Class of 2014 - Matt Domer | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Matt Domer

Coaching Hiring Firing Season Primer

Keep an eye on: Illinois. Fighting Illini administrators pondered pulling the plug on Tim Beckman last year, even discreetly making calls to see if coaches had any interest. Now, Illinois is struggling both on the field and the recruiting trail, and Saturday's ESPN broadcast of a 60-35 loss to Ohio State cast negativity on Beckman's future. A winless Big Ten season may force the program to make a move. However, Illinois may be worried that difficult admissions standards make the job unattractive.

Let's hope they kept his number!

Coaching Hiring Firing Season Primer

Keep an eye on: Illinois. Fighting Illini administrators pondered pulling the plug on Tim Beckman last year, even discreetly making calls to see if coaches had any interest. Now, Illinois is struggling both on the field and the recruiting trail, and Saturday's ESPN broadcast of a 60-35 loss to Ohio State cast negativity on Beckman's future. A winless Big Ten season may force the program to make a move. However, Illinois may be worried that difficult admissions standards make the job unattractive.

Let's hope they kept his number!

Amen, I love Domer. Beckman is a horse's a**, I see enough of him out here in Chicagoland to know he is Randy Edsall without any success(BCS level success), aka an arrogant jackass. Domer needs to come to SU, play for HCSMFS!

Amen, I love Domer. Beckman is a horse's a**, I see enough of him out here in Chicagoland to know he is Randy Edsall without any success(BCS level success), aka an arrogant jackass. Domer needs to come to SU, play for HCSMFS!

I really don't think it's Domer's decision. If we wanted him I think we would have a pretty good chance at landing him

i have wanted Domer all along, just doesn't seem we are interested
I think we are interested but not enough to go chasing after him again with no mutual interest. Why waste $ and time on a kid when he already said no to us once?!

I think we are interested but not enough to go chasing after him again with no mutual interest. Why waste $ and time on a kid when he already said no to us once?!

he didn't say no to us originally. we cancelled his visit because we wanted Ish, Ollison, and Erv

we didnt offer locke
NOt offering him would be a mistake despite some other opinions here. I think the kid is a Div 12 player at RB more than others we have offered.

he didn't say no to us originally. we cancelled his visit because we wanted Ish, Ollison, and Erv
I still want Ollison and hope we are wasting more time there in trying to flip him. I believe he is worth the effort even though flipping players isn't one of our strong points, Mister is a case in point.

I still want Ollison and hope we are wasting more time there in trying to flip him. I believe he is worth the effort even though flipping players isn't one of our strong points, Mister is a case in point.

i have a feeling we still pretty good that we can get a visit from Mister. Until that point Mister won't have an offer. With ISU shitting the bed he is primed for a flip. Only problem we may be in line behind Michigan St. Let's hope the Dawson connection can improve our position. by the way Dawson's official is 1.31, that would be a great date to get Mister here. I have a feeling that is why we scheduled his official so late (pure speculation)

Illinois football staff member charged with pointing gun at co-workers

URBANA, Ill. -- University of Illinois football staff member and former NFL player Matt Sinclair was charged Monday with two felonies after allegedly pointing an unloaded handgun at a vehicle carrying other staff members, authorities said.

Sinclair was arraigned on two felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon, Champaign County State's Attorney Julia Rietz said. The 31-year-old Champaign resident was arrested Saturday as he drove his truck home from Illinois' game at Purdue in West Lafayette, Ind.

Someone called police around 4 p.m. Saturday to report a driver pointing a gun out of a truck on Interstate 74 in eastern Illinois.

After police arrested Sinclair a short time later in Urbana, "(Sinclair) told them it was a joke," Rietz said.

A phone listing for Sinclair is disconnected, and he does not yet have a lawyer.

Police said they also found a set of brass knuckles in the truck and a loaded magazine for the gun. Rietz said Sinclair also was charged with a misdemeanor related to the brass knuckles.

Illinois football coach Tim Beckman said in an emailed statement that Sinclair "clearly had a lapse in judgment after returning to Champaign-Urbana on Saturday," but declined further comment.

Sinclair was hired in April as Illinois' assistant director of player personnel and relations.

The St. Louis native played at Illinois from 2001 to 2004, including three seasons as a starting linebacker. He then played several seasons in the NFL with the Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins.

Sinclair pleaded guilty in Champaign County in 2004 to misdemeanor battery and spent a year on probation.

Illinois football staff member charged with pointing gun at co-workers

URBANA, Ill. -- University of Illinois football staff member and former NFL player Matt Sinclair was charged Monday with two felonies after allegedly pointing an unloaded handgun at a vehicle carrying other staff members, authorities said.

Sinclair was arraigned on two felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon, Champaign County State's Attorney Julia Rietz said. The 31-year-old Champaign resident was arrested Saturday as he drove his truck home from Illinois' game at Purdue in West Lafayette, Ind.

Someone called police around 4 p.m. Saturday to report a driver pointing a gun out of a truck on Interstate 74 in eastern Illinois.

After police arrested Sinclair a short time later in Urbana, "(Sinclair) told them it was a joke," Rietz said.

A phone listing for Sinclair is disconnected, and he does not yet have a lawyer.

Police said they also found a set of brass knuckles in the truck and a loaded magazine for the gun. Rietz said Sinclair also was charged with a misdemeanor related to the brass knuckles.

Illinois football coach Tim Beckman said in an emailed statement that Sinclair "clearly had a lapse in judgment after returning to Champaign-Urbana on Saturday," but declined further comment.

Sinclair was hired in April as Illinois' assistant director of player personnel and relations.

The St. Louis native played at Illinois from 2001 to 2004, including three seasons as a starting linebacker. He then played several seasons in the NFL with the Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins.

Sinclair pleaded guilty in Champaign County in 2004 to misdemeanor battery and spent a year on probation.

wow...talk about being ignorant.The nail in the coffin for Beckman.

What do you expect for a team of coaches that showed no class at all when they went to PSU to try to get any player they could?

"(Sinclair) told them it was a joke". Man, that Sinclair guy is a riot. I would love for us to get Domer, give that kid a call, no guns please.

Illinois almost pulled it off vs. Northwestern. Here's their student section

BaWkFdDCUAArFrw.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

i have wanted Domer all along, just doesn't seem we are interested
I think that the response from Domer wasn't very encouraging. Recruiting the proverbial dead horse is expensive and time consuming.couchburn

I think that the response from Domer wasn't very encouraging. Recruiting the proverbial dead horse is expensive and time consuming.couchburn

Were you there to hear it? Stop posturing as if you know these things because you never do.

Domer's Mt Carmel team just beat Moskal's Lake Zurich team for the state championship. Domer went off on a defense that hadn't given up more then a few points all season.

Haha, posts look totally out of context when you block someone.

LOL ... I don't mind some hypothesizing but you when you state something like its fact (like he does) about recruits that may read this board it just doesn't help us ... does Domer read this board? Probably not but guess what ... you google some of these kids and this site shows up and a lot of these kids do google themselves ... the last thing they need is to see someone speaking about their mindset as fact when they have never even met ... baffling to me.

Tim Beckman will return to Illinois

Illinois will not be looking for a new head coach this offseason.

Athletic director Mike Thomas told WCIA in Champaign that Tim Beckman would return to the Illini for the 2014 season, putting to bed any possible speculation that he would be fired.

Beckman's first two seasons at Illinois have not gone very well. The team went 2-10 in 2012 and 0-8 in conference play. The Illini then lost their first six conference games this season before finally beating Purdue 20-16 to end a 20-game Big Ten losing streak. They finished the season 4-8.

However, while it may not be obvious to outside observers, there was significant improvement from the Illini in 2013, particularly on offense where a unit that averaged only 16.7 points per game last season averaged 29.7 points per game this season. However, that improved offense wasn't enough to make up for a defense that finished 112th in the nation in total defense, allowing 481.5 yards per game and 35.4 points per game.

So while Beckman may be returning to Champaign next season, it wouldn't be surprising to see some staff changes made. Beckman hired Bill Cubit before the 2013 season to fix the offense, and he may be looking for a defensive coordinator who can do the same for his defense this winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom