Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

The Bills quit on him. Whaley knew well that getting rid of Marrone's co-ordinators would force him out. Real clever that Whaley. Maybe you'll shut up when the Jags go deep in the playoffs next year.

Wait, what? When was Whaley getting rid of Marrone's coordinators? Did I miss something?

and there you have it kids, less than 24 hours after its released that st doug is the jax coach (he hasn't even had the intro presser yet!!)...the board has the jags 'deep into the playoffs next year'
Douglas can get them to 7-9 or 8-8 but they aren't making the playoffs unless their QB is somebody good.
That division is getting better
Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota, Houston Texans JJ Watt/Clowney.

Don't we have a dude on the board that's drinkin buddies with the owner of the Jags? Where's his insight on this?

Douglas can get them to 7-9 or 8-8 but they aren't making the playoffs unless their QB is somebody good.
That division is getting better
Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota, Houston Texans JJ Watt/Clowney.
Bortles is 100 times better than what he had at Buffalo.

the numbers don't show that. qb rating right in line with manuel, orton, and thad lewis.

bortles is better than Jeff tuel who marrone loved for some strange reason

The Bills quit on him. Whaley knew well that getting rid of Marrone's co-ordinators would force him out. Real clever that Whaley. Maybe you'll shut up when the Jags go deep in the playoffs next year.
What makes you think Whaley wanted to get rid of Marrone's coordinators?

that's news to me too and I pay attention to the bills.
They were not going to give contracts to Doug's assistants. That is what he asked for, 2 year extentions for his assistants so their contracts ended the same time as his , they said no. You know as well as I that there was a power struggle with the new owners and Whaley is better at schmoozing than Doug , so Mrs. Pegula sided with the cute guy.

Bortles is the definition of a garbage time stat guy.
Check out Bortles’ career stats by quarter:

First quarter: 1,598 yards, 4 touchdowns
Second quarter: 2,356 yards, 15 touchdowns
Third quarter: 1,912 yards, 13 touchdowns
Fourth quarter: 3,364 yards 26 touchdowns
Blake Bortles is the king of garbage time stat padding

He sucks. Jacksonville should have a new QB.

Bortles is the definition of a garbage time stat guy.
Check out Bortles’ career stats by quarter:

First quarter: 1,598 yards, 4 touchdowns
Second quarter: 2,356 yards, 15 touchdowns
Third quarter: 1,912 yards, 13 touchdowns
Fourth quarter: 3,364 yards 26 touchdowns
Blake Bortles is the king of garbage time stat padding

He sucks. Jacksonville should have a new QB.

Maybe I am just bitter because he was my fantasy qb this year, but ya, I don't think he is a franchise qb.

To me it shows a team stuck at 8-8.

Pats gave Marrone a mulligan.

Stick with Rex and Tyrod and do your announcements after the season, the Bills probably beat the lowly Jets.

There are worse places to be stuck.

tend to agree, I don't think either were horrible but I wouldn't call either exceptional either. Marrone will get Jags to where the rest of the division is for sure, I don't see much more than that. He's a lot like his buddy BOB. Good coaches for sure but how good not really that good

Prediction time. Jacksonville will do well next year and the board haters will give all the credit to his DC and to TC.

It was what he asked for.

That was a he said, she said situation that no one confirmed. What is 100% confirmed is that every single one of his assistants had to scramble to find a new job once he quit on them.

They were not going to give contracts to Doug's assistants. That is what he asked for, 2 year extentions for his assistants so their contracts ended the same time as his , they said no. You know as well as I that there was a power struggle with the new owners and Whaley is better at schmoozing than Doug , so Mrs. Pegula sided with the cute guy.
Why would they give an extension to Hackett? The offense sucked.

Schwartz on the other hand was the only reason that team was able to win *9 games.

Love the chauvinistic dig at the female owner though. Stay classy.

Schwartz on the other hand was the only reason that team was able to win *9 games.

because theres a lot of stoopid people in the world.

for example, the jags offense sucked and they just hired its OL coach as HC.

its dumbfoundingly comical.

With Tom Brady starting at QB the Patriots have only lost one regular season to an AFC team since 2006.
That loss was to Douglas Marrone's Buffalo Bills in the 2014 regular season finale. His last game as the Bills HC.

With Tom Brady starting at QB the Patriots have only lost one regular season to an AFC team since 2006.
That loss was to Douglas Marrone's Buffalo Bills in the 2014 regular season finale. His last game as the Bills HC.

Wait, what? None of that first statement is accurate, and even if it was, big freaking deal. Brady and the starters played the first half of that game, and then headed to the bench to rest for the playoffs. What a feather in Doug's cap.

that's obviously not the same thing. their contracts weren't expiring

Wait, what? None of that first statement is accurate, and even if it was, big freaking deal. Brady and the starters played the first half of that game, and then headed to the bench to rest for the playoffs. What a feather in Doug's cap.
everyone but bills fans (who want to beat the patriots so bad) is impressed by that win

It was a joke and it is true.
Since 2006 with Brady as QB the Patriots have only lost 1 regular season home game to a AFC team.
It was to the 2014 Buffalo Bills in the season finale. Brady only played 1 quarter which is the joke part but Douglas played to win that game.

It was a joke and it is true.
Since 2006 with Brady as QB the Patriots have only lost 1 regular season home game to a AFC team.
It was to the 2014 Buffalo Bills in the season finale. Brady only played 1 quarter which is the joke part but Douglas played to win that game.

Oh, you didn't say home game game in your original post (actually, you didn't even say game), which is why I was confused.

Schwartz D was good because of the way Doug managed the offense. The D was the way stronger unit, so he let them take the risks. That is what a professional coach does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom