Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

Because he left a HC position at an organization where the owner is willing to spend whatever it takes to win a championship. Plus all of the "sources" were saying he was the front-runner for the Jets job until a fan and media uproar.

So, your conclusion is not based on fact, but on what some "sources" who you don't know were "saying."

I don't think that's enough to support your presumed factual conclusion that he thought he would get the Jets job.

It may be your presumption, but there is no fact to support it.

Google: sarcasm
yes, yes, it's all sarcasm. He is not really a "Marrone hater" as he claimed...not that I really care but was responding to the statement that "no one" here hates Marrone.

Jacksonville will be in the playoffs, within 2 years. Coughlin's environment alone will provide structure and they'll be an almost instantaneous improvement IMO.

So, your conclusion is not based on fact, but on what some "sources" who you don't know were "saying."

I don't think that's enough to support your presumed factual conclusion that he thought he would get the Jets job.

You know full well that Doug's arrangement can't be proven as fact, but that's the only explanation, imo of course, as to why he would walk away from the Bills job. He either had an arrangement with the Jets that fell through, or he over-estimated his value in the market. I'm sure he thought that at the very worst if he didn't get a HC job that offseason, then he would get one the following offseason. Neither of those happened.

Sure he made $4M to coach the Jaguars offensive line in 2015, but what did he get last year? A couple hundred thousand dollars? Nothing to sneeze at for the average guy, but if he stuck it out with the Bills, he would have been guaranteed at least another $4M last year. In my opinion, he was lucky another inept franchise gave him a shot to be a HC, and for his sake, I hope he makes the most of it, because it will be his last chance to be a HC in the NFL.

Doug Marrone reportedly wants Jets job; sends mass exit text to Bills

Doug Marrone: From Jets favorite to Jaguars assistant in 3 weeks | New York Post

yes, yes, it's all sarcasm. He is not really a "Marrone hater" as he claimed...not that I really care but was responding to the statement that "no one" here hates Marrone.

I mean if 2 people here actually hate Marrone so what?

Jacksonville will be in the playoffs, within 2 years. Coughlin's environment alone will provide structure and they'll be an almost instantaneous improvement IMO.

I respect Coughlin a ton but his "environment" in NY meant missing the playoffs 6 of his last 7 years there.

Jax should make the playoffs soon because their division totally stinks.

Sure he made $4M to coach the Jaguars offensive line in 2015, but what did he get last year? A couple hundred thousand dollars?

He actually got $4M (2 year's salary) to do nothing for the Bills and collected a paycheck from the Jags for the next two years.

i know, totally out of left field, no one down there wonders about that, what's he thinking asking something so goofy?!?

Just not sure I get it. Of all the questions you want to ask... "Hey if you win 12 games are you going to leave?!"

You're right, I don't know the New York Times or NFL Network personally. So that must mean the information was not true. My mistake! Although I don't recall calling it a "fact."

But it is the only logical conclusion. Why else would a football coach leave an NFL Head Coach position? Unless (a) Pegula told him that he must reach the playoffs in 2015 or he's gone and he wasn't confident in his abilities as a HC, or (b) he's only in it for the money. Hmmm...

Just not sure I get it. Of all the questions you want to ask... "Hey if you win 12 games are you going to leave?!"
He's never given an answer as to why he left Buffalo. Never. So of course he's going to get those questions.

Doug is so bad with media it's almost mind blowing... he gets worse as the years go by. He's also given them a ton of material. He was good when he first became a HC

Jacksonville will host playoff games next year.

Last edited:
Jacksonville will host a playoff game next year.
noted-ryan-the-office.gif

He actually got $4M (2 year's salary) to do nothing for the Bills and collected a paycheck from the Jags for the next two years.

$4 million was his 2015 salary (not 2 years' salary), which he opted to take upon leaving the team. His contract was guaranteed through 2016, meaning he would have been paid another $4 million in 2016, regardless of if he was fired following the 2015 season or not. Thereby, he lost out on a guaranteed $4 million salary in 2016 and instead made whatever peanuts he made as the Jags OL coach.

$4 million was his 2015 salary (not 2 years' salary), which he opted to take upon leaving the team. His contract was guaranteed through 2016, meaning he would have been paid another $4 million in 2016, regardless of if he was fired following the 2015 season or not. Thereby, he lost out on a guaranteed $4 million salary in 2016 and instead made whatever peanuts he made as the Jags OL coach.
And got the hell out of Loserville.

And got the hell out of Loserville.

If he's the great coach that you all make him out to be, then surely St. Doug could have turned the Bills into a winner and earned himself a contract extension, but he took the easy way out. I mean all that I've heard about this week was his great trajectory with the Bills, first winning season in 15 years, blah blah blah. By that logic, he would have brought the team to the playoffs the following season, and earned a contract extension for him and all of his assistants. Instead, he took the money and bailed and left all of his assistants high and dry.

If he's the great coach that you all make him out to be, then surely St. Doug could have turned the Bills into a winner and earned himself a contract extension, but he took the easy way out. I mean all that I've heard about this week was his great trajectory with the Bills, first winning season in 15 years, blah blah blah. By that logic, he would have brought the team to the playoffs the following season, and earned a contract extension for him and all of his assistants. Instead, he took the money and bailed and left all of his assistants high and dry.
It worked out for the best as now he and TC are the dynamic Orange duo, Let's go Jag's!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom