Class of 2015 - Matt Colburn to Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Matt Colburn to Wake Forest

There's no rule that says a recruit has to sign an LOI on Feb. 4th. My advice to this player is to take your time, take your visits, and then decide.

and a kid who's probably overrated at 3* and a 5.6

offers from mostly 1AA's and then LVille defers him.

I know we have 3 rb's, we could always use more playmakers.
all 3 RBs we have committed are better than this kid.

Louisville definitely had higher kids on their board that want to go there

Dan Lyons ‏@Dan_Lyons76 2m2 minutes ago
Coach Of Spurned Former Louisville Commit Has Banned Bobby Petrino And Staff From Recruiting His School http://collegespun.com/acc/louisville-big-east/coach-of-spurned-former-louisville-commit-has-banned-bobby-petrino-and-staff-from-recruiting-his-school…

Digging in a bit more, it sounds like he may end up at Louisville by default with a grayshirt...only other offer that they've disclosed is Navy. If we wanted to take a shot on him, we could probably snag him.

You don't mess with Coach Knotts. Pretty famous in the Carolinas. Coached tons of NFL kids.

Didn't see this posted

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...uth-carolina-rb-to-grayshirt-at-a-tough-time/

With 48 hours to go until being able to submit his National Letter of Intent to Louisville, South Carolina running back Matt Colburn was asked to put his Louisville plans on hold until next January. Louisville head coachBobby Petrino pulled a scholarship offer to Colburn that had been verbally accepted for the past eight months with the request he enroll next January and grayshirt for the Cardinals.

Colburn's high school coach has said Petrino will no longer be welcome to recruit his school.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20150202/PSPORTS02/150209935/-1/PSPORTS

You don't mess with Coach Knotts. Pretty famous in the Carolinas. Coached tons of NFL kids.
Pretty serious track record behind Knotts... Serious coaching chops for a looooong time in that area. Would still be running off State Championships at Independence if he didn't let his emotions get the better of him.

From the comments on the article:

"30 years ago, Syracuse did the same thing to me. So, I went to Buffalo. I had and awesome 8 year in college (BA, MS, PhD) and have a wonderful quality of life. I have hated Syracuse ever since. When they called to talk to my boy, I asked them to never call my home again. He is happily playing for ECU."

Any detectives out there that can guess who this is? If true, of course.

"30 years ago, Syracuse did the same thing to me. So, I went to Buffalo. I had and awesome 8 year in college (BA, MS, PhD) and have a wonderful quality of life. I have hated Syracuse ever since. When they called to talk to my boy, I asked them to never call my home again. He is happily playing for ECU."

30 years later and the guy still isn't over it? Yeah, your quality of life must be awesome. Your post didn't include his last comment - 'Suck Fyracuse'.
There's nobody on the ECU football roster from NY so Mr Sunshine must have moved on from perfect Buffalo after getting his doctorate. BTW, eight years for a BA, MS, and PhD probably means that he got his PhD in two years?

Well, of course, since I am sure that the same people who did that "30 years ago" are still around perpetrating this outrage on today's youth.

30 years later and the guy still isn't over it? Yeah, your quality of life must be awesome. Your post didn't include his last comment - 'Suck Fyracuse'.
There's nobody on the ECU football roster from NY so Mr Sunshine must have moved on from perfect Buffalo after getting his doctorate. BTW, eight years for a BA, MS, and PhD probably means that he got his PhD in two years?

Props to Coach Mac for pulling this kids' scholarship 30 years ago. He sounds like a real winner. ;)

So we sympathize with Colburn, but not with the SU recruit 30 years ago? Please explain.

So we sympathize with Colburn, but not with the SU recruit 30 years ago? Please explain.
well, the latter is alleging that this happened, but worked out great for him - and yet 30 years later he's acting like a troll on a message board and writing things like suck fyracuse as a supposed almost 50 year old with a PhD - yes, he gets less sympathy from me than a 17/18 year old kid who I can confirm with news reports had his lone D1 scholarship offer (that he had honored for 8 months) pulled from him 2 days before national signing day

make sense?

Dave Clawson ‏@CoachClawson
Welcome Matthew Colburn to the Deacon Family. Excited to get another playmaker. #WAKEH15TORY

B9kZnc6CUAIh1L_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom