Marrone to BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone to BC

I loveeeee Fran, he is most definitely a new age coach butttt. Man I would’ve been over the moon with Bill O’Brien. Oh well it’s better for everyone if our conference improves. I would love for acc teams to start whipping big ten and sec squads.
Are you serious? You win with players. Fran gets players. Let's see what BOB can do at B.C.? They don't let anyone in.

Are you serious? You win with players. Fran gets players. Let's see what BOB can do at B.C.? They don't let anyone in.
I mean bill kept Penn state alive in a very difficult situation, Doug seemed to be the only one that knew how to get the ball rolling here, it would’ve been interesting if he was involved still when gross was let go, I think there would’ve definitely been a much different story written for su. Again love Fran, the guys a stud. He is exactly what we need right now and is such a perfect fit for su. Dino was always so close to cracking the code but severely lacking in some avenue ( cough hey o line/ game decisions) . but these are both proven veterans. What I stated is not even remotely questionable. the acc being a better conference is good for everybody. I’m not saying they will stomp us every year, but bill is a formidable hire on bc’s part.

Seems like a cushy job and a chance to make some easy money while working with a friend. If he’s an analyst I guess he’s not required to do much recruiting. Nowhere near the pressure in the NFL. Good opportunity for Doug.

I’m aware this is irrational but it still feels like a betrayal.

Love Marrone for his tenure at SU.

More excited to see what Fran can do and how much he harkens back to the halcyon days of P & D.

Here’s hoping Doug The Analyst can convince O’Brien to punt every time they stall out around our 40 (especially in the 4th quarter)!

I mean bill kept Penn state alive in a very difficult situation, Doug seemed to be the only one that knew how to get the ball rolling here, it would’ve been interesting if he was involved still when gross was let go, I think there would’ve definitely been a much different story written for su. Again love Fran, the guys a stud. He is exactly what we need right now and is such a perfect fit for su. Dino was always so close to cracking the code but severely lacking in some avenue ( cough hey o line/ game decisions) . but these are both proven veterans. What I stated is not even remotely questionable. the acc being a better conference is good for everybody. I’m not saying they will stomp us every year, but bill is a formidable hire on bc’s part.
Coaching at the state school of Penn is not the toughest gig to come down the pike. They will probably never be bad. Haven't seen much success form the guy since then. Let's see how he can recuit at B.C..

Doug Marrone is a very good OL coach, but doesn’t like recruiting.

He can definitely create a smart game plan but imo his real strength is maximizing talent from the OL.
Since analysts in CFB aren’t allowed to coach players on the field it just feels like they are underutilizing Doug’s skills.

You think Doug will be recruiting with an analyst title? I highly doubt he’s even in Boston full time, maybe during the season but thats about it. People forget that both Doug‘s and BOB’s wife are BC alumni.
I doubt it. He hates recruiting.

Why? Is he Shomer Shabbos?
The Big Lebowski Reaction GIF

Hopefully BC will have some road grader who can’t pass block and will be good for a couple personal fouls a game…
bill obrien is an excellent coach--marrone was a good hire to build with. i would not underestimate this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom