Marek Dolezaj | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

My take is lazy? I watched every minute of tape on him in this thread.

Almighty figure? Sorry I didn't jump on board the bandwagon. I don't make my posts for likes, I post what I see and I really don't care what you or anybody else thinks.

Risk is fine, we have enough risk. We have a backup point guard who probably won't be ready in two years. We are using a scholarship on a guy not one P5 team wanted a year ago and who did nothing to show he went to another level with his game. Add in the risky 72 who will probably be sitting on the bench behind TT and Sidibe and we're looking at a lot of wasted space on a roster constructed by one proven basketball player and a bunch of freshman and unproven players.

Make your post attacking me and judging me to get your like count up, that's fine. I talk basketball and get mine the real way.
No one's attacking you. They're attacking your worthless, ill-informed, reflexively-negative opinions.

Insanely thin? He was in pictures I saw from a year or two ago.

But if you can believe web sites, he is listed at 195 pounds. He clearly has muscular arms. For comparison purposes, Tyler Lydon was 180 pounds in HS, 200 pounds at New Hampton and 210 his frosh year at SU. Looks to be very much on the same track as Tyler.

I doubt he will end up really jacked and 235 pounds, but he will never be a Louis Orr/Sean Williams/BMK type.

Eh. You can have muscular arms and be thin. He probably appears thinner just because he's as tall as he is.

Either way, yeah, he's thin for the level of ACC play. That's okay though. Many are at this age.

Eh. You can have muscular arms and be thin. He probably appears thinner just because he's as tall as he is.

Either way, yeah, he's thin for the level of ACC play. That's okay though. Many are at this age.

Brandon Ingram was and still is pretty thin. Not saying he is anything like him but body type is similar. I'd say marek has more muscle and meat on his bones then Ingram does.

I think this a solid addition to our roster and this kid has tremendous upside. But let's tone down some of these expectations and projections. I see him coming here and taking some time to adjust at first. He should contribute, but some have automatically put him in the starting line-up? If this kid was so talented he would be playing professionally for real money in Europe now. I like what we have seen and his potential but let's pump the brakes a little!

Brandon Ingram was and still is pretty thin. Not saying he is anything like him but body type is similar. I'd say marek has more muscle and meat on his bones then Ingram does.
I would agree

Help me out here. How does this work? He plays for an U18 team, fine. But he also plays for Karlovka, which looks like a professional team. So, he's what, an unpaid intern for them?

Hope there are no issues. Moreover, hope there are no 'flags' that delay his admissions/aclimitization/practicing with the team/etc. I kinda think he's going to be a gem in a year or two. He's used to playing against 25 year olds...

FWIW this kid is already 19 and will be close to 20 by the time he takes the floor here for us. Let's hope his game is as developed as his age for a college freshman.
didn't realize that about his age - good point

FWIW this kid is already 19 and will be close to 20 by the time he takes the floor here for us. Let's hope his game is as developed as his age for a college freshman.

This worked okay for us with MCW and Malachi.

He actually turned 19 last month. According to my math, he won't be 20 until after he has completed his freshman season in college.

Assuming he plays college ball...

This should give a decent barometer of the quality of Pro league Dolezaj played for in Europe

there were 3 Americans in the league's Top 10 in scoring and where they went to College

#4 Phil Henry 16.9 ppg Eastern New Mexico University
#6 Andre Jones 16.1 ppg Winthrop
#7 Evan Singletary 16.1 ppg Albany

Dolezaj averaged 10 ppg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online