Malcom Cater is asking for a second chance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Malcom Cater is asking for a second chance

do not place the players in a conflictual situation,which can cause severe divisiveness. ok captains say yes and nassib says no---just great creat trouble.keep the players out of the decision making process---its not theirs to make!!!this is all marrone.anyone that has leadership experience knows what type of decisions are left to the troops, and what ones are not, and this one is not

Why would any player want to play for a coach who forces them to live with his decisions? That seems awfully totalitarian.

I know would Michael Corleone would do.

godfatherFredoGroot.jpg

And he lost his soul. Bring the kid back - give a young man who has paid the price, another chance.

why not the kid paid the price seems like he has changed If sales and others can come back whey cant this kid

Another solution: Send him to JC for a year...I'd say Nassau but that might not be the best choice to be so close to his old buddies. Anyways...if he stays clean bring him back for his last two years.

To be fair, Ray Lewis didn't murder anyone until after college.

To me, Ray Lewis' passion for bowling far outweights any capital crimes he may have committed.

I'd take him back. Kid can lay some lumber. SU is going to be playing "southern" football in another year. Might as well start acting like a "southern" team.

Second Chances

Broyld

Hunt

Carter

Gulley

Sales

Sloan

West

?

Cater
One of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong...

Oh wait, Cater was convicted of three felonies. Good luck in D1AA

why not the kid paid the price seems like he has changed If sales and others can come back whey cant this kid
Sales was cleared of all charges. Cater was convicted of three felonies.

I realize he was convicted. He also served his time. Ali was convicted of a felony and turned out pretty good. Regardless of what school he ends up why not wish him well

Ali was a boxer and didn't need to rely on and trust other teammates, and have those teammates trust him. I'm glad the kid served his time and learned from his mistake. But any kid with a felony conviction on his record isn't getting into Syracuse University. Just because he plays football doesn't change that.

I wish him all the best if he goes to a D1-AA and hope he can make the NFL. Syracuse is not the place where that will happen.

I agree i didnt articulate my thought my point is i hope that he does get a second chance and that he makes the most of it. It is obvious the kid grew up in a very difficult situation. His time in prison may turn out to be a blessing for him. I hope he realizes this.

Not singling you out, KC. Just surprised people on this board are actually thinking we should take him back. That ship sailed.

If I broke into a house up in Syracuse and got convicted of 3 felonies, I would be expelled from SU and could never get back into that school. And because Cater "served his time" he "deserves a second chance"? Why? Because he plays football? Horrible argument. There is no good reason anyone can give on why he should be invited back.

Im a little tired and making less sense than normal which is hard even for me:confused: my point is not that Syracuse should take him back but that he deserves a second chance. I could see him ending up at Stony Brook which would be a horrible choice for him as he would be back with his old crew but i could see him there. He could also end up at a school like Maine . Either way i wish him the best.

Quote after sentencing

"The defense lawyer said it was unlikely Cater would ever seek to apply to return to SU. But he said a number of colleges - primarily in the south - are looking at Cater as a football prospect once he's out of prison."
S.com

I realize he was convicted. He also served his time. Ali was convicted of a felony and turned out pretty good. Regardless of what school he ends up why not wish him well
i do wish him well but not at su

But any kid with a felony conviction on his record isn't getting into Syracuse University. Just because he plays football doesn't change that.

I'm not familiar with SU admission policy, but I suspect you're right about this. All of this discussion is probably moot.

Wow what?
thats what coaches,(many executives) etc etc etc---do and are. some things are negotiable,most are not.there are decisions and then there are policy and executive decisions.

thats what coaches,(many executives) etc etc etc---do and are. some things are negotiable,most are not.there are decisions and then there are policy and executive decisions.

To quote Remember The Titans- This is football, not the Marine Corps. These kids are devoted to football full time at the same time they're negotiating the college experience everyone else deals with. Why can't they have a say?

Plus, Marrone changed his approach to the team in the off season, loosening up and getting closer to his players. Making a decision without the imput of his team goes against what he's been trying to build.

It's HCDM call, my call NO!
There are a whole lot of other admissions items that would trump even HCDM. These include: the admissions process, the Dean of Admissions, TGD and TWO. If Colt Brennan couldn't get through that gauntlet, why would Malcolm?

Hopefully, he'll get another chance. HCDM may actually help him garner one, but it will not be in the Carrier Dome.

The qb's and rb's probably won't want him back anytime soon.

The qb's and rb's probably won't want him back anytime soon.

I see what you did there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom