Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

and I make no claim that the basis for Marrone being a good coach is that he was better that Ryan. That's setting the bar wayyyy to low.

Last edited:
in buffalo marrone and ryan are 1.5 wins better than jauron and gailey/fewell

people act like the bills have been horrendous forever. they're just consistently sub par which might be worse for rebuilding
6-9 wins in the NFL is a slow death.

theres an Art into going 4-12 or worse.

you need to do it infrequently, but on target.

like when Lawrence Taylor is available.

or Eli and/or BigBen.

or to make sense for you...Bruce Smith.

6-9 wins in the NFL is a slow death.

theres an Art into going 4-12 or worse.

you need to do it infrequently, but on target.

like when Lawrence Taylor is available.

or Eli and/or BigBen.

or to make sense for you...Bruce Smith.

this is going to be hard for you to believe - the bills have NEVER drafted a QB higher than 14th

they've drafted only 3 qbs higher than 30th. only one of them was good and they lost years of him to the USFL

years and years of never drafting a qb hoping they can find some diamond in the rough

the ONE TIME where they do find a decent QB drafted late (by someone else), OF COURSE they are thinking of unloading him

ok so now i'm convinced that you're just a troll
Marrone was on track to bring in a very highly rated class in 2013 . Add 3 more great classes and SU would be a monster.

this is going to be hard for you to believe - the bills have NEVER drafted a QB higher than 14th

they've drafted only 3 qbs higher than 30th. only one of them was good and they lost years of him to the USFLdamn

years and years of never drafting a qb hoping they can find some diamond in the rough

the ONE TIME where they do find a decent QB drafted late (by someone else), OF COURSE they are thinking of unloading him
damn...that's crazy.

the Giants have had #7 Simms and #1 Eli take them to titles (Hoss doesn't count, that's Simms team).

and had #5 retread Collins take them for a L.

the Giants odd draft trivia is that they havnt drafted a LB in the 1st round since Banks was take 3rd overall in 84.

guess the lack of production from #2 overall LT in 81 and Banks in 84, soured them on wasting a #1 on a LB...

he's impressed that khan is a self made billionaire.

pegula however started his business with a few grand loaned from his parents. clearly a silver spoon guy
Pergula made his money in wildcat energy. A few employees and a big strike and your rich. Bully for him. Kahn built a large manufacturing company with many employees. Kahn made many personnel hires that made his company. I believe he is a better judge of talent.

Unbelievable Doug hatred around here. Here's a very simple fact that you can try to spin but it's a fact regardless. In the last 12 years the Bills have had 1 winning season, DM was the coach. They have had 2 non-losing seasons. One obviously was the year he went 9-7, the second was the year after he left. Syracuse football has had 3 winning seasons in the past 12 years. DM was coach for 2 and the other was following the year he left. 2 years after DM left both the Bills and Syracuse, both team had losing records once again. DM is a good coach. People love to give Schwartz the credit, it doesn't work that way. DM has been a HC at 2 places, both times they had excellent defenses. If you want to credit the coordinators then that's fine, I have no issue with that. However DM seems to have a pretty good feel for whose going to be a great D coordinator and gets them on his staff. That's a HC's job. So Doug does his job but the credit goes to the other guy. Funny, if the defense was crap do you only blame the DC? Didn't think so.

I don't see many people arguing that Marrone is not a good coach. I do see people saying it's impossible to know if he's anything more than that because he has never stuck to a job long enough to know.

It will be interesting to see if he'll change his style.

Unbelievable Doug hatred around here. Here's a very simple fact that you can try to spin but it's a fact regardless. In the last 12 years the Bills have had 1 winning season, DM was the coach. They have had 2 non-losing seasons. One obviously was the year he went 9-7, the second was the year after he left. Syracuse football has had 3 winning seasons in the past 12 years. DM was coach for 2 and the other was following the year he left. 2 years after DM left both the Bills and Syracuse, both team had losing records once again. DM is a good coach. People love to give Schwartz the credit, it doesn't work that way. DM has been a HC at 2 places, both times they had excellent defenses. If you want to credit the coordinators then that's fine, I have no issue with that. However DM seems to have a pretty good feel for whose going to be a great D coordinator and gets them on his staff. That's a HC's job. So Doug does his job but the credit goes to the other guy. Funny, if the defense was crap do you only blame the DC? Didn't think so.
No one is impressed with a *9-7 season except the delusional Marrone apologists (and now a few rationalizing Jaguars fans).

But regardless, Marrone does some good things. He's extremely well-organized and his disciplinarian style could work for some teams I'm sure.

But I'm just not sure how much credit he should receive for that epic *9-7 Bills season. He's a bad game manager and his propensity for punting is a serious problem and indicative of a lack of understanding of basic probability. He's an offensive coach and his offense was terrible and held that 2014 team back despite Schwartz's excellent defense.

If Marrone wasn't such a headcase who had no problem burning bridges on his way out of jobs then he wouldn't have so many "haters." Referring to himself as Saint Doug and leaving the Bills because he thought for sure he'd at least receive the Jets job is funny.

He makes a target for himself as a result of his actions.

For many people here, this is almost as bad as Trump winning the Presidency. St. Doug's next miracle, a Superbowl for Jacksonville.

There are none here that hate Doug. None.

The argument lies in a) How good of a job he did here (between great! and mediocre) b) How bad of a lurch he left us in on the eve of joining the ACC and how much he damage he did when he took so many assistants c) How bad of a decision it was to leave Buffalo the way he did.

I'm rooting for him to succeed at Jax. He's forever orange.

No one is impressed with a *9-7 season except the delusional Marrone apologists (and now a few rationalizing Jaguars fans).

But regardless, Marrone does some good things. He's extremely well-organized and his disciplinarian style could work for some teams I'm sure.

But I'm just not sure how much credit he should receive for that epic *9-7 Bills season. He's a bad game manager and his propensity for punting is a serious problem and indicative of a lack of understanding of basic probability. He's an offensive coach and his offense was terrible and held that 2014 team back despite Schwartz's excellent defense.

If Marrone wasn't such a headcase who had no problem burning bridges on his way out of jobs then he wouldn't have so many "haters." Referring to himself as Saint Doug and leaving the Bills because he thought for sure he'd at least receive the Jets job is funny.

That's some hate there.

Question - How do you know he thought he would get the Jets job?

Question - How do you know he thought he would get the Jets job?
Because he left a HC position at an organization where the owner is willing to spend whatever it takes to win a championship. Plus all of the "sources" were saying he was the front-runner for the Jets job until a fan and media uproar.

Quote from this thread...
"Putting aside that I'm a bonafide Marrone hater and haters gonna hate, it's HILARIOUS that Jacksonville made a continuity hire."

Think that poster was being ironic

"Putting aside that I'm a bonafide Marrone hater and haters gonna hate, it's HILARIOUS that Jacksonville made a continuity hire."
Come on, like I count.

Ut-oh.
khan_khan[ketterman].jpg

Google: sarcasm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom