Malachi... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Malachi...

Yeah, those are the ones that stand out. 84 might be slightly stronger at the top, but both will have 4 hall of famers. Jordan, Olajuwon, Barkley, Stockton vs. Kobe, Iverson, Nash, Allen.

But '96 gets the depth edge so many other all stars: Marbury, Walker, Abdur-Rahim, Jermaine O'Neal, Peja, Big Z, Camby. Plus Ben Wallace who went undrafted.
'85 had (9) All-Stars, and (4) HOFers...pretty good

Both Nash and Iverson were better players than Stockton, IMO.

disgust_707676_1567263_zpse83496ad.gif

Both Nash and Iverson were better players than Stockton, IMO.

Nash was my idol growing up, but no. If you wanted to argue Nash is the best offensive PG in NBA history, I think you could make the argument, but Stockton was so much better defensively that it outweighs the offensive side IMO. And Iverson pales in comparison to both IMO, but I'm admittedly lower on Iverson than most.

Nash was my idol growing up, but no. If you wanted to argue Nash is the best offensive PG in NBA history, I think you could make the argument, but Stockton was so much better defensively that it outweighs the offensive side IMO. And Iverson pales in comparison to both IMO, but I'm admittedly lower on Iverson than most.

Stockton's D was overrated. He was scrappy(borderline dirty) and hustled and got steals, but he wasn't some lockdown defender. Better than Nash on D, certainly.

Iverson was better than both, in my opinion.

Stockton's D was overrated. He was scrappy(borderline dirty) and hustled and got steals, but he wasn't some lockdown defender. Better than Nash on D, certainly.

Iverson was better than both, in my opinion.

Better than Nash on D is an understatement

That's what you're going by? Seriously?

upset-jaguars-fan_zpsjpn55w0g.gif

You're not seemingly looking for any kind of in depth discussion so this is all you're getting from me, meme guy.

Should I have added that Gary Payton(also better than Stockton) and Terry Porter both took giant, home alone buck naked bathroom door wide open dumps on Stockton while beating Utah in the conference finals?

Should I have brought up how he owes his Dream Team spot to Zeke being a jerk and Jordan and Pippen being petty?

You're not seemingly looking for any kind of in depth discussion so this is all you're getting from me, meme guy.

Should I have added that Gary Payton(also better than Stockton) and Terry Porter both took giant, home alone buck naked bathroom door wide open dumps on Stockton while beating Utah in the conference finals?

Should I have brought up how he owes his Dream Team spot to Zeke being a jerk and Jordan and Pippen being petty?
Lol. "meme guy"

It's a gif and stuff. Why not include when Stockton abused Porter the year prior in the playoffs, oh that's right it wouldn't help your argument. GP was on par with Stockton, both around the same ranking for PG's. Also what pull did Scottie Pippen have in 92...NONE

It's a gif and stuff. Why not include when Stockton abused Porter the year prior in the playoffs, oh that's right it wouldn't help your argument. GP was on par with Stockton, both around the same ranking for PG's. Also what pull did Scottie Pippen have in 92...NONE

1. I know, but meme guy sounded funnier to me.

2. Because he was better than Porter, that's what he's supposed to do! You want me to give him a cookie for eating up Nick Van Exel twice too? Who cares? We're talking all time greats here, and as tough as Terry Porter was he's not supposed to do that to an all time great in his prime.

3. GP was better than Stockton. So were Nash and AI.

4. Pippen had pull on account of being attached to MJ. Yes it was really MJ's pull. Not really the point.

Yup. He gets the scrappy, smart, gym rat white guy bump up credit. Reality is, he was never that great defensively unless you're someone who just looks at steals totals. Decent.

Those Utah teams were the kings of pretty good, who eventually benefitted from the rest of the west getting too old first or imploding(Seattle).

1. I know, but meme guy sounded funnier to me.

2. Because he was better than Porter, that's what he's supposed to do! You want me to give him a cookie for eating up Nick Van Exel twice too? Who cares? We're talking all time greats here, and as tough as Terry Porter was he's not supposed to do that to an all time great in his prime.

3. GP was better than Stockton. So were Nash and AI.

4. Pippen had pull on account of being attached to MJ. Yes it was really MJ's pull. Not really the point.

1. It was not

2. You're the one who brought up Porter on a series he had, and it's not like Porter was a crap player either, so yeah even all time greats have a bad series sunshine.

3. No he is comparable to Stockton, and no and no

4. Pippen didn't have any pull so stop fooling yourself

Bonus - Your dislike of Stockton has been brought up before in posts about all time point guards and such, so this is nothing new

Yup. He gets the scrappy, smart, gym rat white guy bump up credit. Reality is, he was never that great defensively unless you're someone who just looks at steals totals. Decent.

Those Utah teams were the kings of pretty good, who eventually benefitted from the rest of the west getting too old first or imploding(Seattle).

He was a better help defender than one on one, but your reality is distorted

1. It was not

2. You're the one who brought up Porter on a series he had, and it's not like Porter was a crap player either, so yeah even all time greats have a bad series sunshine.

3. No he is comparable to Stockton, and no and no

4. Pippen didn't have any pull so stop fooling yourself

Bonus - Your dislike of Stockton has been brought up before in posts about all time point guards and such, so this is nothing new

1. Was too.
2. He got murdered in the WCF twice, while in the heart of his prime. Porter was good. No excuse though. Stockton got destroyed in multiple huge spots in his prime, sport.
3. Better, better, and better.
4. Not the point, nice sidetrack though. Zeke(also better than Stockton...way better) got his revenge by putting 40 plus on Mr. Defense.

Bonus - I don't dislike him, I just know he wasn't as great as some say he was. He's still an all time great PG and deserving hall of famer.

He was a better help defender than one on one, but your reality is distorted

He was a savvy cog on a well coached team. Decent defender. He did his best, no question.

1. Was too.
2. He got murdered in the WCF twice, while in the heart of his prime. Porter was good. No excuse though. Stockton got destroyed in multiple huge spots in his prime, sport.
3. Better, better, and better.
4. Not the point, nice sidetrack though. Zeke(also better than Stockton...way better) got his revenge by putting 40 plus on Mr. Defense.

Bonus - I don't dislike him, I just know he wasn't as great as some say he was. He's still an all time great PG and deserving hall of famer.

How is a hall of famer, and an all time great...not great? Nash's extreme lack of defense puts him below Stockton, not above

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom