Malcom Cater is asking for a second chance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Malcom Cater is asking for a second chance

I think giving
Give him a chance!
him a chance is an opportunity for greatness on the part of Doug and the school. A magnanimous gesture that really has no down side If he makes it its positive. If he doesn't, no one can can say he was given a chance. Give him the chance Syracuse U and Doug. You too Dr. Gross.Step up and be heard.;)

I think giving
him a chance is an opportunity for greatness on the part of Doug and the school. A magnanimous gesture that really has no down side If he makes it its positive. If he doesn't, no one can can say he was given a chance. Give him the chance Syracuse U and Doug. You too Dr. Gross.Step up and be heard.;)
All this talk about Syracuse football being a family is apparently bs according to the majority of the posters here. Families punish but then forgive. I never have heard that a family expels its member who asks for another chance. Obviously it can not be endless and contrition must be demonstrated. As for felons not be (re)admitted to SU, that is and must be determined on a case by case basis by the admissions department. I believe marrone and the teams input on this shouls and would be taken into consideration.

what is the upside downside?

upside he comes, he has matured, he helps the team, and the team is happy with him

downside he comes and flops, in which case it likely happens soon enough he doesn't even cause roster issues, or he causes issue within the team, that should be known before he gets here.

maybe he cant help the team at all

All this talk about Syracuse football being a family is apparently bs according to the majority of the posters here. Families punish but then forgive. I never have heard that a family expels its member who asks for another chance. Obviously it can not be endless and contrition must be demonstrated. As for felons not be (re)admitted to SU, that is and must be determined on a case by case basis by the admissions department. I believe marrone and the teams input on this shouls and would be taken into consideration.
I like "the family " metaphor a great deal. Families do forgive those that have transgressed in some manner. The only real exceptions are those that have been pedophiles in which case even families are faced with things too terrible to be completely forgotten and forgiven.Cater is not among those. Give the man a chance and do it soon please.This should come from the effn top. Drs Cantor and Gross should already be on this like a seven figure contribution.

It's really funny that a lot of people here wanted Williams, Carter, and Sales gone for good without knowing all the facts but for some reason this kid deserves a second chance.

I will never understand it. This isn't a second chance. He's been in trouble with the law before, Syracuse was his second chance. Then he decided to steal the starting QB's television. Now we should give him a third chance. How many chances is he going to get?

If Florida didn't give Janoris Jenkins another chance (1st round draft pick, IIRC), can't see us giving Cater one.

AND HE DOESN'T DESERVE ONE MORE CHANCE.

Wow. Great post.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Agreed very good post t
Wow. Great post.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Agreed very good post. Let me add that if half the stories are true about Dougs time on the Hill he may have broken the penal code a few times himself. Being from the bronx i think that Doug knows a thing or two about second chances. This is going to be interesting

Agreed very good post t
Agreed very good post. Let me add that if half the stories are true about Dougs time on the Hill he may have broken the penal code a few times himself. Being from the bronx i think that Doug knows a thing or two about second chances. This is going to be interesting

I am for locking career criminals up and throwing away the key as much as anyone but this kid has been through circumstances most of us could never imagine. If it is true he stole the items to get some money for the pregnant girlfriend you have to cut him some slack, 19 years old and about to be a father is pretty scary stuff. Give him a chance to turn his life around under Doug's strict guidance. If he screws up again its on him and he has no one to blame but himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom