Marek next year | Syracusefan.com

Marek next year

1591487873050.png

I love marek. He has HUGH heart. Always hustling. Gives his body up for the team. I get so excited when he goes coast to coast and scores.
My only thing is that I do not like him playing the 5. I know it has been out of necessity. He is better suited for the four and occasional the three. Hopefully this season we have enough depth at the 5 that he can just play his natural position for his size (wt) and skill set.

I love marek. He has HUGH heart. Always hustling. Gives his body up for the team. I get so excited when he goes coast to coast and scores.
My only thing is that I do not like him playing the 5. I know it has been out of necessity. He is better suited for the four and occasional the three. Hopefully this season we have enough depth at the 5 that he can just play his natural position for his size (wt) and skill set.
With the depth we have at the 5 he will be the break glass in case of an emergency center.

If he becomes a better shooter he has a chance to be really good. Not being good shooters really limits both Marek and Guerriers game. I hope they are both working hard on their shooting skills this off season.

Nice player but I feel he’s peaked already. He is what ge
Is and in three years he has never been better at shooting or gotten any bigger. I think he gets too many minutes and also feel Braswell should be getting just as many as he does but that’s just my perspective.

HUGH heart?
Guess that depends on which HUGH?

Grant? Eh, not so great - he may be even skinnier than Marek.

Jackman? Now we’re talking.
Wolverine. My daughter & her friends call him Huge JackedMan. ;)

Can you imagine if Dolemite came back looking SWOLE like that?
He’d be throat-kicking fools on the breakaway like Dungey. :p

Not to put slight cold water but what should be expected of a guy with this career:

5.8pts/4.8rebs
4.1pts/3.5rebs
10.4pts/6.4rebs

He could just as easily have the same numbers in less mins this season. Or if he wants to be all-conference he certainly has the talent to be 15/7 type guy. He's still a mystery to me even after three seasons.

Is and in three years he has never been better at shooting or gotten any bigger. I think he gets too many minutes and also feel Braswell should be getting just as many as he does but that’s just my perspective.
I’m not even sure Robert’s parents agree with you on this perspective.

If he ever was allowed to take 10-15 shots a game and got the green light, he would be a completely different player. Hard to score when you’re behind about 700 shots of Buddy, Eli and JG3. I have a feeling that changes this year and he gets more shots up

Im not sure if he has peaked. I actually expect a very good year from him IF he doesn't have to play center. I believe the physical tool he takes at the 5 saps him for O. Playing the 4 on D is much better suited for Marek. I also think that he will play better if he gets a couple of 3-5 minute breaks each half.

Offense is much improved with Marek at the center position. He is 6'9" or 6'10' isn't he? Defense, not so much.

Im not sure if he has peaked. I actually expect a very good year from him IF he doesn't have to play center. I believe the physical tool he takes at the 5 saps him for O. Playing the 4 on D is much better suited for Marek. I also think that he will play better if he gets a couple of 3-5 minute breaks each half.

what more do you expect from him lol? I don’t see any bump whatsoever he never had a high ceiling. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he is valuable but give those minutes to braswell and I’m sure you’d have a better shooter and possibly rebounder

what more do you expect from him lol? I don’t see any bump whatsoever he never had a high ceiling. Doesn’t mean I don’t think he is valuable but give those minutes to braswell and I’m sure you’d have a better shooter and possibly rebounder
So you think braswell is a better shooter and rebounder then marek?

If he could add the 3pt shot and be a threat there, that’d be big

If he could add the 3pt shot and be a threat there, that’d be big

And - it’s not like he can’t shoot from 3.
He did so fairly proficiently two seasons ago.
The injury he suffered (that made him miss Italy trip & playing w his National team) really set his shooting back early last year.

And then after that, he (like Q) had a big RED light to shoot from outside.

Here’s hoping they both come back 100% healthy, and able to perform up to their highest standards.

All that said - I still like Bras.
Think (if healthy) he can be DirtySouth 2.0 for us, with his bounce, length, and shooting.

35+ PPG from the frontline next year? I think so.
Plus 35 from the 1 and 2 and a dozen from the 3. 80 points a game would make the Orange a scary team for the rest of the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom