Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

This kid is the complete opposite of Bell. I’d take him in a heart beat. Has a really good mid range jump shot which he can create off the dribble. Strong, good defender, passer and rebounder. His stroke looks good. He has a excellent baseline fall away that looks pretty automatic. He can put the ball on the floor. He looks like he could play either forward position. I don’t think we can find anyone better to play a six man role at forward. He’s a great piece to help a team win.

This kid is the complete opposite of Bell. I’d take him in a heart beat. Has a really good mid range jump shot which he can create off the dribble. Strong, good defender, passer and rebounder. His stroke looks good. He has a excellent baseline fall away that looks pretty automatic. He can put the ball on the floor. He looks like he could play either forward position. I don’t think we can find anyone better to play a six man roll at forward. He’s a great piece to help a team win.
You might as well be a Syracuse coach because that is what they see.

Who do you expect us to bring in a reserve role? I think this guy fits exactly what the coaches are looking for. A tough kid that unlike some players will know his role and embrace it.

Now we just need our PG ( if we land Davis). Fingers crossed we get what we need.

This kid is the complete opposite of Bell. I’d take him in a heart beat. Has a really good mid range jump shot which he can create off the dribble. Strong, good defender, passer and rebounder. His stroke looks good. He has a excellent baseline fall away that looks pretty automatic. He can put the ball on the floor. He looks like he could play either forward position. I don’t think we can find anyone better to play a six man role at forward. He’s a great piece to help a team win.

This would fill out the frontcourt very nicely. Completely agree.

It was a misunderstanding. I wasn't thinking he was coming as a backup. He'd be a solid pickup for a role player.
Yes. I think he is perfect for this role. He plays the 3 or the 4 for us for minutes at a time. He is tough. Can hit a mid range shot and wants to win. I don't see him complaining about time. I think he comes here next week.

Lampkin and McCloud can be a perfectly fine center combo. Lampkin's 10.6 ppg and 7 rpg in P5 environment is more than enough and more than what we could expect imho. I think he had double figure rebounds a dozen games last year.

Freeman's gonna start at PF. Would certainly have wanted to keep Brown but if he doesn't want to play center and not play behind Freeman then oh well. Add a complete 3 man and a true PG and this team is better than last year.

Lampkin and McCloud can be a perfectly fine center combo. Lampkin's 10.6 ppg and 7 rpg in P5 environment is more than enough and more than what we could expect imho. Freeman's gonna start at PF. Would certainly have wanted to keep Brown but if he doesn't want to play center and not play behind Freeman then oh well. Add a complete 3 man and a true PG and this team is better than last year.
The right Pt guard and this team can be scary on the offensive side of the floor. Scary on the defensive side as well. Just not the same scary. If you know what I mean.

Yes. I think he is perfect for this role. He plays the 3 or the 4 for us for minutes at a time. He is tough. Can hit a mid range shot and wants to win. I don't see him complaining about time. I think he comes here next week.
I'd be happy to have him. The defense concerns me, but so does everyone elses on this roster. At least he rebounds.

You expect Jyare Davis to visit next week or commit next week (or I guess could be both)?

The right Pt guard and this team can be scary on the offensive side of the floor. Scary on the defensive side as well. Just not the same scary. If you know what I mean.

Which is why I sure hope Chance is healthy- we need some good defenders to balance things out- mediocre is fine on D if we are strong on offense.

He reminds me a little of a right handed CJ Fair. Fair didn’t take many threes. This kid can knock down an occasional three too. I hope Red can bring him in. A good point guard and we are good to go with pretty good depth at all positions.

The right PT guard and it's a different team. I'm bullish on Lampkin because he can score and rebound. We got so pushed around inside and killed on the boards, that's over with Lampkin. He looks like the NC State kid. You look at Lampkin's game log and he went for double figure boards in a 11 games and lots of 7s and 8s. This is what we really need and then having somewhat of an offensive game is a big bonus. He hit for double figures in points 22 games. 6x was +17 points. That's pretty good for what we need. And he's not doing this in the robert morris conference.

The right PT guard and it's a different team. I'm bullish on Lampkin because he can score and rebound. We got so pushed around inside and killed on the boards, that's over with Lampkin. He looks like the NC State kid. You look at Lampkin's game log and he went for double figure boards in a 11 games and lots of 7s and 8s. This is what we really need and then having somewhat of an offensive game is a big bonus. He hit for double figures in points 22 games. 6x was +17 points. That's pretty good for what we need.
He is also an excellent passer and when teams are forced to worry about it down low, that can open some outside shots for our outside shooters. Just a win win.

My guess is he was hurt most of the year. It just got too bad to continue.
He was playing hurt. A healthy McLeod will be very serviceable, adequate and a plus for us.

Last edited:
...to say nothing of the number of high quality prospects who wanted to come here that he merely turned his nose up about, who went on to be great elsewhere...
Id like to know his logic behind all this..

They seem to run a lot of high screen action where Davis gives up the ball to get it back in space 18' from the basket on the wing. Seems to be where he like to operate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom