Maryland Game Thread... | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost by 43 to Maryland when we were supposed to be good. This is as reasonable as you’ll ever see in that scenario.
I could do without the “only team we will beat is HC” type posts.

24 hour rule( take posts with grain of salt , including mine, for 24 hours after bitter loss)

We were a 4-8, 3-9 type of team for years. It’s not unrealistic to think Holy Cross might be our only gimmie, and then we’ll beat WMU and Wake or something. That was our reality for a long time and nothing I’ve seen this year makes me think we’re significantly better than that.

Hopefully we get a lot better.

First question. Who is kieth bulluck. Second question. So he only wants to travel if they are ranked?

First question. Who is kieth bulluck. Second question. So he only wants to travel if they are ranked?
tenor.gif

One of the best players in SU football history.
Yeah I just looked him up. Sad he won’t be coming. It would be good for the team to see what success looks like imo

We were a 4-8, 3-9 type of team for years. It’s not unrealistic to think Holy Cross might be our only gimmie, and then we’ll beat WMU and Wake or something. That was our reality for a long time and nothing I’ve seen this year makes me think we’re significantly better than that.

Hopefully we get a lot better.

Seeing Tommy’s stats has me thinking differently. It really comes down to line play. I don’t know if that was a fluke defensive effort, because I know we have some players. Need to do something about the LB’s thought because they are going to be exploited.

I’m all for a packed house to honor Tim Greene and to be rocking for a potential miracle upset. We all know we got hammered by some scrub team the week before we beat #1Nebraska in 84. You never 100% know.

But Gameday is for the games with hype where it’s fairly evenly matched. We should be 30 point underdogs. I hope everyone else ignores this game...and only pays attention if we’re somehow hanging.

I’m legit rooting against Gameday at this point.

I want Gameday when we’re good and going to at least go toe to toe with somebody good.
Yeah, I don't think it would do us any harm to have Gameday per se, but man, it would be nice to have it under more optimistic conditions.

Games where we were ranked and got beat like this: VT 99 and Miami 01?

Those teams were national title contenders at least.

I

Hell, SU gave up 76 points against Nate Peterman and Pitt in 2016.
It’s been worse than today.
Look. Here is how to evaluate this game. Wonderful tailgate by Texan Mark. Met lots of new people - five stars.

The game. It was a Hoover, it really sucked. One of the worst SU games I have ever witnessed Zero stars

After the game headed back to Southern Jersey by going over the Bay bridge and stopping at Kent Island to eat seafood at Harris seafood Had a half dozen steamed crabs followed by fried local oysters and soft shell crabs. Life is good. Five stars

All and all a great day and life goes on.

The poor coaches have to figure things out. I think Cuse Regular was right when he said we should not get ahead of ourselves

I mean, have you actually looked at their recruiting?

Cause no it’s actually not.
Yea I see their 2019 class is ranked 47, we're 55 on 247's site. Average recruit score for them is 85.73, and we're 84.83. And just to put "caliber" in perspective, Alabama way up at #1 is 94.38, Clemson is #10 with 89.76. I would say Maryland is in our recruiting wheel house and pretty much the same caliber.
They got 3 - 4 stars, 15 - 3 stars. We got 20 - 3 stars. Come on now. This was a coaching clinic today, not an on-field personnel clinic. I am not bashing Babers, I like the guy. I just think today exposed a lot of "things".

Last edited:
Yea I see their 2019 class is ranked 47, we're 55 on 247's site. Average recruit score for them is 85.73, and we're 84.83. And just to put "caliber" in perspective, Alabama way up at #1 is 94.38, Clemson is #10 with 89.76. I would say Maryland is in our recruiting wheel house and pretty much the same caliber.
They got 3 - 4 stars, 15 - 3 stars. We got 20 - 3 stars. Come on now. This was a coaching clinic today, not an on-field personnel clinic. I am not bashing Babers, I like the guy. I just think today exposed a lot of "things".

What about the previous 3 years?

Is one teams oline opening insane holes and the other opening none on the game coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom