Marek Dolezaj | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

The same Instagram post with a question mark?
lost.jpg

This dude is insanely thin right now but also insanely lengthy. He's definitely over 6'8" and quite athletic based on some clips I saw of him throwing down windmills and between the legs dunks. I get a lot of people can dunk but there is a lot of potential here based on his frame.

Insanely thin? He was in pictures I saw from a year or two ago.

But if you can believe web sites, he is listed at 195 pounds. He clearly has muscular arms. For comparison purposes, Tyler Lydon was 180 pounds in HS, 200 pounds at New Hampton and 210 his frosh year at SU. Looks to be very much on the same track as Tyler.

I doubt he will end up really jacked and 235 pounds, but he will never be a Louis Orr/Sean Williams/BMK type.

He looks good in Orange!

I know we are sort of on the verge of losing our minds with respect to recruiting. But can we all just step back and enjoy the pure absurdity of it all for one second. Just everything about all of it so awesome. The tweet from some hoops twitter account in eastern Europe. The "likely" from Zags, the "99% and I talked to him a couple of hours ago" guy jordville somehow found on the Slovakian version of MySpace. Then as a cherry on top is this picture that showed up someplace (instagram?), that couldn't be more Soviet-Bloc-meets-Cuse-Recruiting-Insanity. Everything from the absurd low quality of it, the reference to "cusenationnews" (which I have never heard of before in my life), the question mark, even the look on his face in the picture says "yeah maybe I committed, but an equal possibly is that I'm being held against my will by Croatian arms dealers." It is just truly entertaining and awesome.

I know we are sort of on the verge of losing our minds with respect to recruiting. But can we all just step back and enjoy the pure absurdity of it all for one second. Just everything about all of it so awesome. The tweet from some hoops twitter account in eastern Europe. The "likely" from Zags, the "99% and I talked to him a couple of hours ago" guy jordville somehow found on the Slovakian version of MySpace. Then as a cherry on top is this picture that showed up someplace (instagram?), that couldn't be more Soviet-Bloc-meets-Cuse-Recruiting-Insanity. Everything from the absurd low quality of it, the reference to "cusenationnews" (which I have never heard of before in my life), the question mark, even the look on his face in the picture says "yeah maybe I committed, but an equal possibly is that I'm being held against my will by Croatian arms dealers." It is just truly entertaining and awesome.
It is crazy.

On an related note, according to my trusty Slovak to English translator, the name Dolezaj is pronounced

Doe la zigh

So the j at the end is pronounced like an i.

Any Slovaks around to confirm this?

This dude is insanely thin right now but also insanely lengthy. He's definitely over 6'8" and quite athletic based on some clips I saw of him throwing down windmills and between the legs dunks. I get a lot of people can dunk but there is a lot of potential here based on his frame.
Agreed. I generally don't like the "he looks just like ..." comps but the ones about AK47 appear accurate

It is crazy.

On an related note, according to my trusty Slovak to English translator, the name Dolezaj is pronounced

Doe la zigh

Yep, that would be the correct pronunciation. I'm sure ESPN will do an excellent job with that...

There's been a couple good nickname suggestions, but I will need some serious rationale from everyone if we don't go with Dolemite.
Not DoleMarek?

It is crazy.

Doe la zigh

From this day forward, I shall refer to him as "Sky High" Dolezaj.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom