Many of you are miserable people! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Many of you are miserable people!

Nope, but big picture wise you can put it on him that we lose to them every time, and everybody knows we’re going to lose to them every time.
Meh, almost everybody thought we were going to lose by 20. That we had no chance. That we wouldn’t be competitive.

No, I’m not excited about moral victories. I’m just not going to pretend like this result is an indictment of the program and further proof that JB needs to go. We played one of the best teams in the country and we played well. It’s another missed opportunity, I get it. We can’t be that bad if we keep finding ourselves in this position, though.

Right. It‘s not about one game. It’s about who we are now. I’ll never understand why some people are so fragile that they need to put on the blinders and focus on the pixel instead of the whole picture….
Hi there.

We are one year away from the 10-year anniversary of Syracuse Basketballs' descent into obscurity. Almost a full decade of being a shell of ourselves.

I have that framed panoramic of the Dome from the 2014 Duke game in my office right next to where I sit. I get sad looking at it now and might have to take it down. I’m clinging to some scraps from a season we lost in the 2nd round and fell apart? And knowing that we might never have a game like that again is just depressing.

Meh, almost everybody thought we were going to lose by 20. That we had no chance. That we wouldn’t be competitive.

No, I’m not excited about moral victories. I’m just not going to pretend like this result is an indictment of the program and further proof that JB needs to go. We played one of the best teams in the country and we played well. It’s another missed opportunity, I get it. We can’t be that bad if we keep finding ourselves in this position, though.

Georgetown has been in a position to win a lot of games in their slide as well, floundering late and usually a few minutes earlier than we have. I'm not sure if being right there says we are any good. I get the premise just...

Georgetown has been in a position to win a lot of games in their slide as well, floundering late and usually a few minutes earlier than we have. I'm not sure if being right there says we are any good. I get the premise just...
Georgetown could lose every game by 1 point in triple overtime and they would still suck.

Georgetown could lose every game by 1 point in triple overtime and they would still suck.

Well naturally of course. That said the close losses and being competitive for stretches for us really doesn't do much for us in terms of landing on us being good.

The real kicker is just look at ken pom. We are 64th in adjO which is nothing special. That's bubbly. Then we are 126 in adjD. That is better than the 207 from last year but last year we were also 15 in adjO. In any case the inability to defend, a very clear and visible result of the constant open looks from the zone and you can see we just aren't a good team/program. We are a bottom half P6 team that is on the NIT bubble.

We need to be under 70 in adj D and under 100 in adjO minimum and that's still bubble territory.

I’m pissed we lost.. It sucks!… But I don’t blame JB or his staff or the players.. It’s a young team learning… Please see that and stop trolling or being a dumbass or ignorant or whatever .. Miserable negative people suck and there’s many on here …JB will retire soon .. Supprt the program, Coach and players.. They are making strides and competing
'Many of you are miserable people!' is the greatest thread title in the history of this board. Nothing tricky or clever or coy, just straight up 'I hate you all and I am here to say that' vibes. Love it.

Well naturally of course. That said the close losses and being competitive for stretches for us really doesn't do much for us in terms of landing on us being good.

The real kicker is just look at ken pom. We are 64th in adjO which is nothing special. That's bubbly. Then we are 126 in adjD. That is better than the 207 from last year but last year we were also 15 in adjO. In any case the inability to defend, a very clear and visible result of the constant open looks from the zone and you can see we just aren't a good team/program. We are a bottom half P6 team that is on the NIT bubble.

We need to be under 70 in adj D and under 100 in adjO minimum and that's still bubble territory.
Great post. I hadnt looked at KenPom in awhile...really shows that either the zone just isnt working or we are recruiting too offense specific. My personal opinion is zone...but I get the argument.

One quick thought -- being miserable isn't a bad thing. It's a healthy sign that our fanbase cares and is emotionally invested. I worry about apathy way more than being miserable.

complacency is always the worst part of fandom.

SU Football is a testament to that. What started with my fandom there which was "can we compete for big east titles and find ourselves in the bcs discussion" has divvolved into the "let's find 6 wins..."

hate to see hoops become a holiday when they make either tournament

'Many of you are miserable people!' is the greatest thread title in the history of this board. Nothing tricky or clever or coy, just straight up 'I hate you all and I am here to say that' vibes. Love it.
It’s reverse psychology click bait…and it worked! I’m here for it!

On another note, I love it when fellow fans or otherwise tell me how (not) to feel. That’s what I pay my therapist to do!

Moral victories are awesome. They should count towards an at large bid. It's always best to pat a coach on the back when he gets another moral victory. He shouldn't be expected to field a winning team year in year out or compete for a tourney bid. Just putting a competitive team on the floor is all that matters and we should be grateful. He could just put 9 win teams out there so we are just lucky we are already at 13 this season. We should celebrate this team as one of his best coaching jobs ever.
Well the point is it’s a very young team. So keep trashing it and prove the origin author’s valid point!

It’s reverse psychology click bait…and it worked! I’m here for it!

On another note, I love it when fellow fans or otherwise tell me how (not) to feel. That’s what I pay my therapist to do!
I like you Swish but your therapist is ripping you off.

Well the point is it’s a very young team. So keep trashing it and prove the origin author’s valid point!

Trashing the team? Haven't done that once. The post was tongue in cheek sarcasm in response to another of the OP's posts.

Tour De France Bike GIF by Škoda Global

Wouldn’t be top 10 on front page of a certain forum around here. Sam span should get credit where credit is due.

I’m pissed we lost.. It sucks!… But I don’t blame JB or his staff or the players.. It’s a young team learning… Please see that and stop trolling or being a dumbass or ignorant or whatever .. Miserable negative people suck and there’s many on here …JB will retire soon .. Supprt the program, Coach and players.. They are making strides and competing
I support the program through thick and thin. What you interpret to be "miserable" is actually a confluence of multiple emotions achieved by the action (or inaction) of the athletics program. This wasn't sudden- we've been watching a brush fire turn into an inferno while the people in control stood by with fire hoses in-hand doing nothing. Everybody saw this coming. We pay good money to go to these games, and for what? To watch us lose "buy" games to Bryant and Colgate? We have every right to be miserable and angry toward Boeheim and Wildhack based on the ineptitude and destruction of a once-proud basketball program.

I support the program through thick and thin. What you interpret to be "miserable" is actually a confluence of multiple emotions achieved by the action (or inaction) of the athletics program. This wasn't sudden- we've been watching a brush fire turn into an inferno while the people in control stood by with fire hoses in-hand doing nothing. Everybody saw this coming. We pay good money to go to these games, and for what? To watch us lose "buy" games to Bryant and Colgate? We have every right to be miserable and angry toward Boeheim and Wildhack based on the ineptitude and destruction of a once-proud basketball program.

Yeah 4 years at SU ( or more/less) .. many many games and donations- that's a lot of investment from many of us alums or the many non alums who give so much as well. It's absolutely fair game. That money could have been invested elsewhere and it will continue to be that way and it's only fair.

One quick thought -- being miserable isn't a bad thing. It's a healthy sign that our fanbase cares and is emotionally invested. I worry about apathy way more than being miserable.
Exactly. Irrelevance in our own town frightens me. That’s what I mostly see.

I suppose those folks who have yelled long and loud for JB to retire are happy that the dirty laundry has gone national.

Do you have any standards or should we support being losers. Any ideas how to win? New coach better recruiting or accept it?

Oh I absolutely blame the staff. If it wasn’t clear the first time that theres no offensive approach with under a minute left in close games… how many more times do we need to bang our heads against this wall? Our half court o is non existent.
This game could have been won and we wouldn't have needed an offensive approach with under a minute left if we did better than shoot 11 - 18 from the line and 3- 15 from the 3. We could have taken advantage of their poor second half shooting the 3. For the game they were 9 - 21.

If Girard could be a consistently double figure player instead of going from 28 at GT to 7 last night. If he had shot close to his his average 16.6 no problem with #6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom