Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

CJ Fair's sophomore year he got to play with KJo, Dion, Triche, Fab, Scoop, Southerland, Rak, MCW and Baye.

CJ played 26 mpg. Started 9 games.

How do you think Maliq would look playing with those guys as a sophomore?

BTW, he beats CJ in PER, eFG%, WS/40 and BPM as a soph.

Maliq also made All ACC Defense this year.

You're right he isn't CJ Fair. At this point, he's better.

its difficult to really compare brown and fair, they had very different roles. brown is basically a hack of the advanced analytic measures, he got rebounds, was an excellent ball hawk and only took super high value shots. he had low usage and very few turnovers. he basically only made good plays, but he wasn't really asked to do more. brown took 88% of his FGA at the rim this year, his sophomore year fair took 36% at the rim and 55% where 2 point jumpers. much more of the offensive was running through fair where brown was a R(ebound) and D(unker spot) guy.

still think it is a big loss, but im not sure if brown's advanced numbers would be as stellar if he was asked to carry a bigger scoring role.

Consider me in the camp who believes we do have NIL for hoops, and that they are being selective and not trying to overspend on guys.

They will spend based on talent and need.

Elliot Cadeau for example. Talent but shooting is bad. They might approach him but won't overpay for him, if that makes sense. There is a limit for every prospect.
Money isn't the issue. Its not unlimited but we are solid. Not stupid.

Seems like a poor man’s Arinze. But we need beef and he brings beef. We all should be pro-beef.

I like a wagyu rib-eye... that has to count for something.

A bigger Otis Hill.

Better passer than Otis from what I'm seeing. Moves well, knows how to use his size to his advantage. Throw some good forwards around him, and you'll have something.

I have watched him play a number of games since I live on the West Coast. But I haven't been critical of him as of yet. :)
Give it time and whomever replaces Maliq will be criticized by multiple posters even before he plays a game.

Today is not the day for any meltdown. Just gotta see what we have when things start again in the fall. Plenty of time for the situation to get much better. If it doesn't, Red goes into year 3 on a hot seat.

Okay guys, and this is all I can give, there is a guy that I hear we are heavy with at this position. If we were to get him, we will be happy. Well, those of us that can ever really be happy. I can't give the name so don't dm me and ask it. I would if I could.
How about email or text? ;) (Thanks for keeping us crazies up to date.)

I agree! It's not like John Wallace is leaving. Bring in some studs Red.
agreed.

In a MUST WIN GAME

the last game of the season - PJ HALL and SCHEFFLEIN ABUSED Brown...

totally torched him!!

heres the highlights for anyone that forgot

Pj Hall and Schefflein combined for 41 points and 23 rebounds!

6'8 scheffelien DOMINATED brown...hes not in any mock drafts. Hall is a likely 2nd rounder.

people on here are acting like brown was an all-american...theres no guarantee brown does great even if he shifts down to PF, either.

he's a decent servicable player. but nothing more.

and I dont really think he cant be replaced. pretty sure the portal has a bunch of players that can give up 40 and 20, as well!

i like him...but lets not lose perspective here. the position could be easily upgraded. both C and PF.

Today is not the day for any meltdown. Just gotta see what we have when things start again in the fall. Plenty of time for the situation to get much better. If it doesn't, Red goes into year 3 on a hot seat.
I think the fanbase has been so beaten down that these “meltdowns” are far more tame than they used to be.

I agree with you though.

Here's my random zero-info speculative post: if Red got a starting center Maliq thought he would start at the 4, and Donnie recently called and said he needed to start or he would leave, and Maliq won't buy in to being 6th man and playing 30+ mpg between the 4 and 5. Since people said it's not a NIL poach, this is what makes the most sense to me personally.
It could be that Brown is in the portal to be sure he has options if we don’t land a center. I assume he would be welcomed back. He might also find his value here is a lot more than with a better constructed roster.

McLeod is molasses slow too tho...
We sure he’s sticking around?

I already would’ve let him know that his strictly depth, which I can live with. Wouldn’t promise him a minute and I’d just show him tape on why.

We sure he’s sticking around?

I already would’ve let him know that his strictly depth, which I can live with. Wouldn’t promise him a minute and I’d just show him tape on why.

Who knows?? it's the portal...

It's demoralizing, exciting, scary, and exhilarating... depending the date and time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom