Maryland Game Thread... | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was Shafer @ Georgia Tech level of embarrassment. We thought we were back and the College Football world laughed at us.

Maybe Maryland ends up being a top 20 team. But I doubt it.

We looked bad on offense Liberty of all teams.

Saying that TD was just gonna figure it out in a week was wishful thinking.

“But he’s keeping the playbook vanilla week one” yeah i definitely heard that during the P and Robinson eras.

Everyone wanted to pretend that we were not losing anything from ED.

Welp.

Maryland's personnel is on the same level as ours in terms of caliber recruits. This exposed our coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Very embarrassing. The DeVito fumble started the snowball effect. This is a terrible loss for the program in what was highly anticipated season. I'm really bummed by this loss as a fan.

Part of me thinks that we will have a really good 'second' season after Clemson. The other part of me thinks its moronic that we will go Bye>WMU>HC the 3 weeks we should really be playing tough yet winnable games like today.

It really sucks next year is gonna be the same bullshit with no home games early for Tommy to work out the kinks with his WRs. Good thing we played a bottom 5 FBS team last week because I think we would be 0-2 right now if we played a top 100 FBS team on the road.
A redshirt junior QB shouldn't need time to work out kinks. Maryland's junior QB looked fine his first year in their system after getting to campus late in the off season because he had to finish his degree at VPI. Auburn's freshman QB figured things out against Oregon. If TD doesn't have it figured out at the beginning of next year, he's just not that good.

Last edited:
Might have been in chatroom during 3rd Q OIG was sitting behind Maryland bench and said they looked like they weren’t taking us seriously.
That was meant to be a joke but I don't think it was taken that way.

Ain't. Gonna happen. They will be in the mix with Ohio State this year.
I didn't know much about Maryland's team prior to this past week but a bunch of people seemed to think they were a QB from being good. If that was the case, they may make a jump this year.

We looked bad on offense Liberty of all teams.

Saying that TD was just gonna figure it out in a week was wishful thinking.

“But he’s keeping the playbook vanilla week one” yeah i definitely heard that during the P and Robinson eras.

Everyone wanted to pretend that we were not losing anything from ED.

Welp.

We ran roughly 10 different plays against Liberty with the 2 RB formation (for screens) being the only new wrinkle.

That’s what I meant by saying they kept it vanilla against Liberty.

I was one who believed the staff relying on superior talent to beat Liberty (“keeping it vanilla”) was a justification for the offensive slump in Lynchburg.

Unfortunately today violently disproved that theory.

well that was exquisitely awful

3a0ce6722c626f747bf69456d4b3914d.jpg

I didn't know much about Maryland's team prior to this past week but a bunch of people seemed to think they were a QB from being good. If that was the case, they may make a jump this year.
Yep as I said elsewhere this years Maryland team is going to be the Syracuse team from last year

Its much more than TD13. That o-line is going to get him hurt I fear. I have argued with other fans in this forum about the O-line recruiting in particular under HCDB. Its got to get better. With Dungey and the HCSS o-line cycling out we have a bunch of guys that HCDB has recruited who had a bunch of MAC offers. I am even more concerned about the O-line now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom