'd rocket up the list. He's definitely skilled though, just kind of one-dimensional and a bit undersized perhaps. Other than that, I don't know.

I hear you but Lydon can shoot the three but more often than not won't shoot the three. I see way more upside out of Mal than I do Lydon. But I'm not a talent evaluator for the pros. I've seen Lydon get more tentative as the competition improves but Mal get more aggressive and effective against better teams. Mal also plays taller than he is listed in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom