Marrone out | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone out

Saban and Belichick aren’t retiring for another 4-5 years.
And whenever Saban retires then Dabo gets the first call.
Whether he feels the urge to take the job will be the question.

It will be like Roy Williams at Kansas when UNC came calling the second time.

Alabama is just obscene with the guys they can hire. Completely unfair. We should tax the rich. ;-)

Except the part where he literally lied about his intentions and played games with the fan base and recruits before leaving after being on the cusp of finally ... finally constructing a stable foundation this program so desperately needed and still needs

So I guess you don’t like Babers either because he did that to come to SU as will the next coach whenever that happens.

Alabama gets the best players and has an amazing staff. That’s tough to beat.

College football is dumb. Yet here I am constantly posting about it. So I'm dumb too. I'll own it.

71z8buFwtEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Dream job doesn’t mean dream scenario.
It’s already been posted about the handcuffs that FHCDM and the good doctor had on, which led to a majority of the promised made to Doug not happen. He made us respectable during the time he was here. This dream job stuff is way overblown.
If Doug wanted to come back, it should be a no brainer. At least with Doug you would end up with consistency. We need to win every year not 1 in 5.

No proof? Check out the records, check out who has been in the NFL, check out bowl records...

Alright

HCRecordsBowl RecordsIn NFLFiredCFB Strength of Schedule (0 is avg)
Marrone63-85 (.426)2-0Yes20.54
Babers42-45 (.483)2-0NoNIL2.50

I don't know. Doesn't seem 100% better

So Doug will be out on the recruiting trail again. Now he can make "take it or leave it" offers to 4* and 5* players and be successful at it.

Alright

This is an awesome debate in that it is ridiculous.

Marrone took over from ... Greg Robinson, pre-ACC.

Babers took over for a failed Marrone DC, in the ACC and fascinatingly had one of the top five seasons ever, then one of the three worst.

Saying who did better or who should be the coach is like what was worse, Mike Vick not coming here or Syracuse Basketball probation a few years back.

I’ll say this if Doug Marrone could have gotten the level of recruits that a school like Maryland gets i think he would have stayed here.
Maryland doesn’t even get the top talent in its conference but they get enough 4 star talent to supplement there 3 stars that Marrone could have done some damage here.

We couldn’t get Brandon Coleman and Marrone went hard after him and used Rob Moore hard in that recruitment and we couldn’t get him because of facilities.

If we had the current facilities I think recruiting would still be tough but we could get more talent.

It was recruiting and support that were the nails in DM at SU.

People can dislike him as he is surly but he did a good job here.

Alright

What's with the 2 under fired?

So Doug will be out on the recruiting trail again. Now he can make "take it or leave it" offers to 4* and 5* players and be successful at it.

Proof please that’s what he did? Not one recruit ever indicated that’s how he recruited.

Cry more about him leaving. So pathetic.

Alright

It’s weird. You always harp on other people that they aren’t including context to their argument yet here you are doing the same thing.

They didn’t take over programs even close to being at the same point. As much as you try to ignore that.

Again, this weird thing where talking about Marrone in a positive way you take as some attack against Babers is... odd.

I couldn’t remember if he got fired from both NFL jobs
Why would you think that? His last season in Buffalo was their first winning season in nine years, and they didn’t have another one for another couple of years after that.

this is the first time he’s been let go in his career

you want to crap on somebody for no good reason at least get your facts straight

Congrats, Baloney King.
Still not sure why people are still mad at this point.
Bygones

Proof please that’s what he did? Not one recruit ever indicated that’s how he recruited.

Cry more about him leaving. So pathetic.
Qdawgg, please. It's just conversation, not war.
In his own words, Doug was frustrated with recruiting kids who didn't appreciate the value of an SU offer. Now he won't have to face that obstacle, since everyone recruited by Alabama is honored to be in their sights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom