Malcom Cater is asking for a second chance | Syracusefan.com

Malcom Cater is asking for a second chance

What should Doug do? What will Doug do? What would the Amish do?

Click

I'd give him a 2nd chance. Doug did the right thing releasing him from the team for stealing frm teammates but he did his time and now because he was a "kid" shouldn't be punished for life. It probably wont be SU but I bet some school gives him another chance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Will not be at Syracuse. But I could see a program like Delaware or UMass taking him at the 1-AA level.

Frosh in 2010. Off the grid in 2011.

He'd have 3 years of eligibility left wherever he ends up.

The Amih would invite him back, have his family over to dinner and forgive. They had 10 children murdered and did this for the family of the killer as they forgave him. Amazing people who stand by their beliefs.

BTW, I just got back in town from Amish country, very charming people.

I'd give him a 2nd chance. Doug did the right thing releasing him from the team for stealing frm teammates but he did his time and now because he was a "kid" shouldn't be punished for life. It probably wont be SU but I bet some school gives him another chance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. It would be one thing if he did hard time [probably not a great idea to then reintroduce that element back into the team environment, at least on paper], but this kid went through a rigorous program designed to adjust his priorities, and it sounds like he embraced it.

Read that second article, and you'll see how genuine Cater comes across in terms of looking for a chance at redemption. And I'm guessing that letter he sent to Coach Marrone won't hurt his cause.

Click
I know would Michael Corleone would do.

godfatherFredoGroot.jpg

I think I'd at least explore taking him back. He's certainly saying the right things and, on the surface, appears to be owning up to his transgressions, and working on learning and growing from them. Were I a coach or administrator, and charged with having input on such a decision, I'd sure want to find out whether this indeed is/was a sincere effort to turn one's life around, and if I determined that it indeed is/was, I'd want to help him to achieve that goal.

It isn't even about the football, it's about helping transform young people into good and productive adults. Cater could well develop into an inspirational role model, or he could revert to previous form. I'd at least want to do my due diligence.

I would
wish him the best of luck and move on.
need to speak to him and his representatives about what this kid is all about. I believe in giving the sincere chances to make their lives better. If I thought he is in fact deserving,I would let him back in. You know the old saying "first stone thrower"Watch like a hawk and make him toe the line with his actions.It has nothing to do with football reall. It shouldn't be either.:confused:

Since he stole from his teammates, maybe Marrone should let the team vote on it. However,Marrone should still have the final say. No single player is worth causing bad blood within the team ranks. If he is allowed back, it should be with the understanding of a zero tolerance policy being in effect.

The Amih would invite him back, have his family over to dinner and forgive. They had 10 children murdered and did this for the family of the killer as they forgave him. Amazing people who stand by their beliefs.

BTW, I just got back in town from Amish country, very charming people.

Only forgiveness for that family because they were "English". One of their own would be shunned.

I'm conflicted on this. On one hand, everyone deserves a second chance...everyone. On the other hand, there is nothing suggesting that his second chance has to be at SU. I would be okay with HCDM doing what he can to see that Cater can get a chance at another school. Short of that, I would be very cautious about bring him back onto the team at SU. IT would have to be a virtual unanimous decision of players, coaches and administrators. And, of course, he would be on a strict probationary status.

Click
The first hurdle is the school. Unless he is a youthful offender, he is a felon.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom