Marcus Smart Officially | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Smart Officially

Look, fans say things all the time. Players on opposing things all the time. Whatever was said to him, Jackie Robinson heard a lot worse. You just can't touch fans or refs.

amen. no debate necessary...

3 things could have happened there:

1. *most likely* fan calls him N bomb - gives him literally no excuse to go into crowd to shove. It insults every black athlete before him from Jordan to Malone in Utah to Ali to Ernie Davis/Jim Brown to Jackie Robinson to UTEP. smart is suspended 2-5 games
2. *least likely* fan threatens to murder smart and his family - smart is vindicated and doesnt deserve suspension
3. anything else said - smart suspended for season, drafted in 2nd round and banished to Europe for 2 years

Jeff helped them win that game. Tech foul sealed a game that was still anybody's to win.

3. anything else said - smart suspended for season, drafted in 2nd round and banished to Europe for 2 years

You don't honestly believe this do you?
The NBA???

Oh it gets better...

oh yeah... guy follows a 90% black team 35,000 miles in 1 season yet calls marcus smart N bomb and only Marcus Smart seems to care... :crazy:

amen. no debate necessary...

3 things could have happened there:

1. *most likely* fan calls him N bomb - gives him literally no excuse to go into crowd to shove. It insults every black athlete before him from Jordan to Malone in Utah to Ali to Ernie Davis/Jim Brown to Jackie Robinson to UTEP. smart is suspended 2-5 games
2. *least likely* fan threatens to murder smart and his family - smart is vindicated and doesnt deserve suspension
Lmao, if that fan threatened to murder Smart and his family...

Why would we assume he would call him the N word? He could have but he's apparently a Tech super fan which is a team full of black athletes as well.

You don't honestly believe this do you?
The NBA???

He is already dropping... If what was said to him was "you stink at basketball"

I could see it... kind of

Lmao, if that fan threatened to murder Smart and his family...

Why would we assume he would call him the N word? He could have but he's apparently a Tech super fan which is a team full of black athletes as well.

Im 100% with you

oh yeah... guy follows a 90% black team 35,000 miles in 1 season yet calls marcus smart N bomb and only Marcus Smart seems to care... :crazy:

I actually don't think he called him the N bomb at all after seeing those articles..not sure why you quoted my post.

I specifically said I thought he was like that Robin Ficker dude and thought it was funny he ended up having a youtube video and article about him

He is already dropping... If what was said to him was "you stink at basketball"

I could see it... kind of

Fab Melo was drafted in the 1st round.
FAB. MELO.

I actually don't think he called him the N bomb at all after seeing those articles..not sure why you quoted my post.

I specifically said I thought he was like that Robin Ficker dude and thought it was funny he ended up having a youtube video and article about him

i quoted your post because i think his quote at least somewhat vindicated him from probable cause.

the :crazy: wasnt meant to you, personally.

I have court side seats at the Dome. I chat with the refs standing in front of me all the time (never use bad language) , but have never said anything to an opposing player. Not even to Jeff Green when he landed in my lap one game. It just doesn't seem appropriate. They are guests in our house, and they should not get personal verbal abuse from fans lucky to sit near the court.

I cheer madly for SU players by name, but never say anything ad hominem out loud to the visitors.

Last edited:
Fab Melo was drafted in the 1st round.
FAB. MELO.

Fab never did what Smart did. He hurt his team because he was stupid.

Smart, on the other hand is hurting his and his teams reputation - which is 100x worse than anything Fab did.

Owners care about keeping fans in the arena.

He's losing money because he hasn't hit a jumpshot in a month.

NBA front offices wouldn't let a few isolated (admittedly, very ugly) incidents persuade them from taking a talented player who up until a week or two ago was considered a first-class, high character kid with an exceptional work ethic.

Jackie Robinson wrote the book on how to handle fans. If he did not run into the crowd and hit a fan nobody can. That is why I do not need to know what the fan said because it is irrelevant. He not only went into the stands (he was not in the actual stands when he got up) but he assaulted a fan who of course has every right to sue. Personally I suspend him indefinitely.

After Smart pushed the dude and walked back onto the court, he turned back to him and said "watch your ***** mouth man" then started pointing at him

I believe Texas Tech should get some penalties for this incident as well. They have made no efforts to control this fan who has shown to be a loose cannon and disrespectful to opponents in the past.

If he was going to shove him he should have just clocked the guy. The guy obviously needs to be put down a peg after seeing his full douchiness giving the ole to a college kid after making a shot. I understand the the students doing that kind of thing but for a middle aged man doing that is just as unacceptable IMO. Maybe the guy getting clocked would show that maybe you shouldn't cross lines without consequences.

I'm not advocating what Smart did by any means but these "super fans" just annoy the hell out of me. Super fans, you not bigger than the program, you're not any more important than another great fan, you're just like everybody else who is passionate about their team. The attention this guy gets, the quotes from coach Knight, the videos, etc etc probably blew this guys head up so much that he really think he has a free pass to do whatever the hell he wants which just isn't right.

Somebody should put his skank wife on a leash as well. I'm assuming this "super fan" said something highly inappropriate to Smart, I'm sure his wife didn't tell him to pipe down or stick her creepy finger in his face.

I have court side seats at the Dome. I chat with the refs all the time (never use bad language) , but have never said anything to an opposing player. Not even to Jeff Green when he landed in my lap one game. It just doesn't seem appropriate. They are guests in our house, and they should not get personal verbal abuse from fans lucky to sit hear the court.

I cheer madly for SU players by name, but never say anything ad hominem out loud to the visitors.

tell that to lebron. I have sat courtside at plenty of NBA games and have witnessed NBA owners and high end fans saying things to refs and players that would make Smart shrivel up and cry compared to whatever a Texas Tech super fan said.

I also heard a fan tell Charlie Villanueva he looked like a fetus (in the carrier dome) and watched Ed Pickney be constrained by other coaches from going into the crowd at the dome in pregame shootaround. Things are said... never an excuse to go into crowd.

FYI: Lebron got pissed at an Atl dentist sitting courtside at a playoff game... he didnt push the guy... he just went off for 40+ and kept staring at the guy

Last edited by a moderator: