Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To Be Named HC At JAX

How did it backfire? He got paid and Buffalo management is still a disaster. He just had to wait a few years.

It backfired because he got paid for one year instead of two, which was guaranteed in his contract if he didn't take the buyout. He thought that he was getting a $4 million payday from Buffalo, while immediately getting a new Head Coaching job that would also pay $4-$5 million. Didn't work out that way, and he didn't get a HC job the following year either. Complete miscalculation on his part on what the true demand for St. Doug's services was.

It backfired because he got paid for one year instead of two, which was guaranteed in his contract if he didn't take the buyout. He thought that he was getting a $4 million payday from Buffalo, while immediately getting a new Head Coaching job that would also pay $4-$5 million. Didn't work out that way, and he didn't get a HC job the following year either. Complete miscalculation on his part on what the true demand for St. Doug's services was.
He was the associate head coach at Jacksonville for the last 2 years and I'm sure Shad paid him well to be the head coach in waiting.

He was the associate head coach at Jacksonville for the last 2 years and I'm sure Shad paid him well to be the head coach in waiting.
He certainly made less money as associate than he would have as HC. Let's say he got 500K (wild guess) per year so he lost out on $3M net but now he is a HC again and in a better situation e.g. likes Jags, likes Couglin, Coughlin picked him, no owner changes etc.. I bet he ain't losing any sleep over the money.

Graduated with Brian at Oswego. Both of us were Comm majors and worked with WTOP. Great kid with a solid work ethic.
Figures. Another Bills fan or SU fan that can't get over it. What a tool.

Graduated with Brian at Oswego. Both of us were Comm majors and worked with WTOP. Great kid with a solid work ethic.
Is the Buffalo franchise paying these operatives to cause problems for Jacksonville?

I don't think we "know" what Marrone calculated about another position.

It is quite reasonable to assume that he knew the danger of resigning - that he would not immediately get another HC job.

It is quite reasonable to assume that he did the calculus and concluded that it was worth not getting another job to get out of a situation that was not comfortable for him.

So, the notion that there was a "complete miscalculation" is not fact-based.

Would he do it again in Jacksonville? The question is not relevant. He can't do what he did in Buffalo. He doesn't have that clause in his contract. Would he do what he did at Syracuse...improve the team to a point where he is sought after by more teams? Maybe.

I hope that the title that you've received on here as the "Voice of Reason" was done so in jest
People in Buffalo are vindictive. Why doesn't the Buffalo reporter boy ask how a guy who used 2 first round picks on a receiver and another one on a QB who no other team even had on their board remains GM in Buffalo.

People in Buffalo are vindictive. Why doesn't the Buffalo reporter boy ask how a guy who used 2 first round picks on a receiver and another one on a QB who no other team even had on their board remains GM in Buffalo.

Believe me, those questions are being asked by plenty of Buffalo reporters

No biggy. I am sure Doug can find another candidate. There is no report that Marrone is pushing back on Coughlin. So Marrone's boss nixed a pick? Big deal. I am sure he understands given the circumstances. Just goes to show that you never know who's help you might need some day. Donnie apparently blew it.
Yeah Marrone seems like a very understanding, laid back, easy-going kind of guy.

Yeah Marrone seems like a very understanding, laid back, easy-going kind of guy.
Didn't say that. But if Coughlin explains that Henderson was a dick to him and he doesn't like the guy... I am sure Marrone understands he has to move on with another choice.

So you have no thoughts of your own but simply swallow and regurgitate everything the media feeds you. I gotcha.
Haha, ok! Team hasn't been to the playoffs since last century. Things must be going great.

Haha, ok! Team hasn't been to the playoffs since last century. Things must be going great.
Because the current ownership and management has been here for the entire 17 years, right?

Carucci is a hack with an agenda. Frustrated that he can't get any information out of Pegula and OBD. He probably believes 10% of what he writes.

Apparently promoting the offensive line coach and adding an angry 70 year old cook with no front office experience to a crowded kitchen is a "drastically different path" than the Bills and a "well-thought-out-blueprint." While the Bills have "fallen into the depths of dysfunction" because the GM is verbally ed and the owners don't like being in the spotlight.

He even adds a psychic premonition when he says Whaley will be shown the door next year. Which could be true but it's humorous that he states it as fact.

We'll see what happens with both teams.

Carucci is a hack with an agenda. Frustrated that he can't get any information out of Pegula and OBD. He probably believes 10% of what he writes.

Apparently promoting the offensive line coach and adding an angry 70 year old cook with no front office experience to a crowded kitchen is a "drastically different path" than the Bills and a "well-thought-out-blueprint." While the Bills have "fallen into the depths of dysfunction" because the GM is verbally . . . . . . ed and the owners don't like being in the spotlight.

He even adds a psychic premonition when he says Whaley will be shown the door next year. Which could be true but it's humorous that he states it as fact.

We'll see what happens with both teams.
I'm glad Tim graham is back doing sports because the rest of them have really gotten trolly. Harrington and Gleason especially.. Vogl is ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom