Marrone out | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone out

You would think none of these guys have ever seen "Draft Day" before. Head coaches do not make draft picks. Head coaches that Have Tom Coughlin as EVP of Football Operations and Dave Caldwell as GM are even more removed from the draft process. I'm not saying Marrone did not have any input but the draft picks were TC all the way. It was also TC that drove away players like Ramsey, Dante Fowler, Ngakoue and others. And then there is also this from 2019:

"The NFLPA took the unusual step of publicly warning free agents against signing with the Jaguars because of Coughlin's reported disregard for player rights. According to the NFLPA, over 25 percent of player grievances in the past two seasons had been filed against the Jaguars."

Marrone is obviously not blameless but TC must have been a pleasure to coach under too.
And at Buffalo he had Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley picking EJ in the first round and trading 2 first round picks for a wr.

Right, wasn't he supposed to have a heart attack at any moment in like 2004?

I'm sorry, I shouldn't joke about things like that.
I married into the Gator world.

It'll be interesting to see to see how he does when he doesn't have a huge talent advantage. I get that he was successful at Utah and Bowling Green, but the NFL is a different animal.

Last edited:
If a guy throws to wide open recievers all of the time, it's hard to know how he'll do when they aren't wide open. It doesn't mean he can't. It just means he didn't have to before. So yeah, if he played in a "worse" offense that forced him to demonstrate his off the chart tools more, maybe he goes higher. Again, it's not like he went low. He was 10th overall.

There have been other guys with off the chart tools that busted. And guys that flashed then got hurt because they were small. Maybe Robert Griffin is to blame. It's hard to project QBs. Aaron Rodgers dropped farther than him. So did Dan Marino. I guess they were biased against their offenses too.

Sort of like that guy Brady. Picked in the sixth round. Whatever happened to him?

It'll be interesting to see to see how he does when he doesn't have a huge talent advantage. I get that he was successful at Utah and Bowling Green, but the NFL is a different animal.
Its all about getting the qb, had Had the Phins taken Brees, Saban is still there and there is no dynasty at Bama.

Wow. From HC of an NFL team to OL coach of a college team.
and working with his good buddy ( BOB) and under Saban. I doubt he's worried about much; other than enjoying the work at this point. I would imagine he O'Brien might be looking to work together as well down the road.

and working with his good buddy ( BOB) and under Saban. I doubt he's worried about much; other than enjoying the work at this point. I would imagine he O'Brien might be looking to work together as well down the road.

Not a surprise, wish they were coming here.

Watch Patricia end up there as well