Marek will NOT play in Italy (and other observations from Rothstein) | Syracusefan.com

Marek will NOT play in Italy (and other observations from Rothstein)

Will he travel with the team?

In my opinion, this isn’t good. It’s now 3 years in a row that Marek has missed meshing with teammates over the summer. (If I recall I don’t think he came in the summer before his frosh year but I of course could be wrong) With all the new parts to this team and this great opportunity to build chemistry, work on their roles, get a head start on possible lineups etc , I think not having Marek is a loss. Hoping that he attends the events with his teammates despite not being able to play.

In my opinion, this isn’t good. It’s now 3 years in a row that Marek has missed meshing with teammates over the summer. (If I recall I don’t think he came in the summer before his frosh year but I of course could be wrong) With all the new parts to this team and this great opportunity to build chemistry, work on their roles, get a head start on possible lineups etc , I think not having Marek is a loss. Hoping that he attends the events with his teammates despite not being able to play.
He is the one to worry abut least. Guy could walk into any game and make the right play

He is the one to worry abut least. Guy could walk into any game and make the right play

I’m not doubting his talents nor his own intangibles but team chemistry, players working hard for playing time and allowing his new teammates to know his game and strengths/weaknesses I would think is important too.

If we get more shots each game, it could be a good season. Rebounding, steals, turnovers.

If this is the starting 5, we will have some major fire power off the bench. Girard, QG, Braswell, Edwards, Goodine all off the bench!? My goodness... I can already see the Braswell is getting Boeheimed and QG is going to transfer or go pro early because of PT posts. Can't wait.

My prediction, not that I know anything about anything. Dolezaj or Sidibe comes of the bench and QG slides into the starting lineup at the 4. I don't see JB trusting Sidibe to start the 5 all year and centers historically don't do great as freshmen because they struggle to backstop the zone.

If this is the starting 5, we will have some major fire power off the bench. Girard, QG, Braswell, Edwards, Goodine all off the bench!? My goodness... I can already see the Braswell is getting Boeheimed and QG is going to transfer or go pro early because of PT posts. Can't wait.

My prediction, not that I know anything about anything. Dolezaj or Sidibe comes of the bench and QG slides into the starting lineup at the 4. I don't see JB trusting Sidibe to start the 5 all year and centers historically don't do great as freshmen because they struggle to backstop the zone.

Sid will start and pick up a quick foul or two.

Marek slides over to the 5, and QG plays a lot.

I think he showed up late his freshman year because he was a late commit and had to get cleared by the NCAA? I could be completely wrong on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom