man this sux to watch year after year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

man this sux to watch year after year

I guess that was my very generic and not well thought out point about Duke. They look pretty generic also.
Duke is not a good team this year.
Their best win on the season is at Notre Dame. They are a bubble team this year.
They were underdogs at VPI tonight.

The reason there is anger in this fanbase is we have been mediocre far too long and JB doesn’t change.

That isn’t going to get patience.
We are an average team ourselves. Not garbage but just an average team.
The ACC is way down this year. Which will make it harder to make the tournament if we don’t beat the right teams.

Syracuse hoops isn’t what it used to be and if the fanbase accepts that then the palpitations will be down.

I absolutely HATE to agree with you but I have just about had it. I watched JB play in high school and it is getting to the end of the road for me. I love SU but not sure how much more of this I can take. It is difficult to live here in NC and listen to the worship of UNC, Duke and NC St as they rave about beating my sorry ass under performing team.
From Lyons?

I'll be honest I didn't even watch tonight, my brother texted me in the second half about the game and that was the first time I heard they were playing tonight. I could blame it on Covid but based on the pre season and subsequent beginning games I kind wrote the team off knowing it'll be the same old same old. 6 years in a row of 13+ losses is unacceptable.

I'd be curious if someone on here who is good at research could find if any coaches own such a streak and if not how many coaches in the past have had this happen and what ended up being the result? Both fball and bball are in pretty bad shape at the moment but as well all know that could change pretty fast.

From Lyons?
No but know few folks from Lyons. I actually seen JB play in Section V Championship game in Rochester against East Rochester - 1961 I think! Watched game with friend from Lyons. College in Rochester

I'll be honest I didn't even watch tonight, my brother texted me in the second half about the game and that was the first time I heard they were playing tonight. I could blame it on Covid but based on the pre season and subsequent beginning games I kind wrote the team off knowing it'll be the same old same old. 6 years in a row of 13+ losses is unacceptable.

I'd be curious if someone on here who is good at research could find if any coaches own such a streak and if not how many coaches in the past have had this happen and what ended up being the result? Both fball and bball are in pretty bad shape at the moment but as well all know that could change pretty fast.
Pathetic. Being a fan isn't about your needs or your ego. You didn't even know they were playing the heels, come on man. If they won at UNC, would you have posted or do you just come to bash the team after a hard fought loss.

No but know few folks from Lyons. I actually seen JB play in Section V Championship game in Rochester against East Rochester - 1961 I think! Watched game with friend from Lyons. College in Rochester
Gotcha! From that area so when you said watched him in HS, I was like oh , we probably know each other haha

If this is a take on JB being over-it and the systems being ineffective fine, but most of the posts/takes in this thread are whiny, entitled, and overwhelmingly self-important. People need to grow up.

If this is a take on JB being over-it and the systems being ineffective fine, but most of the posts/takes in this thread are whiny, entitled, and overwhelmingly self-important. People need to grow up.
How so? I don’t get that entitled feeling at all. It’s sports, people complain all the time when their team is bad, even moreso when you’re a big name team that should be having success.

Personally, I don’t think it’s JB’s systems being bad as much as simply not enough talent on this team. Who knows, maybe that does boil down to JBs system and prospects not wanting to play in it (and it’s not helping we have buddy as the main scoring threat), but I’m personally of the opinion it’s moreso just not recruiting well enough. JB is not giving enough effort as a HC recruiting, and his assistants arent doing them any favors either. Between JB and his assistants, there’s gotta be some changes to ramp up the quality of recruits

The center play really has fallen off a cliff. We went from AO, Jackson, Melo, and Christmas - who all had at least one season of being among the best centers in the league. Plus we had depth with guys like Keita and Coleman, and some of the guys above were also “the depth” as younger players.

When you look at what we have had post Christmas - it’s just a staggering fall off, year after year. Coleman and Sidibe’s injuries hurt, but where’s everybody else? Chukwu should’ve been a guy splitting time(kinda like Keita), not our only guy. And it’s only gotten worse having to play Marek there. Physically he’s basically MCW, but about 3 inches taller. It’s absurd at this point.

I think when Frank is ready from whatever is keeping him out, we need to move on from the Marek at center experiment. Maybe against certain opponents you move him there for a bit, but in general? Play the bigs, and just live with it and hope they come around. Marek isn’t getting it done against anybody with any size.

Haven't been ranked in the AP 25 since December 2018.
Haven't been ranked in the top 10 since March 2014.

Never had a stretch of seasons like this under JB
Worse than that really. Haven't been in the AP25 during conference play since 2014. Six years. The only schools in the ACC that have been worse in that respect are WF, BC, and GT. Rankings aren't the only thing, but they're like taking the temperature of the program.

Sanctions worked, but has been done since then to right the ship?

Worse than that really. Haven't been in the AP25 during conference play since 2014. Six years. The only schools in the ACC that have been worse in that respect are WF, BC, and GT. Rankings aren't the only thing, but they're like taking the temperature of the program.

Sanctions worked, but has been done since then to right the ship?
Sanction start when the NCAA announces an investigation is taking place.It puts a doubt in the mind of potential recruits. The coaching staff then has to create a strategy to deal with the sanctions, changes in recruiting priorities and style of play are impacted. After they end, the staff then has to get the recruiting and player development back on tract, which is like taking over a new team and that takes 2-3 years. It is a 6-7 year period and is coming to an end now. If Sid plays, they are undefeated. If the staff had a crystal ball and knew he was going to be injured in the first game, they would have gone hard after Haarms or Sarr and let them have the starting spot, but how are they going to do that to Sidibe especially after he got healthy and played like a beast against UNC in the ACC tourney last year.

Sanction start when the NCAA announces an investigation is taking place.It puts a doubt in the mind of potential recruits. The coaching staff then has to create a strategy to deal with the sanctions, changes in recruiting priorities and style of play are impacted. After they end, the staff then has to get the recruiting and player development back on tract, which is like taking over a new team and that takes 2-3 years. It is a 6-7 year period and is coming to an end now. If Sid plays, they are undefeated. If the staff had a crystal ball and knew he was going to be injured in the first game, they would have gone hard after Haarms or Sarr and let them have the starting spot, but how are they going to do that to Sidibe especially after he got healthy and played like a beast against UNC in the ACC tourney last year.
Uh huh.

People trip over themselves to make excuses for this program.

I am here in Cary!
Lived in West Cary for a few years and was not a fan of the town. Shopping plaza after shopping plaza. Cary has more upstate NY/Western PA/Ohio folks than UNC graduates.

I actually was encouraged with their performance and grit last night coming back a couple times. UNC is a team that they really could have used Sidibe for. On to Pitt.

The center play really has fallen off a cliff. We went from AO, Jackson, Melo, and Christmas - who all had at least one season of being among the best centers in the league. Plus we had depth with guys like Keita and Coleman, and some of the guys above were also “the depth” as younger players.

When you look at what we have had post Christmas - it’s just a staggering fall off, year after year. Coleman and Sidibe’s injuries hurt, but where’s everybody else? Chukwu should’ve been a guy splitting time(kinda like Keita), not our only guy. And it’s only gotten worse having to play Marek there. Physically he’s basically MCW, but about 3 inches taller. It’s absurd at this point.

I think when Frank is ready from whatever is keeping him out, we need to move on from the Marek at center experiment. Maybe against certain opponents you move him there for a bit, but in general? Play the bigs, and just live with it and hope they come around. Marek isn’t getting it done against anybody with any size.

And next year they bring no experience back at C with Marek and Sidibe graduating, plus Quincy going to the NBA. JB really needs to get Jesse/Frank/JBA ready for significant minutes next year, or be ready to bring someone in.

True - not the same pathetic state of affairs as the football program, but is anyone pleased with the state of the basketball program?

Are JB and Wildhack pleased?
It shouldn't be. Football team has bottom 5 resources of all P5 teams. Could argue that bball team has top 5 and at worst top 10. Makes sense the football team would be crap most years. The bball team to be a bubble team for going on 7 years is gross.

And next year they bring no experience back at C with Marek and Sidibe graduating, plus Quincy going to the NBA. JB really needs to get Jesse/Frank/JBA ready for significant minutes next year, or be ready to bring someone in.
Know what the best way to get them ready is? Not let them play at all. Why would you want to take out our Center who managed 1 rebound in 35 minutes? That would be silly. Thankfully he was doing big time things on the other end of the court... UNC had 6 guys rebound more of their own misses alone than Marek grabbed. I honestly barely fault him. I'm sure he has no interest in playing the 5 against UNC for 35 mins either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom