Maryland: Durkin Fired | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland: Durkin Fired

Honestly just because he doesn’t like Boeheim doesn’t mKe him a bad guy. Boeheim is not the most pleasant guy especially when Pete was on the hill (he was there right after me).

I think Dino’s name is floated bc he’s good and people want him. This is gonna happen a lot and it won’t be because Pete wanrs the imminent destruction of SU.
Dino’s name for Maryland is just stupid.
Maryland would lucky to get a guy like Greg Schiano right now.
It’s in a lot of trouble fiscally. They are going to have to pay the family a nice 7-8 figure settlement.
It’s not the most flush with his cash AD as well which is why they joined the Big Ten.
Thamel doesn’t like Syracuse. He goes out of his way to take cheap shots.

The Buffalo coach is a good candidate to suggest not Syracuse.
If Dino is leaving here it’s for an elite job. Maryland and Syracuse have the same upside.

Gotta love Pete!!

2. Dino Babers, Syracuse – Maryland fans recall the 48-27 shellacking that Babers put on them while at Bowling Green. Babers getting Syracuse into the national rankings for the first time in 17 years thrusts him into the conversation. His offense would give Maryland a much-needed identity. The success he’s had recruiting that area at Syracuse shouldn’t be overlooked.
I'm surprised he didn't list Canada, who has the Terps at 5-3 as the interim coach.

Oh I’m sure he does. (Sigh) Absurd to think that. Guy is top notch and has probably buried SU football justifiably since he graduated.

He’s a guy who went to Syracuse not some blogger who is Syracuse slanted. It’s called being a professional

You could be correct, but in this instance the fact that Clawson, Mendenhal, Cutcliffe, Addazio are not on it but Babers is makes him an easy target for the "trolling" comments, imho.

Cheers,
Neil

You could be correct, but in this instance the fact that Clawson, Mendenhal, Cutcliffe, Addazio are not on it but Babers is makes him an easy target for the "trolling" comments, imho.

Cheers,
Neil
This is spot on. Why make it seem like the Syracuse gig and BC or Wake aren’t on the same level. Addazio and Cutcliffe should be mentioned if Dino is. In fact both those guys actually have better P5 success than Dino at this point as well.

1. I don’t think he’s looking to leave. Maybe a bump in pay or other stuff. It’s warranted and fine, IMO.

2. If he does leave, I think you look at other innovative offensive minded coaches with HC experience as a starting point.

3. I trust Wildhack. I think he gets it.

Cheers,
Neil

do we know if those guys are out there whispering that they are open for business? Addazio is probably very happy at BC w the expectations. Not sure how long they will stick with him since Jarmond didn't hire him but he's not looking to leave. Cutcliffe has had the chance to leave and has said he's happy at Duke. Not going anywhere.

Clawson and Mendenhal who knows. i suspect they are content, well compensated and haven't whispered that they want a pay raise/new job/etc. The media is the networking component to college football jobs at the highest level. Sausage making 101

do we know if those guys are out there whispering that they are open for business? Addazio is probably very happy at BC w the expectations. Not sure how long they will stick with him since Jarmond didn't hire him but he's not looking to leave. Cutcliffe has had the chance to leave and has said he's happy at Duke. Not going anywhere.

Clawson and Mendenhal who knows. i suspect they are content, well compensated and haven't whispered that they want a pay raise/new job/etc. The media is the networking component to college football jobs at the highest level. Sausage making 101

And how would you know what Dino wants then?

Barber, of Mechanicsburg, Pa., said word had gotten around on the team that he is a “whistle-blower” who talked to investigators about problems on the team. When Durkin returned to practice Tuesday to watch the team practice, his supporters on the team felt emboldened and began taunting Barber, he said. Some mocked and insulted him, while others threw footballs at him, Barber said.
Toward the end of the practice, another player attacked Barber, attempting to punch him in the face, Barber said. While the two teammates were fighting, others tried to intervene and grabbed Barber’s arms behind his back, he said. That allowed the other player to punch Barber repeatedly in the face, leaving him with a black eye, needing multiple stitches on his forehead and a dislocated shoulder, Barber said.

Disgusting.

Barber, of Mechanicsburg, Pa., said word had gotten around on the team that he is a “whistle-blower” who talked to investigators about problems on the team. When Durkin returned to practice Tuesday to watch the team practice, his supporters on the team felt emboldened and began taunting Barber, he said. Some mocked and insulted him, while others threw footballs at him, Barber said.
Toward the end of the practice, another player attacked Barber, attempting to punch him in the face, Barber said. While the two teammates were fighting, others tried to intervene and grabbed Barber’s arms behind his back, he said. That allowed the other player to punch Barber repeatedly in the face, leaving him with a black eye, needing multiple stitches on his forehead and a dislocated shoulder, Barber said.

Disgusting.

Yup. No toxic environment there, nosiree bob! :rolleyes:

1541104617286.png

1541104652453.gif

Disgusting.

interesting how supporters of Durkin happen to be violent meathead d-bags. what a coincidence

I would laugh at all the guys talking about meathead coaching with Shafer and sometimes Marrone, but man, this guy sounds like the epitome of it.

i am so happy that ss left maryland. he is bigger than that stuff.

It’s funny reading their board and seeing the meathead takes about how the Asian president and black AD need to go, but the mediocre white head coach (who apparently is also a psycho) was done dirty.

This situation is sooooooo screwed up. A kid F*CKING DIED. This isn’t some inane BS about paper writing or slipping $100s into Christmas cards.

A. Kid. Died.

That athletic department should be burned to the ground and the Board should all be removed for voting to bring the coach back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom