Marcus Sales | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Sales

Still unbelievable that the it was my brother's drugs defense worked the first time

As always, Bill Fitzpatrick is a ridiculously dishonest person who will go out of his way to protect SU athletes.

Sad stuff. I went to school with at least one of the guys on that list.

As always, Bill Fitzpatrick is a ridiculously dishonest person who will go out of his way to protect SU athletes.

Sad stuff. I went to school with at least one of the guys on that list.

Not disagreeing here but there's not a lot Fitz can do if one person says it's mine and the other person does it. Good luck in court with that.

Not when you think about how many lives it ruins and frankly they are killing people. These guys are all facing charges of intent to distribute fentanyl as well as cocaine and crack. At this point I personally know 3 people who've died from heroin/fentanyl OD's and 1 poster on this board has had a child OD and live. I have zero sympathy for dealers. 40 years sounds about right.
I just went to an old friends services 6 days ago. He was 41. I hope Marcus rots and anyone else willing to put this fentanyl garbage on the streets. There is a high percentage chance that Sales' drugs have killed someone. That's why the sentences are higher. He distributes one bad shipment and how many die?

I know this is probably too heavy of a take for the football board, but the world would be such a better place if the disastrous War on Drugs ended, drugs were decriminalized, and treated like a public health issue instead of a criminal justice issue.

I know this is probably too heavy of a take for the football board, but the world would be such a better place if the disastrous War on Drugs ended, drugs were decriminalized, and treated like a public health issue instead of a criminal justice issue.

For drug users/small possession - sure. Drug pushers, especially those that distribute in large quantities - they can rot.

I just went to an old friends services 6 days ago. He was 41. I hope Marcus rots and anyone else willing to put this fentanyl garbage on the streets. There is a high percentage chance that Sales' drugs have killed someone. That's why the sentences are higher. He distributes one bad shipment and how many die?

First off, I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

Some European countries offer publicly available clinics where people with heroin addictions can go and shoot up with a sterile needle, no questions asked, under the supervision of a nurse, and the heroin has been medically inspected to ensure that it isn't laced with something like Fentanyl. And they will help people slowly ween off their addiction. This is how you solve a drug epidemic. Throwing people in jail will never ever solve this. There is such a negative stigma in the US about drug addiction. At the end of the day, it's no different than any other disease.

I'm glad they got this crap off of the streets...and the drugs too.

Some European countries offer publicly available clinics where people with heroin addictions can go and shoot up with a sterile needle, no questions asked, under the supervision of a nurse, and the heroin has been medically inspected to ensure that it isn't laced with something like Fentanyl. And they will help people slowly ween off their addiction. This is how you solve a drug epidemic. Throwing people in jail will never ever solve this. There is such a negative stigma in the US about drug addiction. At the end of the day, it's no different than any other disease.

While I agree that this is a potential solution to rehabilitating drug users, it doesn't address the problem of drug pushers/distributors. Their addiction isn't to a drug but to money/greed/power and they achieve this by preying on the weak. I have little to no sympathy for them.

it doesn't address the problem of drug pushers/distributors.

But when you legalize something, you eliminate it’s black market and all the violence that accompanies it. No one in America is killed anymore regarding the sale and distribution of alcohol like they were during Prohibition. If someone could get a small quantity of cocaine for instance from a legal dispensary that has been quality reviewed by the government, why would they go buy it from a gang member?

But when you legalize something, you eliminate it’s black market and all the violence that accompanies it. No one in America is killed anymore regarding the sale and distribution of alcohol like they were during Prohibition. If someone could get a small quantity of cocaine for instance from a legal dispensary that has been quality reviewed by the government, why would they go buy it from a gang member?

Price.

The black market weed market is humming right along in the states where it's been legalized. People who have a comfortable arrangement with their guy aren't necessarily going to switch over to the state with its excise taxes.

A little late to the game on this one but a few things
Marcus is and always has been a...umm... bad decision maker? I’m sorry.
Secondly, people need to realize drugs, illegal variety are a huge industry. I could make more cash slinging dope at NA meetings than I could operating my business. Believe me I’ve considered it. It’s such a trickle down crime that people don’t appreciate. Slingers>Crime Victims>users>families
No one wins. Almost all dealers get caught at some point, whether it’s for dealing or some dumb gun charge or violent crime. It’s all absurd.
The problem is people like feeling good. And even if it’s for an hour it’s worth it to most to feel like sht for the next 23.
Improve general quality of life for everyone and this problem has the potential to shrink significantly

You are confusing end users, who are actually victims, with the criminal murdering scum that distribute. No punishment is too harsh for those that distribute heroin, cocaine , fentanyl or other hard core dangerous drugs to the public, many of whom are on the lower socio economic scale, with inadequate ability to gage or understand their risk.

This is one of those things that theoretically makes sense, but in real life practice I don' t think quite works that way. A heroin addict looking for their next score is far more likely to get it from a dealer they know and use it wherever/whenever they want instead of going to some government-owned/regulated facility to shoot up under supervision, especially knowing that the end-goal is to ween them off it.

You are confusing end users, who are actually victims, with the criminal murdering scum that distribute. No punishment is too harsh for those that distribute heroin, cocaine , fentanyl or other hard core dangerous drugs to the public, many of whom are on the lower socio economic scale, with inadequate ability to gage or understand their risk.
This is where there is an ill percieved conception imho. Markets breed industry. People want to get high, loaded, whatever. They just do. If they didn’t their wouldn’t be ten trillion liquor stores on earth.
Addicts want drugs. They get to points where they NEED them. There almost has to be a market for it. Because the mental health and medical community refuse to acknowledge that it’s a legit crisis on a wide scale
Why punish people for selling something other people want/need? It feeds their families.
Capitalism at its most brutally stripped down version

Nah, don't beat yourself up for playing basketball

bucket

I'm not doubting the extraordinary damage of drug abuse.
And I'm not a lawyer.
It just seems that there are a lot of news stories where a person has ended another person's life and the sentence is considerably less than 40 years.

It doesn't really matter. Marcus has been in this type of trouble before and still continued to make sh&tty decisions. He's going to be giving up his freedom for a long, long time.
Very sad to hear this news... Need to remember dealing large quantities likely comes from being a long time dealer affecting (destroying) many lives along the way at others expense. Syracuse has become known for it's high murder rate often associated with drugs and dealers. I have to trust and support our law enforcement above my SU sports affections.

I have compassion for the users of the hard stuff. I have no compassion for the dealers of the hard stuff.

This isn’t weed we’re talking about. This stuff destroys people.
I've seen weed destroy people too ...along with alcohol

This is where there is an ill percieved conception imho. Markets breed industry. People want to get high, loaded, whatever. They just do. If they didn’t their wouldn’t be ten trillion liquor stores on earth.
Addicts want drugs. They get to points where they NEED them. There almost has to be a market for it. Because the mental health and medical community refuse to acknowledge that it’s a legit crisis on a wide scale
Why punish people for selling something other people want/need? It feeds their families.
Capitalism at its most brutally stripped down version

We will forever disagree if this is your idea of appropriate behavior.

Do you include the prescription drug companies and physicians who chronically over-prescribe opioids amongst that "scum?"

Do you include the prescription drug companies and physicians who chronically over-prescribe opioids amongst that "scum?"
As a person who has in the past needed these drugs for pain, no I do not. Anything can be misused, the drugs like fentanyl, heroin and cocaine have no medical validity and their pushers are in it for profit only with no regard for the havoc and deaths they are responsible for.

As a person who has in the past needed these drugs for pain, no I do not. Anything can be misused, the drugs like fentanyl, heroin and cocaine have no medical validity and their pushers are in it for profit only with no regard for the havoc and deaths they are responsible for.

you are a tad under informed as to what's been going on...

you are a tad under informed as to what's been going on...
I am quite well informed, but the fact is the opioids have a use in managing pain. The fact they have been overprescribed and sold is a serious issue, but to equate it to those selling drugs with no legitimate medical use is a red herring. All drugs can be misused, but some drugs have no legitimate use.
You sir are more underinformed than I.

I am quite well informed, but the fact is the opioids have a use in managing pain. The fact they have been overprescribed and sold is a serious issue, but to equate it to those selling drugs with no legitimate medical use is a red herring. All drugs can be misused, but some drugs have no legitimate use.
You sir are more underinformed than I.

so you think local drug dealers peddling small amounts of cocaine are worse than corporate companies that created a nationwide crises that kills about 30,000 people per year, more than any street drug?

Overdose Death Rates

companies that willfully violated the controlled substance act? companies that knowingly sent 9 million opiod pills to a single pharmacy in a small town in west virginia that has a population of 400 people?

Opioid Crisis: The lawsuits that could bankrupt manufacturers and distributors

Ex-DEA agent: Opioid crisis fueled by drug industry and Congress

and all this in the name of corporate profit? led by executives who mostly grew up in a privileged environment, who are trying to fund their elite lifestyles? those people are somehow not as bad as people who grow up in a poor inner city and are peddling small quantities on street corners?

that comes across as a bit ignorant imho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom