Marrone out | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone out

Reports are Marrone will be in Tuscaloosa today and meeting with staff. No word on if/when anything will be made official. BoB still hasn’t been announced but he’s been out recruiting and fully moved into an office there.
BoB May be a candidate for the Tennessee job. He would be stupid to burn Saban like that. I also bet he has Saban’s blessing since it would be a HC job.

BoB May be a candidate for the Tennessee job. He would be stupid to burn Saban like that. I also bet he has Saban’s blessing since it would be a HC job.
Then Doug is Sabans back up plan at OC if BoB bolts for Rocky Top?

Then Doug is Sabans back up plan at OC if BoB bolts for Rocky Top?
I think it’s Adam Gaze.

Marrone is fine as OL coach. This a working vacation slash coaching restart with him.

Marrone will get a ring in Tuscaloosa and maybe join an NFL staff where he see a head coach kinda on the hot seat like he did with Jacksonville and that is kinda his backdoor way if he wants a chance at another NFL HC job.

I think it’s Adam Gaze.

Marrone is fine as OL coach. This a working vacation slash coaching restart with him.

Marrone will get a ring in Tuscaloosa and maybe join an NFL staff where he see a head coach kinda on the hot seat like he did with Jacksonville and that is kinda his backdoor way if he wants a chance at another NFL HC job.
He is a known top flight OL coach in the NFL, wouldn't he get one of those positions now. Something else is going on that is not apparent. I do believe that Saban is coming to the end at Bama. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that want's to stay too long.

That may end up happening but I don’t know if I’m BoB that I’d view that as a better move. Tenn seems like a chaotic mess with all the self reported violations, guys transferring out, and not having an AD.

At Bama he can work with his best friend Marrone and probably get paid 7 figures to run an offense together for a couple years where they’ll have a big talent advantage each time out and then get to pick a better head job that comes along with less baggage.

Reactions: 007
That may end up happening but I don’t know if I’m BoB that I’d view that as a better move. Tenn seems like a chaotic mess with all the self reported violations, guys transferring out, and not having an AD.

At Bama he can work with his best friend Marrone and probably get paid 7 figures to run an offense together for a couple years where they’ll have a big talent advantage each time out and then get to pick a better head job that comes along with less baggage.
If you UT wants him, they will offer him a huge sum of money.

He is a known top flight OL coach in the NFL, wouldn't he get one of those positions now. Something else is going on that is not apparent. I do believe that Saban is coming to the end at Bama. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that want's to stay too long.
There's nothing else going on. It's Doug Marrone. Aside from pointless bitterness on this board, Marrone is a decent guy.

No one who goes to Bama from a previous big spot stays too long. It's how they operate there.

And Brian Daboll went from being an OC to the Patriots to Alabama, where he stayed for one year before going to the Bills. Sark spent a year at Alabama before going to the Falcons. I'm sure there's others, just naming who comes to mind.

There's nothing else going on. It's Doug Marrone. Aside from pointless bitterness on this board, Marrone is a decent guy.

No one who goes to Bama from a previous big spot stays too long. It's how they operate there.

And Brian Daboll went from being an OC to the Patriots to Alabama, where he stayed for one year before going to the Bills. Sark spent a year at Alabama before going to the Falcons. I'm sure there's others, just naming who comes to mind.
These guys were both NFL head coaches, just taking notice.

Coaches say stuff all the time, change jobs all the time. If anyone thought Doug would be at Syracuse forever well I don't know what to tell you. The issue is that fans want coaches to stay when they win and after a bad season or 2 they want them fired. The issue is that if a coach is going to stay a long term, there has to be a give and take, loyalty by those hiring and firing when times are tough and loyalty by the coach when times are good. This really doesn't happen anymore. It just doesn't.

I am not sure Dino's loyalty after 2018 was by default but with a 5-7 season in 2019 there weren't many options and after 2020 well he's probably fighting for his job this season. Now if he rights the ship the next two seasons I am curious as to what that looks like.

My point is I agree with your post, I am sure Doug always thought of being the HC at Syracuse in an extremely favorable light. It was his first HC job as well. Dreams versus Reality are two different things He also got a HC job in the NFL, tough to say no to. Not that complicated. Doug also hated his boss.
If Marrone was still head coach at syracuse he would be one of the longest serving coaches in the FBS. Saban is at Alabama and he started 2 years before Doug did at SU.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
I'm saying that Saban is probably telling the people at ALA that he will be getting on in a year or two and they want an NFL experienced coach in the organization to take over at that point. Saban had NFL coaching experience and that has worked out quite well for them.

Oh god, cry that a guy called something his dream job, then left for better opportunities after not getting the support he expected.

Please leave your address so I can mail you some tissues. Holy crap, this is a football board. Toughen up.
CuseRunner is an enormous drama Queen.

I'm saying that Saban is probably telling the people at ALA that he will be getting on in a year or two and they want an NFL experienced coach in the organization to take over at that point. Saban had NFL coaching experience and that has worked out quite well for them.

Yes, because he wants to engage in his numerous hobbies and interests outside football...

Marrone wouldn't be the guy.

Yes, because he wants to engage in his numerous hobbies and interests outside football...
He seems more like Jimmy Johnson than a Bowden or Paterno. What's the wife want?

It’s absolutely insane that TWO 2020 NFL HC’s, will be Alabama assistants in 2021.

The football world has completely just gone bonkers. The brain power in those offices as they plan for their next jobs is just insane.

With their talent, I would not expect Alabama to even be in jeopardy of losing any games.

imagine being Eli Drinkwitz or Sam Pittman getting your team prepared for an Alabama tilt. “Here we go boys, buck up, big week!” Adios

Saban doesn't strike me as a guy is ready to hang them up.