Man to man? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Man to man?

So essentially every zone I've ever seen before.

Don't think I've ever seen a zone where there wasnt pressure on the ball on the defensive side of the court.

You don't see zones with our length anywhere.

Well in fairness it's a catchphrase of Bill Rafferty that's taken on a life of it's own.

It's not dissimilar from the Jerry Tarkanian amoeba back in the day.

Very true, I've always compared our defense to Tarks.

Pretty much my point about the debate was Rafferty said something and its been stated as gospel when in all reality we're just built for zone and practice zone more than anybody else.

Relax. There's only a small chance you'll end up on the dinner menu of Wu's pigs.

But I didn't pick that avatar randomly. Al is representative of my approach, especially if someone pushes one of my many buttons.

For an older guy like myself who watched hundreds, if not thousands of old cowboy movies. the reality of Al Swearingen was like a bucket of ice water to me. Saloon owners were frequently the bad guys, but they all lacked the grit of Al. He was the first believable Western bad guy.

I always wanted to take a shower after watching Al, his henchman Dorrity or hotel keeper, E.B. Farnum.
The movie sucked

The movie sucked

Haven't seen it. Standing up in comparison to several seasons of a show is a tall order.

The genius of the show was the transformation of the characters over a perod of time. Swearingen went from pure evil to a somewhat sympathetic character.

How often do you see recruits provide specific reasons why they don't select a school/program?

One kid saying that he's interested in SU in part because of the zone isn't dispositive of anything.

You hear it from GMs during the lead up to the draft, but not too much with recruits, in my opinion.

JB is trying to prepare this young squad for a coaching change. Give Autry/GMac/Griffin opportunities to teach m2m in practice then when one of them takes over the players will have a base. :eek:)

Nick Richards & Jahvon Quinerly both openly stated that they did not want to play zone in college. I’m not saying that’s why neither came here, just providing some examples.

FWIW, I’ve always assumed that your avatar was some famous musician I didn’t recognize.
They were also both huge disappointments

I think pearl31 was the first person to ever be one to me on this incarceration of this site.

Jackson is a 5 Star that is attracted to SU because of the Zone.
He might be the first elite recruit to ever say that, honestly. Thanks for proving our point.

He might be the first elite recruit to ever say that, honestly. Thanks for proving our point.

Not sure about that. I’m almost positive lots of guys have talked about how they’ll be a good fit for the zone over the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom