Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

Playoff contenders in first year. I'm gonna remember/or be reminded that I said this.

in that division, the browns would technically be playoff contenders.

once his time is done we'll hear the stories from Jacksonville about how much of a . . . . . he was, but it's everyone else's fault, not St. Doug's.
Honestly, why do you care?

He was a good coach for SU when he was here, he's not here anymore, I wish him well.

People are allowed to make decisions regarding their careers, families and their own lives, good or bad.

Considering how bad QB play is in the NFL Nassib will get a chance. He never got a chance with the Giants.

Doug owes it to Nassib to get the Jags GM to sign him to a lucrative 3 year deal. One can argue that Nassib's 2012 (and Justin Pugh's) is why he became an NFL HC in 2013.

once his time is done we'll hear the stories from Jacksonville about how much of a . . . . . he was, but it's everyone else's fault, not St. Doug's.

Agreed and that is why I hope he has learned and will treat this job and players with more respect than when he left Buffalo because that was embarrassing for him really. Not a good look

Cutler would be good for them. Good deep touch for Robinson and has been to the post season. Treat Yeldon like a young Matt Forte in the passing game.
To borrow a phrase "cutler is hot garbage." Draft Watson and be done with it

Agreed and that is why I hope he has learned and will treat this job and players with more respect than when he left Buffalo because that was embarrassing for him really. Not a good look
Yes, taking $4M with him and getting another HC job later is super embarrassing for him especially considering how solid the Bills team and mgt. have been since he left.

Good for Doug. Jacksonville is the best NFL market for him, I hope he loosens up a bit and enjoys the gig. His division is hot garbage so he has a real chance to win 9 and make the playoffs.

I think it's a great job for some of those reasons. Also a good amount of talent, good defense. And by most accounts a patient owner.

Yes, taking $4M with him and getting another HC job later is super embarrassing for him especially considering how solid the Bills team and mgt. have been since he left.
marrone went 15-17
ryan went 15-16

shrug

Yeah he thought he was getting the NYJ job but still people had to wonder why a man would leave a HC job. Marrone never had a real reason other than ownership change. People didn't know how the Pegulas were as owners. There behavior since Marrone left has given Marrone a reason to leave being Buffalo's HC.
He likely gets them to the playoffs last year if they still sign Tyrod Taylor.
Their "behavior"? lol come on. The Pegulas are amazing people and will be great owners. There's no NFL ownership 101 course to take before buying an NFL team. They'll learn from their mistakes.

If you don't think Whaley provided Terry with feedback on Rex's performance and knew he was likely a goner after the Dolphins game then I don't know what to tell you. It's not the Pegulas' fault that Whaley is a dope in front of cameras and microphones.

I'm shocked at how many here fail to realize that Doug is a very good football coach.

He's not exactly Mr. Sunshine - but the guy can coach some football. The problem in Buffalo wasn't Doug.
I'll just leave this here...

DVOA - Offense

Buffalo - The Saint Dougernaut Years

2013 - #25 (27th passing, 17th rushing)
2014 - #26 (24th passing, 28th rushing)

Buffalo - The Sexy Rexy Years

2015 - #9 (12th passing, 2nd rushing)
2016 - #10 (19th passing, 1st rushing)

CNnDpf1WUAQ1vDR.jpg

Last edited:
marrone went 15-17
ryan went 15-16

shrug
No. Marrone went 6-10 and 9-7
Ryan went 8-8 and 7-8

Either way, he made out well. Nothing to be embarrassed about. $4M plus his salary from the Jags the past two years and now a new HC position with a new HC salary. And he left a Buffalo franchise that remains a mess.

Their "behavior"? lol come on. The Pegulas are amazing people and will be great owners. There's no NFL ownership 101 course to take before buying an NFL team. They'll learn from their mistakes.

If you don't think Whaley provided Terry with feedback on Rex's performance and knew he was likely a goner after the Dolphins game then I don't know what to tell you. It's not the Pegulas' fault that Whaley is a dope in front of cameras and microphones.

I'll just leave this here...

DVOA - Offense

Buffalo - The Saint Dougernaut Years

2013 - #25 (27th passing, 17th rushing)
2014 - #26 (24th passing, 28th rushing)

Buffalo - The s e xy Rexy Years

2015 - #9 (12th passing, 2nd rushing)
2016 - #10 (19th passing, 1st rushing)

CNnDpf1WUAQ1vDR.jpg
That doesn't take into account the massive investment in offensive talent made after Doug left. Doug didn't have Watkins, Shady, Taylor, Icongnito, etc...

That doesn't take into account the massive investment in offensive talent made after Doug left. Doug didn't have Watkins, Shady, Taylor, Icongnito, etc...
"Massive investment" is a gross exaggeration.

Watkins - played for Marrone
Incognito - no one wanted to sign him before the "mess" organization rejuvenated his career and he's just an offensive guard anyway
Shady - would have been stuffed for losses on most carries in Marrone's system
Taylor - some consider him to be nothing more than a running back playing QB

But who knows, maybe if Marrone had decided to stick around he would have seen the fruits of Whaley's labor. Instead, all we know is that the offense stunk under Marrone then immediately got significantly better as soon as he left.

Putting aside that I'm a bonafide Marrone hater and haters gonna hate, it's HILARIOUS that Jacksonville made a continuity hire.

After sucking.
Yeah... you put that aside alright.

No. Marrone went 6-10 and 9-7
Ryan went 8-8 and 7-8

Either way, he made out well. Nothing to be embarrassed about. $4M plus his salary from the Jags the past two years and now a new HC position with a new HC salary. And he left a Buffalo franchise that remains a mess.
aye yi yi
add those numbers up

One set of numbers shows progress, the other shows a failing coach...

To me it shows a team stuck at 8-8.

Pats gave Marrone a mulligan.

Stick with Rex and Tyrod and do your announcements after the season, the Bills probably beat the lowly Jets.

There are worse places to be stuck.

Sometimes you just have to hit him over the head with this stuff.

Well, I suppose if he wasn't a quitter, we all could have found out whether he's capable of taking a team to the next level, or if he's just another .500 coach. Guess we'll find out now, unless he pulls the same stunt.

Well, I suppose if he wasn't a quitter, we all could have found out whether he's capable of taking a team to the next level, or if he's just another .500 coach. Guess we'll find out now, unless he pulls the same stunt.
The Bills quit on him. Whaley knew well that getting rid of Marrone's co-ordinators would force him out. Real clever that Whaley. Maybe you'll shut up when the Jags go deep in the playoffs next year.

The Bills quit on him. Whaley knew well that getting rid of Marrone's co-ordinators would force him out. Real clever that Whaley. Maybe you'll shut up when the Jags go deep in the playoffs next year.
and there you have it kids, less than 24 hours after its released that st doug is the jax coach (he hasn't even had the intro presser yet!!)...the board has the jags 'deep into the playoffs next year'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom