man this sux to watch year after year | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

man this sux to watch year after year

I am here in Cary!

As a proud graduate of Carolina and SU (who went the opposite way and returned to CNY), I get Carolina fans (like SU fans) can get full of themselves. Doesn’t “fan” come from fanatic?

As for Cary, I’m sure you know that it stands for “Containment Area Relocated Yankees”.

Peace!

Sometimes I think this board can get about 90% over-reacted at times.
We were down double digits 4 times and came back to tie it, and it wasn't on super hot shooting.
imo, its best to look at a sport year by year, team by team in today's day and age. Take for example coastal carolina in football, did you know they were picked to finish dead last in their division.

Sometimes I think this board can get about 90% over-reacted at times.
We were down double digits 4 times and came back to tie it, and it wasn't on super hot shooting.
imo, its best to look at a sport year by year, team by team in today's day and age. Take for example coastal carolina in football, did you know they were picked to finish dead last in their division.
This thread is not about one game or even one season. It is about where the program has been trending over the course of multiple seasons. Click the link below. Take a look a two categories, "AP Final" and "Seed." There is a trend there, and it's not a good one.

Yeah I’m definitely tired of the same mediocre play since 2015, sanctions or no sanctions.

And it’s the same problem year after year after year .. is what makes it most infuriating.. if every year it was some different problem.. you could claim it wasnt foreseeable..

But every freaking year its the following

-inability to defensive board
-too weak / slight / at the center position
-no true point guard

These shouldn’t be irreparable problems year over year .. we don’t need Chris Webber .. although it would be nice .. we just need some ACC quality competence at the C and Pg positions

Yet we keep recruiting clones of slender man every year .. why !!!!!

And it’s the same problem year after year after year .. is what makes it most infuriating.. if every year it was some different problem.. you could claim it wasnt foreseeable..

But every freaking year its the following

-inability to defensive board
-too weak / slight / at the center position
-no true point guard

These shouldn’t be irreparable problems year over year .. we don’t need Chris Webber .. although it would be nice .. we just need some ACC quality competence at the C and Pg positions

Yet we keep recruiting clones of slender man every year .. why !!!!!
We may not need Chris Webber, but we used to get a player of similar caliber every few years. Will that happen again?

You mean like Frank.
You aren’t funny. That isn’t a funny comp let me guess JG3 is Jason Kidd to you as well.

Chris Webber started every game he ever played in college.
He averaged 15,5 PPG and 10 RPG as a freshman and you actually try arguing that a freshman big who has played 23 minutes this season .
If Frank got a single double double this year it would be a miracle.

If you are going to be funny be funny.

You aren’t funny. That isn’t a funny comp let me guess JG3 is Jason Kidd to you as well.

Chris Webber started every game he ever played in college.
He averaged 15,5 PPG and 10 RPG as a freshman and you actually try arguing that a freshman big who has played 23 minutes this season .
If Frank got a single double double this year it would be a miracle.

If you are going to be funny be funny.
He hasn't got any real time or flow with the covid stoppages to practice and learn his position.
He is a quality big man and will come on as he gets his reps. They has Stewart but Hop took him. Just keep focusing your hate, it will surely diminish you as a person.

He hasn't got any real time or flow with the covid stoppages to practice and learn his position.
He is a quality big man and will come on as he gets his reps. They has Stewart but Hop took him. Just keep focusing your hate, it will surely diminish you as a person.
You compared Frank Anselem to the number 1 recruit in his class, he was the ROY in the Big Ten during his freshman season and then complain about snark.
Nope. That doesn’t work.
If you don’t want snark don’t make statements that aren’t even debatable.
If you went Quincy G atleast he can be an all conference player at F.
We don’t have a playable C with Sidibe and have 3 other bigs.
That is unbelievable.
You keep being an idealist I don’t change you. I don’t want you to change that unless it’s your own decision.
However you call being a realist a hater when it’s just being a realist.

This program is a shell of itself. I accept that.

Last edited:
The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result. Boeheim stubbornly sticks to the same gameplay year after year.

Everyone else has evolved to internet and we are still using pencils and pads.

You compared Frank Anselem to the number 1 recruit in his class, he was the ROY in the Big Ten during his freshman season and then complain about snark.
Nope. That doesn’t work.
If you don’t want snark don’t make statements that aren’t even debatable.
If you went Quincy G atleast he can be an all conference player at F.
We don’t have a playable C with Sidibe and have 3 other bigs.
That is unbelievable.
You keep being an idealist I don’t change you change that unless it’s your own decision.
However you call being a realist a hater when it’s just being a realist.

This program is a shell of itself. I accept that.
This team is 1 player away from being a top 10 team and your making it sound like the program is a wreck. I stand by my analysis that if Sidibe played they could very well be 10-0 or 9-1. That's not some crazy idea, they had the lead late in all three loses and mainly lost because they couldn't counter those teams bigs. How was the coaching staff to know that Sidibe who finally got healthy at the end of last season was going to get injured again? When Sid comes back, this team will make a move up.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result. Boeheim stubbornly sticks to the same gameplay year after year.

Everyone else has evolved to internet and we are still using pencils and pads.

That’s not actually the definition of insanity.. that’s an example of insanity

This team is 1 player away from being a top 10 team and your making it sound like the program is a wreck. I stand by my analysis that if Sidibe played they could very well be 10-0 or 9-1. That's not some crazy idea, they had the lead late in all three loses and mainly lost because they couldn't counter those teams bigs. How was the coaching staff to know that Sidibe who finally got healthy at the end of last season was going to get injured again? When Sid comes back, this team will make a move up.

Yes .. they are one player away.. as is every other team in college .. if that player were Anthony Davis

I agree. If we could get Lebron eligible and convince him to leave LA, we would be a top 10 team.

Yes .. they are one player away.. as is every other team in college .. if that player were Anthony Davis
I expect this team to play like the team that devastated UNC in the ACC tourney last year or better when Bourama returns, or better.

I expect this team to play like the team that devastated UNC in the ACC tourney last year or better when Bourama returns, or better.

We have to face the very real possibility Sidibe never plays again

We have to face the very real possibility Sidibe never plays again
I suppose so, but that's just speculation. My belief is that they are going to keep him out until he is 100%, when he says he's ready and when the dr's say he's ready. We will know for sure in the next several weeks.

Last edited:
We lost a close game on the road to UNC missing our starting center. We didn't score 40 points at Miami.

We actually get these guys again (and Pitt again) and let's see what they learned.

Yeah really. This team has put up a hundo twice. We aren't as bad as this board makes us out to be. But, forgive me for being optimistic. I'll let y'all be miserable together while I enjoy the ride.

I’m shocked how difficult it is to just find a Forth type guy who is huge .. knows how to position himself in the zone .. and set nice solid screens

I can't believe I'm saying this, the screens we set are only matched in being as bad as how little effort our guys use them to get open.

Terrible screens, terrible effort for the guy getting the screen...

Honestly, Forth's screens are 100x better than what this teams does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom