Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

$4 million was his 2015 salary (not 2 years' salary), which he opted to take upon leaving the team. His contract was guaranteed through 2016, meaning he would have been paid another $4 million in 2016, regardless of if he was fired following the 2015 season or not. Thereby, he lost out on a guaranteed $4 million salary in 2016 and instead made whatever peanuts he made as the Jags OL coach.
And now he is a head coach again. I think he made out ok.

If he's the great coach that you all make him out to be, then surely St. Doug could have turned the Bills into a winner and earned himself a contract extension, but he took the easy way out. I mean all that I've heard about this week was his great trajectory with the Bills, first winning season in 15 years, blah blah blah. By that logic, he would have brought the team to the playoffs the following season, and earned a contract extension for him and all of his assistants. Instead, he took the money and bailed and left all of his assistants high and dry.
Who's is current OC?

What a stupid thing to ask. Wow.

Not only would I ask him, I'd follow up and say do you think that's a reason why a press conference like this is happening now, instead of 2 years ago?

Then after he says I don't understand the question you follow it up by being very specific and studying his anger and discomfort (for fun).

And now he is a head coach again. I think he made out ok.

If he was so great, he never would have stopped being a head coach. His ego got in the way of that and it cost him money. I have no idea how anyone can dispute that. He lost money by cutting and running.

Who's is current OC?

You mean his current OC who also had to take a pay cut and coach QB's for the Jaguars for two years when he could have been making OC money all along? That guy?

Not only would I ask him, I'd follow up and say do you think that's a reason why a press conference like this is happening now, instead of 2 years ago?

Then after he says I don't understand the question you follow it up by being very specific and studying his anger and discomfort (for fun).
I liked how his answer had two "ones"

You mean his current OC who also had to take a pay cut and coach QB's for the Jaguars for two years when he could have been making OC money all along? That guy?
Yes, that guy. The one Marrone got to the Jags.

He's never given an answer as to why he left Buffalo. Never. So of course he's going to get those questions.

Which is fine - but there's a proper way to ask that question. That was such a childish way to ask it

Liberals on the board quote the bible to make a point about Trumps character and now your using Pud to put down Marrone. I see a connection there.
I hardly think this is about liberal or conservative.

I hardly think this is about liberal or conservative.
OK. But quoting Pud Boliquin? He does nothing but down grade Syracuse sports. His writing style alone makes me not read his articles, let alone the content. All the spin is always how Doug's a bad guy and the other parties involved at SU and Buffalo are beyond criticism.

Jacksonville's new regime is already off to a hilariously awkward start

The new power structure within the Jacksonville Jaguars organization is already off to a contentious start just a few days on the job.

A report from The Sporting News’ Alex Marvez suggests Tom Coughlin is already flexing his muscles as the team’s executive vice president of football operations. Marvez reports Coughlin has blocked new head coach Doug Marrone from hiring Donnie Henderson to his staff because of a mix up between Coughlin and Henderson stemming from 2005.

This incident apparently occurred at a scrimmage when Henderson was the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets. ESPN’s Rich Cimini added to Marvez’s report with some perspective on what actually happened that day.

OK. But quoting Pud Boliquin? He does nothing but down grade Syracuse sports. His writing style alone makes me not read his articles, let alone the content. All the spin is always how Doug's a bad guy and the other parties involved at SU and Buffalo are beyond criticism.
Bud sucks but I quoted him here on this thread too :)

I just don't think Marrone hating/liking is based on political leanings.

Jacksonville's new regime is already off to a hilariously awkward start

The new power structure within the Jacksonville Jaguars organization is already off to a contentious start just a few days on the job.

A report from The Sporting News’ Alex Marvez suggests Tom Coughlin is already flexing his muscles as the team’s executive vice president of football operations. Marvez reports Coughlin has blocked new head coach Doug Marrone from hiring Donnie Henderson to his staff because of a mix up between Coughlin and Henderson stemming from 2005.

This incident apparently occurred at a scrimmage when Henderson was the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets. ESPN’s Rich Cimini added to Marvez’s report with some perspective on what actually happened that day.

No biggy. I am sure Doug can find another candidate. There is no report that Marrone is pushing back on Coughlin. So Marrone's boss nixed a pick? Big deal. I am sure he understands given the circumstances. Just goes to show that you never know who's help you might need some day. Donnie apparently blew it.

If he was so great, he never would have stopped being a head coach. His ego got in the way of that and it cost him money. I have no idea how anyone can dispute that. He lost money by cutting and running.

No, he lost money because he did not want to work for an owner who did not hire him - he did not want to work for an unknown quantity.

It was an astute decision or at least a reasonable decision.

Last edited:
I thought Henderson was great at Syracuse... he seems to carry a lot of luggage though, not surprised by this. Good coach though

No, he lost money because he did not want to work for an owner who did not hire him - he did not work for an unknown quantity.

It was an astute decision or at least a reasonable decision.

Yeah you are never ever ever gonna convince me of that. It was a power play move that backfired in his face. It kind of worked out in the end in that he got another HC job, but there was nothing "astute" about his decision at the time.

Yeah you are never ever ever gonna convince me of that. It was a power play move that backfired in his face. It kind of worked out in the end in that he got another HC job, but there was nothing "astute" about his decision at the time.
How did it backfire? He got paid and Buffalo management is still a disaster. He just had to wait a few years.

How was it a "power play"?

What does that mean exactly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom