Man to Man then switch | Syracusefan.com

Man to Man then switch

tino

Scout Team
They say if it aint broke dont fix it, well it is broke. I say switch up the man to man and the zone, keep changing, trap , trap man to man and zone them to death...why not , I read all these threads looking for an answer and no one seems to have it . I have put out the thought and watch I will get blasted. I have no confidence on what Cuse is doing now. At least go out with trying something that may work instead of going with the same ole junk everyone has figured out

They say if it aint broke dont fix it, well it is broke. I say switch up the man to man and the zone, keep changing, trap , trap man to man and zone them to death...why not , I read all these threads looking for an answer and no one seems to have it . I have put out the thought and watch I will get blasted. I have no confidence on what Cuse is doing now. At least go out with trying something that may work instead of going with the same ole junk everyone has figured out

Out of the box thinking there, tino.

What do you have in mind to fix the offense?

yes, lets trap and press with our 6 guys. No worries about foul trouble or tiring.

To give JB some credit, in the 80's and 90's, if we were down in the tourney, he used to just sit back in the zone and let the other team milk away the game. In recent years he has adopted the press that has some success at times. I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering if he does anything.

JB is one of, if not the most stubborn coach in the country, and he does not like change. It will not happen.

Last edited:
Out of the box thinking there, tino.

What do you have in mind to fix the offense?

Well crucify me if you want but I would not start Cooney, change up a little bring him in later, start with Ennis, Gibangi(spelled wrong) Grant in the middle Christmas and Fair, just for a few minutes to watch, then if it doesnt work Grant comes out of the middle and put Christmas in the middle. If Gibanje isnt working bring in Cooney. But he needs to sit for a while, just to change the aura of the team

Well crucify me if you want but I would not start Cooney, change up a little bring him in later, start with Ennis, Gibangi(spelled wrong) Grant in the middle Christmas and Fair, just for a few minutes to watch, then if it doesnt work Grant comes out of the middle and put Christmas in the middle. If Gibanje isnt working bring in Cooney. But he needs to sit for a while, just to change the aura of the team
yes, put Grant ion the middle where opposing big men can bang away at him. Good thinking.

I don't understand not keeping Christmas as the middle in the zone? Why would you rather see grant in the middle of the zone? Mike G had an opportunity yesterday with Cooney hurt too again show more offensively, and he didn't do much. He is frustrating to me because he's a good athlete who I continue think will get to the basket, but seems to hide out on the perimeter when he is in the game. He has had opportunities to get more minutes with Cooney struggling, but still hasn't gotten many minutes. That tells me that he isn't ready to contribute in JB's eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom