Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

Very disappointing to lose one of my favorite players and posters in the same thread.

Best of luck to both of you in your future endeavors.

You will both always be part of the Orange family.

I did, however, take the liberty of DMing you a complete list of people to take with you.
Hey now. I expect a new thread to be created.

CuseFaninVT. Love him or hate him, he had a pretty good career​

Less than ideal time for Red and co to also be navigating significant roster attrition without an Associate Head Coach. The portal wheels are spinning fast and aren't slowing down anytime soon.

Brown leaving has nothing to do with Boeheim. I don't think you are saying that but its a little unclear. if we think Brown is a good player and worth keeping and we aren't keeping him then this is solely on Autry. He had a year to recruit the portal and a year to develop Brown, build a relationship and develop a plan for when another highly recruited PF would come in. If Brown is leaving because we would force him to play center or told him he would have to come off the bench then the loss is on Autry. Even if we have overvalued Maliq, it's a significant loss from the team and greatly weakens the lineup.

If it's simply about the $ then the lack of $ would also be a problem Boeheim had to deal with (players getting paid well even before NIL madness).
This is definitely a development that Red has to own. How he reacts and what steps are taken to build a team for next year is TBD.

I guess the one thing this development shows is that Red thinks the MCDAA is better than Maliq, time will tell how that works out but out of fairness to Red I give him time to see what the roster looks like next year.

Sad Central Park GIF by Apple TV+

Agree. Just surprising that his departure may confirm that we’re not planning to go crazy hard after a real center this offseason? Because we should have been planning for that since last October.

Or did he just not want to chance it?

I’m speculating he does not want to chance it,. He can always withdraw from the portal depending on what we do while entertaining other offers. Why not it’s a New World

Edit then again the kid coming in is a four so brown either moves to the five or comes in off the bench, maybe doesn’t wanna deal

not sure you can care anymore. honestly don't invest in the players anymore as there is no investment in the program. For the few that invest in the university and city, they'll be rewarded greatly.

This whole situation is a clown show. This is a guy who played minutes and leaving.
We all have to get used to the fact ...this is the new norm! Can you blkame the kid? He has been playing out of position for both of hi seasons here...and every sign points to the fact that he would be playing some Center next year as well. Kids have to do what is in their best interest and playing center at 6-8 is not in this kid's best interest if he want a shot at the next level.

This one hurts as much as any transfer portal announcement we have faced. There is no replacing what Maliq Brown brought to this team, a truly unique talent. Hopefully and we probably will replace the production statistically, but there is no one out there that brought what Maliq did to the game.

How wouldn’t it be?

Did he not bring in McLeod and have no center depth whatsoever?
Are you forgetting Hima and that other guy who redshirted this year whose name I couldn’t possibly remember?

He is a monster in efficiency. He can run 4 on 3 with the ball after high pick and roll. He is also great in the dunker spot. His three point shot is getting better. He was one of the best passers on our team, best screener and will be great on defense again next year when he's not guarding out of position for 35mpg.

Make no mistake, this is a brutal loss. Nate Oats just gave a whole presser on efficient play and our efficient player is walking out the door.
I'll be the first to make a prediction based on Nate oats and how efficient Malik Brown is I bet you he ends up at Alabama with a bag

these kids clearly don't give a about this program

all about the name on the back of jersey these days
We are holding on to the past because the past was truly was exemplified college sports. Playing for the school meant so much to the player and community. Reality is, this is professional basketball. The rarest of rare truly play for the jersey on the front in the NBA (Kobe is the last of that style). It’s just not the same and it’s hard to understand that the players don’t have love for the university like we do and the players used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom