man this sux to watch year after year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

man this sux to watch year after year

Duke is not a good team this year.
Their best win on the season is at Notre Dame. They are a bubble team this year.
They were underdogs at VPI tonight.

The reason there is anger in this fanbase is we have been mediocre far too long and JB doesn’t change.

That isn’t going to get patience.
We are an average team ourselves. Not garbage but just an average team.
The ACC is way down this year. Which will make it harder to make the tournament if we don’t beat the right teams.

Syracuse hoops isn’t what it used to be and if the fanbase accepts that then the palpitations will be down.
Duke is not a bubble team by any means. Maybe they don't get a Top 4 seed but maybe they fall to a 6. SYR, in comparison, hopes to be a bubble team. It's been that way for the last 7 years and it isn't changing anytime soon.

Duke is not a bubble team by any means. Maybe they don't get a Top 4 seed but maybe they fall to a 6. SYR, in comparison, hopes to be a bubble team. It's been that way for the last 7 years and it isn't changing anytime soon.
What have you seen from Duke, besides their jerseys, that say they are a six seed?

What have you seen from Duke, besides their jerseys, that say they are a six seed?
coach-k-duke-criticism-fansjpg.jpg

Last edited:
Why was JBA the first Big off the bench for the Rutgers game but now he can’t play.
How did Edwards jump him?
Your asking for speculations, so here it goes. JBA gives huge energy and effort and the coaches wanted Jesse to see and match that. Having said that, Jesse knows the systems better and is more technically advanced in them.

I’m 49 so I grew up with the all time great teams we had in the 80s. I lived and died SU basketball most of my life. Before cable we turned on the radio to listen. We never missed a game. The last few seasons my love affair with the program has started to fade. There are a number of reasons for this. First are my kids and their activities...I won’t miss their stuff for mine...I love them to much. The other main reason is the fact that we aren’t as entertaining to watch anymore. The product just isn’t as good as it has been so I check things out when I can but I don’t get worked up anymore. It seems like all of my teams are stuck in mediocrity right now which is kind of a bummer.

I absolutely HATE to agree with you but I have just about had it. I watched JB play in high school and it is getting to the end of the road for me. I love SU but not sure how much more of this I can take. It is difficult to live here in NC and listen to the worship of UNC, Duke and NC St as they rave about beating my sorry ass under performing team.

Wish you happy everyday and stay healthy, young man! Orange for life! ;)

Last edited:
Sanction start when the NCAA announces an investigation is taking place.It puts a doubt in the mind of potential recruits. The coaching staff then has to create a strategy to deal with the sanctions, changes in recruiting priorities and style of play are impacted. After they end, the staff then has to get the recruiting and player development back on tract, which is like taking over a new team and that takes 2-3 years. It is a 6-7 year period and is coming to an end now. If Sid plays, they are undefeated. If the staff had a crystal ball and knew he was going to be injured in the first game, they would have gone hard after Haarms or Sarr and let them have the starting spot, but how are they going to do that to Sidibe especially after he got healthy and played like a beast against UNC in the ACC tourney last year.

There are lots of H0T Takes and excuses in here. The one I want to point out is Haarms and Saar. Sidebe or not, we did not have a remote chance at either of them. If we did, we would have “gone hard” after them even with a fully healthy Sidibe. Both Harms and Saar are double the talent of Sidibe...

And also, no we’re not undefeated with a healthy Sidibe. It’s like you’re making him out to be an Anthony Davis level player... ridiculous

There are lots of H0T Takes and excuses in here. The one I want to point out is Haarms and Saar. Sidebe or not, we did not have a remote chance at either of them. If we did, we would have “gone hard” after them even with a fully healthy Sidibe. Both Harms and Saar are double the talent of Sidibe...

And also, no we’re not undefeated with a healthy Sidibe. It’s like you’re making him out to be an Anthony Davis level player... ridiculous
Boeheim was not going to give the starting job to a transfer over a 5th year senior. At the end of last season we got to see what level Sidibe could play at, and it was real good. They would have beat Pitt, and the other 2 teams have big men that they couldn't counter, that Sid would have made a significant difference. They didn't get blown out bu Rutgers or UNC and had the lead late in the 2nd half against both teams. Not sure what games you're watching.

Boeheim was not going to give the starting job to a transfer over a 5th year senior. At the end of last season we got to see what level Sidibe could play at, and it was real good. They would have beat Pitt, and the other 2 teams have big men that they couldn't counter, that Sid would have made a significant difference. They didn't get blown out bu Rutgers or UNC and had the lead late in the 2nd half against both teams. Not sure what games you're watching.

You seriously think Sarr or Haarms wouldn’t start over Sidibe, or that they wouldn’t recruit them over Sidibe...? And hypothetically, if you’re right, then that just means we 100% need a coaching overhaul. Because quite frankly, we’re bad because we don’t have Sarr or Haarms level talent on the team.

You’re looking at Sidibe like he’s Superman based off 4-5 games last year against really bad team. What about the other 2.9 years he was at Syracuse? You know, like when he plays actual competition?

You seriously think Sarr or Haarms wouldn’t start over Sidibe, or that they wouldn’t recruit them over Sidibe...? And hypothetically, if you’re right, then that just means we 100% need a coaching overhaul. Because quite frankly, we’re bad because we don’t have Sarr or Haarms level talent on the team.

You’re looking at Sidibe like he’s Superman based off 4-5 games last year against really bad team. What about the other 2.9 years he was at Syracuse? You know, like when he plays actual competition?
The end of last year was when he finally got healthy. Boeheim is very loyal to his players, I guess it's good and bad, probably more good than bad.

He's averaged 4 pts and 4 rebs through 92 games. Can't possibly upgrade that position.

I think we have all had on the orange color glasses for the last 5 years including myself because we upset the number 1 team at times or win a big game or make an elite 8 or final four but year in and year out, these games are actually painful to watch one by one. My standard for this program keeps lowering and lowering
No, not everyone has. But anytime people have pointed out the signs of decline, the orange colored glasses crowd pounces and cites the occassional final four or elite 8 as reason that there hasn't been one or uses the sanctions as an excuse for it, as if we're on the way back.

Last edited:
You're probably right but I don't think they will ever be a bubble team. At worst, they will be at solidly in at 8 or 9 which is a catastrophe for them. I just wish we weren't on the bubble year after year. It has gotten old to be so mediocre.

Why was JBA the first Big off the bench for the Rutgers game but now he can’t play.
How did Edwards jump him?
J.B. would tell you it's about the match up but I will tell you It's all about what kind of mood the the old codger is in when It's time to send in the sub.

Pathetic. Being a fan isn't about your needs or your ego. You didn't even know they were playing the heels, come on man. If they won at UNC, would you have posted or do you just come to bash the team after a hard fought loss.
I wouldn't have gone nuts had they beat an average UNC team (by UNC's standards) at 9pm on ACCN, lets not act like this would've been some monumental storm the court type victory, I know exactly the type of team this is, I couldn't tell you the next game it just isn't that important to me, call me whatever you want to feed your ego, being a realist in these parts seems to be a tough deal.

I wouldn't have gone nuts had they beat an average UNC team (by UNC's standards) at 9pm on ACCN, lets not act like this would've been some monumental storm the court type victory, I know exactly the type of team this is, I couldn't tell you the next game it just isn't that important to me, call me whatever you want to feed your ego, being a realist in these parts seems to be a tough deal.
But you find time to come to a Fan board to cast shade on the team. I find that mean spirited. Almost like back stabbing.

I can't say that i don't care, but there is a marked difference between how i watch each game now, versus 10-15 years ago.

I used to be on the edge of my seat, lights off, full concentration, wearing my one orange tee, drinking OJ, legs and arms crossed in the direction of our basket.

These days? The game is just 'on' to the side of me, while i research which guitar to buy next, and i seem to miss about 10% of the baskets scored.

When we lost in the past, it would seriously affect my mood for hours or days.

When we lose now, 'Oh, well. Whaddya expect.'

Sad state of affairs. But, i still watch every game. And i still have hopes that we can 'get it back.' But, if it ever gets to how i've been about football since McNabb... Well, i don't want to consider that.

I’m angry that I’m so detached. I’m angry that my kids think SU basketball is so mediocre because that’s all they’ve ever known. I’m sick of others rolling their eyes when I mention the good old days of SU hoops when it mattered and made a difference in your life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom