Marek Dolezaj | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

So happy right now...

l760363484.jpg

"I chose Syracuse because I felt the most comfortable with their style of play and how they develop wings," Dolezaj said. "Coach [Adrian] Autry came to see me in Slovakia and that meant a lot to me."
Awesome!!! Now let's make it official with Thorpe and get them all on campus. Beautiful.

the general consensus is that he is a SF, but I think probably a combo forward in the Syracuse system.

Now, given that he is listed on his Eurobasket site as a SG . . . does he functionally fill 3 slots for us? That is huge for a team still struggling with scholarship limitations (even though that 3rd position - PF - is not one of need)

Will he be, if necessary, the 4th guard? And, if so, does that negate the need for someone like Thorpe (and in the reverse, does it make SU look less appealing to a 5th year in search of guaranteed PT)

possible depth chart
PG Howard, Washington
SG Battle, Howard, Dolezaj
SF Dolezaj, Battle, (Moyer, Brisset)
PF Thompson, Moyer, Brisset, Dolezaj
C Chukwu, Sidibe, Thompson (acknowledge that Thompson may end up being first in this rotation)

I think this is a great get! Good job staff and Red!
Remarkable to get a player of this quality so late.

It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the US style of play and how he develops over time.

It is a shame he is unlikely to stay more than a couple of years because I bet 4 years down the road, he will be really really good.

I will settle for 10 ppg, 5 rpg and 2 apg as a frosh. I think that is a reasonable expectation for him, especially if he really is already 195 pounds. That last article listed him at 175, which would make it a lot harder for him to be productive immediately.

Last edited:

It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to the US style of play and how he develops over time.

It is a shame he is unlikely to stay more than a couple of years because I bet 4 years down the road, he will be really really good.

I will settle for 10 ppg, 5 rpg and 2 apg as a frosh. I think that is a reasonable expectation for him, especially if he really is already 195 pounds. That last article listed him at 175, which would make it a lot harder for him to be producible immediately.

Spot on, Tomcat.

Woohoo

Now we have to wait and hope there are no clearinghouse issues. Hopefully, he can get to campus sometime this summer to get situated and know the team.

Let's also hope that outside shot is ready to go this year.

I will settle for 10 ppg, 5 rpg and 2 apg as a frosh. I think that is a reasonable expectation for him, especially if he really is already 195 pounds. That last article listed him at 175, which would make it a lot harder for him to be producible immediately.

Nice assessment. Hope you are right with the projected numbers. I'd take it in a heartbeat. If he does need some extra weight, I have some he can have. Wait - is that an illegal benefit??

This is a REALLY good sign about Red's recruiting acumen, and ability to drive one through completion. A much needed sign, IMO.
Red IMO had earned full confidence as a recruiter.

I don't think many were really worried about him. He just showed though why he was made Hop's replacement though as lead assistant and AHC.

I will settle for 10 ppg, 5 rpg and 2 apg as a frosh. I think that is a reasonable expectation for him, especially if he really is already 195 pounds. That last article listed him at 175, which would make it a lot harder for him to be productive immediately.
10, 5 and 1 would not be too far off Tyler Lydon's freshman numbers (10, 6 and 1 plus 1.8 blocks) and I agree are a reasonable expectation

We have a lot of potential at the forward spot. Need someone to emerge as a consistent threat to drill 3's from that position. I'm confident someone will be able to keep defenses honest.

If we get Thorpe, we might have enough shooting. I do think we have enough guys who can get to the rim if defenses have to respect our shooters.

Good get. Now hopefully Dolezaj gets to campus ASAP. He needs to get acclimated, even moreso than most freshmen. I wish Daniels asked him if he has a planned arrival date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom