Maryland Game Thread... | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna bet, i'm the guy who said be careful for liberty, and hit the brakes preseason as we're suffering from irrational exuberance. They're going to give them a run

and as poorly as the offense played against Liberty, we throttled them

Thought for sure we’d be getting QBs and WRs by this point, if we were winning.
Up until this last recruiting cycle we weren't winning, and most of the best guys were committed/signed by the time last year's winning season wrappes up. We need a few consecutive winning seasons for that to be a factor. Hopefully, we take advantage of the soft schedule and make improvements so that we can maintain the momentum that started last year.

Maryland is talented and it looks like" Michael" Locksley has learned a heck of a lot since his last head coaching job. Ward's defense was horrible today. Ten yards off receivers, arm tackling out of position and confused. This one is not on Tommy DeVito folks. He played good enough to win today. Better get it together this week or Clemson might score more than Maryland.

Recruiting as a whole is a bit worrisome right now

Pur inability to recruit 4 star wr and qbs to this offense is an enormous red flag recruiting overall hasnt been bad but were striking out on our top offensive targets 2 years running which is a real bad sign. The qb situation in particular looks troubling and that's being kind.

and as poorly as the offense played against Liberty, we throttled them

Defense did. offense was incredibly basic though. Line kinda stinks, QB can’t make any plays with his feet, Jackson is the only WR who can get open and make a play, and the RBs are mediocre.

Sometimes you just get beat by a better team and everything goes wrong. Yes, reminiscent of Georgia Tech, but not the end of the world.
The OLine is what we feared. A freshman playing out of position is a killer. Nothing to do but play through it.
Another tough outing for the passing game and not likely to get much better until the line play improves.
Most troubling is the defense imploding. Very hard to understand.

I am just going to write this one off and move on hoping it's a big aberration.

Maryland is talented and it looks like" Michael" Locksley has learned a heck of a lot since his last head coaching job. Ward's defense was horrible today. Ten yards off receivers, arm tackling out of position and confused. This one is not on Tommy DeVito folks. He played good enough to win today. Better get it together this week or Clemson might score more than Maryland.
There's enough blame to be shared. TD made some facepalm decisions, did not look comfortable stepping up in the pocket at times when he could've, and had the chance to run more than he did. It seems like WRs should have been able to find space more often than they did. The D looked bad on every level.

We almost beat Clemson last year you think it’s goingbto be close next week

I was at a beach house a couple of weeks ago and the neighbor was a big Clemson fan who went to the U but grew up and still lives in SC. We had a few conversations over the week as we ran into each other but a repeating one was how badly they want to crush us this year because of the last 2.

I was at a beach house a couple of weeks ago and the neighbor was a big Clemson fan who went to the U but grew up and still lives in SC. We had a few conversations over the week as we ran into each other but a repeating one was how badly they want to crush us this year because of the last 2.

No matter what happens, Ben Boulware is still a clown.

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to come to grips with (likely) never having game day come to our barn in my lifetime...This was our best chance, heck even the game day guys wanted to come next week. What a missed opportunity

The way they set it up, I think we still could have gotten it if we didn’t vomit all over ourselves.

I mean, have you actually looked at their recruiting?

Cause no it’s actually not.
Actually Maryland has MUCH better talent if you believe the recruiting sites or "your lying eyes" during todays embarrassing beat down

The running back Anthony McFarland was the #3 rb in 2017 4star #99 recruit in country. Here are the other 4 stars that destroyed us today 3 O-lineman and the rb
2017 18th ranked class
Rb McFarland 4 stars #99 overall
Deon Jones 4 stars #194 overall
OG Marcus Minor 4star #220 overall
Kasim Hill 4star #233
Jordan McNair 4star #287
Cam Spence 4star #328
Breyon Gaddy 4star #335

2018 28th best class
Jaelyn Duncan 4star #145
Austin Fontaine star #160
Darryl Jones 4star #333
Ken Montgomery 4star #359

And here is the signed class this year for kicks
2019 recruiting class 38
Nick Cross 4star #55 (borderline 5star on 24/7)
Isaiah Hazel 4star #224
Lawrence LeGendre 4stat #279

So if you look at in from the ratings perspective they are much better than our 3 classes under HCDB ranked 54, 51 and 55. But keep in mind this onky matters if you think stars matter.... our watched Maryland's 4 stars destroying our 2 and 3 stars today. SMH. We have to step up our recruiting!!!!

When team has 350 yds and 28 points on your defense with 7minutes to go in the 1st half, you cant blame your qb or offense lol. Our defense was pathetic today and our O-line was exactly what we thought they would be NOT GOOD

When team has 350 yds and 28 points on your defense with 7minutes to go in the 1st half, you cant blame your qb or offense lol. Our defense was pathetic today and our O-line was exactly what we thought they would be NOT GOOD

The 3 and out to start the game and 2 early turnovers certainly played a big Role in the deficit.

Defense was horrific though, so we would’ve lost by 20 instead of 40 without those.

Offense was certainly below par themselves though.

The 3 and out to start the game and 2 early turnovers certainly played a big Role in the deficit.

Defense was horrific though, so we would’ve lost by 20 instead of 40 without those.

Offense was certainly below par themselves though.
Lol. Honestly this was the 1st smile i have had on my face since the beginning of the game

Just think for a second we would feek better if Maryland had only beaten us by 20. We are HCSS bad again. Again atleast we have a easy ACC schedule missing 3 of 4 best other teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom