Mario Cristobal to Miami | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Mario Cristobal to Miami

Or the kids coming into the program are being overrated by the recruiting services, and the kids committed to the program get an overinflated value of what they actually are based off past players performance

Florida high school football had more NFL draft picks than any other state in 2021 and 2019 and they had third most in 2020.

The talent is there and what recruiting services rank them at is irrelevant when it comes to on field results. College coaches have their own prospect boards and evaluations and if Cristobal can leverage the Florida grassroots football network, which it sounds like will be quite supportive, he’ll get his share of the right guys.

Id love Joe to crush it next year and come take over for The Dino

Florida high school football had more NFL draft picks than any other state in 2021 and 2019 and they had third most in 2020.

The talent is there and what recruiting services rank them at is irrelevant when it comes to on field results. College coaches have their own prospect boards and evaluations and if Cristobal can leverage the Florida grassroots football network, which it sounds like will be quite supportive, he’ll get his share of the right guys.
It isn't just recruiting though - somebody has to coach em' up. Cristobal hasn't shown much ability in that department.

Trying to think of the guys who went from P5 coach to G5 coach (knowing Moorhead has the P5 OC stop in between).

Solich - I think it was a life choice for him, one he surely doesn't regret after Nebraska dumping him.

Kiffin - Had to build things back up, but he's one of a kind. Also had the P5 OC in between.

Petrino - Had to build it back up due to scandal.

It can work, but I think Kiffin and Petrino had easier G5 jobs to make an impact than Akron.

Maybe he just wants to take the Solich route and get out of the rat race.
One of the Bowdens was at Akron not too long ago. Didn't work out well for him. Tough place to win.

The dino being unable to get a decent to good oc is a bit much, any g5 or lower coach will likely take the job for financial reasons if offered with a all acc running back coming back. We really need to hit the portal for DL and a stud WR more than anything

The dino being unable to get a decent to good oc is a bit much, any g5 or lower coach will likely take the job for financial reasons if offered with a all acc running back coming back. We really need to hit the portal for DL and a stud WR more than anything
Most G5 and FCS teams with good Os have a HC who is an O guy. How do you pick one of those OCs without knowing how much is the HC and how much is the OC? That is a huge gamble. We need an OC with P5 experience who slips through the head coaching carousel cracks. Otherwise Dino should be the OC.

It isn't just recruiting though - somebody has to coach em' up. Cristobal hasn't shown much ability in that department.

When I say Cristobal will do well at Miami I don’t mean he’ll have them in the CFP every year. I think he’ll have them consistently challenging for a conference championship.

The Costal isn’t murderers row and if he’s recruiting a high level of talent I think he’s a good enough coach to have Miami up at the top. Which means they’ll be playing for a conference championship much, much more than they have the last 10+ years.

Most G5 and FCS teams with good Os have a HC who is an O guy. How do you pick one of those OCs without knowing how much is the HC and how much is the OC? That is a huge gamble. We need an OC with P5 experience who slips through the head coaching carousel cracks. Otherwise Dino should be the OC.
you do research and if its the head coach you offer him if its the coordinator you go after the coordinator

you do research and if its the head coach you offer him if its the coordinator you go after the coordinator
A G5 HC is not leaving to become OC at SU with Dino on the hot seat. FCS maybe.

When I say Cristobal will do well at Miami I don’t mean he’ll have them in the CFP every year. I think he’ll have them consistently challenging for a conference championship.

The Costal isn’t murderers row and if he’s recruiting a high level of talent I think he’s a good enough coach to have Miami up at the top. Which means they’ll be playing for a conference championship much, much more than they have the last 10+ years.
Certainly possible but I'm probably not as high on Cristobal as you are. He's 62-60 for his career. Supposedly recruited well at Oregon and had plenty of talent this season yet got smoked 2x by Utah and somehow lost to a pitiful Stanford squad. He's not this must have guy that the U needs to open the vault for imo.

Certainly possible but I'm probably not as high on Cristobal as you are. He's 62-60 for his career. Supposedly recruited well at Oregon and had plenty of talent this season yet got smoked 2x by Utah and somehow lost to a pitiful Stanford squad. He's not this must have guy that the U needs to open the vault for imo.

All of that is fair and it sounds like I am a little higher on Cristobal than you are. A bigger factor though isn’t so much how highly I think of Cristobal but really a lot more of I just don’t think the Coastal is very good. Without doing research I think it probably is one of the worst divisions in the P5. UNC is recruiting better but who else is that big of an obstacle?

And I do think if you give Cristobal a team that has a talent advantage, some good coordinators and a manageable schedule he’ll win enough to have Miami in position to win the Coastal more often than not, which is a big upgrade over what that program has done lately.

So has Manny Diaz been notified yet that he’s not being retained? Imagine what he must be thinking seeing all of this news. He’ll obviously walk away with a lot of money, but this is such a bush league move by Miami.

On the bright side, Manny Diaz can now take the Temple job that he once held for an hour before Miami came calling.

We all would just we we all wanted to go to more than 1 bowl game the last six years.

I read this somewhere, and agree with it, that part of what hurts Miami recruiting (even thought it helps someone like Pitt) is sharing a stadium with the NFL team.

In Pittsburgh, they still get fairly good crowds, students have a relatively short trip. 4 miles.

Miami just gets no one to Hard Rock. 20+miles away, takes about 40 minutes. Students have no interest and only go to a big game.

They need to do what UCF did and build something closer to, or on campus, wherever they can find room. Doesn't have to be 80k capacity.
e
They had plenty of success sharing the old orange bowl and it had almost no parking.

e
They had plenty of success sharing the old orange bowl and it had almost no parking.

A lot closer to campus though. Had a better student section I’m sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom