Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

I’m done. Just can’t do it anymore
i mean...I get it...he's a great player and did everything right...really easy to root for etc...

BUT

maybe wait and see how the roster shakes out...?

I have a feeling Brown wouldve been a bench option at best this year and wanted to start

they're probably bringing in some good forwards and a center and therefore brown might not fit as a starter ...

at the end of the day, what is brown's position? not a center...not a small forward...

freeman, the 5 star mcd's all american is a power forward, right?

plus they will probably bring in at least 1 other forward that can play PF...so...idk

Brown "deserves" to start...but I don't think he wouldve next season....so ...

We played him most of the year at 5 and then some bitched he wasnt amazing. He is 6'8" 220. He aint a center and dont want to play center and we cant promise him he wont. If I am Red untry like hell to keep him causenhe was our bestplayer period. Wow this sucks.

So glad a few weeks ago he and his mom.both said he would be back

Wonder where his handlers pushed him too
this could have come from within, right?

brown is a great guy and player

but not sure he truly fits with red's vision

he's not really a center and there's a 5 star all american PF coming in...

we need a SCORER in the post and brown is not that

could be a tough decision made from the coaches

If it's because he doesn't want to play the 5 then wouldn't our coaches convince him he would play the 4 by being active in the portal for a good transfer 5? (Which we haven't been) he saw the writing on the wall or was told he's getting a bag from somewhere else.

I’m surprised Maliq came out earlier and said he was staying.

I’ve been saying this for weeks - Donnie and Maliq are both starters on next years team. If that was the case, we’d still get killed in the paint and on the boards. They’re both best suited as 4s. Neither can play the 3. Red knows he needs size in the portal

Whoever wants a prototype big bodied 5, our best chance to get one was having Maliq (or Donnie) not be here next year.

Maliq isn’t coming off the bench, Donnie isn’t coming off the bench, and a legit center from the portal also isn’t coming off the bench.

Not sure what people expected

That's a kick in the nuts for sure. That said, with Freeman coming aboard, where would he start? At center again? If that, we're in for a long season likely. Soooo, seems to me things can still be okay IF we can get a stud big man to play center, Freeman starts at the 4, I guess Bell at the 3, JJ and a portal PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom