Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

I have never really wished a player leaving bad luck usually only wishing them the best but I am struggling here because Duke. So I can't really wish him the best. I will wish him good health instead...

Hopefully we can all just move on but I imagine this we picked Bell over Brown topic will be going on all season long.

He takes all day to get his shot off. If he is forced to shoot quicker, that % will go way down.
He was taking a little extra care as he didn't get many opportunities. He will put them up faster as he gets more volume. .368 is very good.

I have never really wished a player leaving bad luck usually only wishing them the best but I am struggling here because Duke. So I can't really wish him the best. I will wish him good health instead...

Hopefully we can all just move on but I imagine this we picked Bell over Brown topic will be going on all season long.
If you think Girard got booed….

I don’t know why so many people are saying Red picked Bell over Brown. He wanted both. For it to have been Bell over Brown means people think Brown would have started at the 4 and Freeman would start at the 3. IMO that wasn’t happening. Freeman can play some 3 but he wasn’t going to be the starter getting 30 mins there.

Well said up until the Cooper Flagg is a generational talent. That’s just an absurd comment at this point. Maybe 20 years ago he would’ve been but this 2024 and the competition is real. Dozen other teams think they have a generational talent this year of next year coming. Also if he really is then he’ll be gone in one year.
He is and he will.

I've tried to stay out of this discussion, due to my disappointment about Brown's departure, and the fact that he's my favorite player on the team these past two years.

But I think some of it has to do with some posters not recognizing what he brought to the table, and how unique his skill set was. He's a unicorn. An amazingly versatile player, who passes much better than a big man should be able to, defends in a unique way for a player his size, and has a preternatural hoops IQ that always allowed him to think one step ahead and be in the right place at the right time.

The trap that a lot of posters seem to fall into is looking at him and saying -- eh, he only scored ~9.5 ppg -- that's replaceable. Or concentrating on him not being ideal for a center in certain situational matchups. Or look at incoming Freeman, and rationalize that we're better off with him at the 4 than Maliq anyway.

But when I look at those advanced stats on BOTH sides of the ball...

When you watch the kid play and see how impactful he is, doing things that most big men can't...

I just don't think that many fans recognize what a unique talent Maliq was. I mean, this season he accomplished something that's only been done in the NBA something like 10 times in the last 25 years. Maliq's skills set is so different, so diversified, so unusual, that people under-value the package.

Sickens me that he's potentially going to be bringing those skill sets to Duke. As I said when the announcement first came out that he'd entered the portal, he could start for any team in the country -- and he's the type of player who might not be a team's focal point, but who could elevate a contending team and put them over the top. And that appears to be how things are playing out.

Sickening.
I think we’re not talking enough about this just being bad timing and a one off scenario. There’s no way Autry and Co expected Brown to make such a huge jump in a year.

Donnie Freebird would’ve never entertained Cuse if he knew he’d be competing with an All ACC Defender in Brown. Simply would’ve taken another road where he could’ve been a star somewhere else at the 3-5.

Make no mistake Freeman is our highest rated recruit ever in the modern. It means nothing now but Hopefully he lives up to it. It’s just stuff luck that Brown made one of the biggest one year jumps we’ve ever seen and they both play the 4

He was taking a little extra care as he didn't get many opportunities. He will put them up faster as he gets more volume. .368 is very good.
Yeah, sure. he shot that playing the 5 where rival centers didn't go out to the top to guard him. He won't get that open shot at the 4.

Scheyer has seen up close how Maliq has grown over 2 seasons and impressively this past year, holding his own against Filipowski.
maliq brown was on the all acc defensive team . you don't let those guys get away in conference. you not only lose it. you have to play against it. bad red.

I think we’re not talking enough about this just being bad timing and a one off scenario. There’s no way Autry and Co expected Brown to make such a huge jump in a year.

Donnie Freebird would’ve never entertained Cuse if he knew he’d be competing with an All ACC Defender in Brown. Simply would’ve taken another road where he could’ve been a star somewhere else at the 3-5.

Make no mistake Freeman is our highest rated recruit ever in the modern. It means nothing now but Hopefully he lives up to it. It’s just stuff luck that Brown made one of the biggest one year jumps we’ve ever seen and they both play the 4
Hoping Donnie Freebird sticks as a nickname haha. Great typo

Okay. Your choice. You can have Malik Brown back or you can have one of these three players leave or not come. Freeman, Lamkin or Bell. If you keep Brown and you keep him by making him a starter, do you take that with one of the other three leaving?
Not sure why there are not enough minutes to go around
16 at center and 8 at each forward for Maliq.

I’m in
lynyrd skynyrd alabama GIF

So Duke has two centers and three forwards coming in. Four are top 20 five stars and the fifth is a top 50 guy. So how many minutes does Maliq get there, even if he never plays center.
They also lost their starting PF, C and their 2 backup 4/5 star PF and C lol that’s how

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom