Marcus Smart Officially | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Smart Officially

Patrick Ewing, hopefully you didn't throw oranges at him.
Sadly bayside, I was well out of Syracuse by that time. As for Magic johnson, no comment.

Oh I would as well and I agree that Fans have no license to act certain ways. But The fan in no way initiates physical contact and looks to if anything be backing away a bit as Smart gets close.

Of course the fan didn't initiate contact, he's a fat old guy. Just want to know what was said.

What!? I swear people treat basketball incidents like a national crisis. People are acting like he knocked out the fan and super falcon punched his wife.
No one is saying anything like that. What we are saying is that there is acceptable levels of behavior. Smart went over the line. You can't touch fans. There really is nothing to say other than that.

I'm guessing it was something personal or racial. Smart clearly heard something he didn't like. He was getting up normally and then whipped his head around like he was surprised by what he heard.

He should not have engaged the fan. Period. However, something tells me Mr. Fan was not innocent in this. He might get some backlash from this too.
Which the fan shouldn't. However, in this age of overreaction I'm sure Smart will be suspended 10 games and the fan will have his season tix revoked.

Of course the fan didn't initiate contact, he's a fat old guy. Just want to know what was said.

I think we all would but Smart has got to be well for lack of a better word Smarter. You can't do that. But I would be shocked to find out that the fan was innocent.

What!? I swear people treat basketball incidents like a national crisis. People are acting like he knocked out the fan and super falcon punched his wife.
If it happened in a golf gallery, it would be equally absurd. The sport has nothing to do with it - competitors cannot engage fans.

If it happened in a golf gallery, it would be equally absurd. The sport has nothing to do with it - competitors cannot engage fans.
to show how bad this is, devo didn't even do this.

I think we all would but Smart has got to be well for lack of a better word Smarter. You can't do that. But I would be shocked to find out that the fan was innocent.

Oh I agree, but when I first saw this I thought he punched Brent Musberger just because he was there.

Which the fan shouldn't. However, in this age of overreaction I'm sure Smart will be suspended 10 games and the fan will have his season tix revoked.

If Mr. Fan said something racially motivated, he could be out more than his season tickets. We'll know what was said soon enough.

Gottlieb just tweeted this video showing the same fan's behavior at another game...watch at around the 33 second mark on:

Still doesn't excuse Smart but apparently this fan has a history of jackassery.

Gottlieb just tweeted this video showing the same fan's behavior at another game...watch at around the 33 second mark on:

Dude was just licking an imaginary 4 scoop ice cream cone from Sno-Top...with sprinkles.

Well, can't go and push a fan but 1. that guy is a jackass and 2. amazing how quick stuff comes out.

Woo What is wrong with that fan? Giving the EffYou sign . . . . . . . Oh Lord
Perhaps Smart should have punched him.
OK fans an a$$ hat Smart still can't do that.

That's creepy af if that's the same dude and also, it's a whole lotta NOT A BIG DEAL. Oh no, fan made a semi-quasi-kind of profane gesture(s) at another game.. Sherlock Gottlieb over there.

Goes to show you, in this day and age, you never know when suddenly your life will be all over the place, whether you are personally posting information or it's found indirectly based on some freak incident like this.

Give him a 5 game suspension and move on.
Dude was just licking an imaginary 4 scoop ice cream cone from Sno-Top...with sprinkles.

That's probably his go to oral s e x move.